The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 November 2018, 06:57 PM   #91
DP63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078
Your choice at the end of the day ... I'll add that you need to wear your watches though, the BLRO AND the Daytona both look to have their stickers still on, so with that being said, if its just a collection of highly sought after Rolex for collections sake, does the dial colour matter?
Old 12 November 2018, 08:22 PM   #92
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
So what's the latest on the GF, is she still around...?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 09:46 AM   #93
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Incoming ... (not sure on it though)

I prefer the black dial Daytona, so it would be a no-brained for me.

As for the GF, where does she get off speaking like a wife?!? Tell her not to worry because I have offered to pay you FULL RETAIL for the black dial Daytona you just mistakenly bought. Maybe then she’ll speak to you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 12:12 PM   #94
ScottishRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Great decision to buy, the white is amazing but who knows if/when it would come.
ScottishRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 12:20 PM   #95
DESH
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the numbers..
i sure you will own both..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2531.jpg (58.4 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2456.jpg (100.0 KB, 83 views)
Old 13 November 2018, 12:44 PM   #96
WatchinMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Saxonia Moonphase
Looks great! Congrats
WatchinMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 01:04 PM   #97
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg307 View Post
i sure you will own both..
This was on my list of course, but I did not expect it in such short order /soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
I prefer the black dial Daytona, so it would be a no-brained for me.

As for the GF, where does she get off speaking like a wife?!? Tell her not to worry because I have offered to pay you FULL RETAIL for the black dial Daytona you just mistakenly bought. Maybe then she’ll speak to you again.
LOL ... she's still speaking to me.

(apologies that I haven't quoted all messages)

Thank you all for the input! This is why I like the TRF community, you guys are supportive and put things in perspective. (I did tell myself that from now on, I won't bring up my collection with the gf but I do understand what everyone is saying - I understand both sides of course. I work hard (as we all do) and feel proud when I pick up a new piece after saving the $$.

Again, I do wear my watches and am OCD (a little, not going to deny it) I'll let the stickers fall off themselves. Having four watches, I rotate them each week. (The Panerai does not get any wear, which I most probably will sell)

A little background, I was offered a White dial 116520 in Dec 2016. The SA told me I could take a day and think about it (it was the last two they received (black and white dial). I went in the next day and spoke to my SA and she mentioned that her manager sold the watch that morning despite her telling him it was on hold for me. From that moment, I have regretted not picking up the SS Daytona (I was hard set on the black dial) but again was offered the White and at that time, I did not know that I could swap the dial (even though I have been a member on TRF for a while - I wasn't that active) - so I think being offered the Black dial now and pondering it for over an hour, I thought that I possibly can't let this opportunity pass up again.

But on a side note, I did call RSC in Toronto and was told that I could do a dial swap + hands however, the watch would need a Full service plus the cost of the dial (price was not in the system - her words) as the watch is so new. Possible in total the dial swap and service (which is not required of course, as the watch is brand new) would be close to $2,000 + tax (assuming the dial/hands cost $1k); not worth it in my books.

But right now the Daytona is starting to grow on me

Thank you all again for the kind words and advice!
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 03:47 PM   #98
mjr24
Banned

I'm actually not a fan of white-dialed watches....I just feel they look "cheaper".
Also, the Daytona is a chronograph....way different than your other watches (someone said there was not a lot of difference between your's). If anything, I'd choose between the Batman and Pepsi....I think the Pepsi is overrated, new movement or not. Take advantage and sell it while the pricing is hot.
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 09:14 PM   #99
Beckster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Most likely you’ll end up loving the one on the wrist now and later still buy the white when the opportunity arises. I think...
Old 13 November 2018, 10:00 PM   #100
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great choice and I believe it was the right one for you. No self doubt, just enjoy your watch and your other watches as you have a very nice collection.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 10:36 PM   #101
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinleems View Post
But on a side note, I did call RSC in Toronto and was told that I could do a dial swap + hands however, the watch would need a Full service plus the cost of the dial (price was not in the system - her words) as the watch is so new. Possible in total the dial swap and service (which is not required of course, as the watch is brand new) would be close to $2,000 + tax (assuming the dial/hands cost $1k); not worth it in my books.
Daytona service is about $1250 USD. That puts the dial and hands at around $750. They require a full service simply because the watch gets opened. No way around that, unfortunately.

Good to know you have that option, even if it's $2k. I doubt RUSA will budge on their stance unless things have changed recently. Canada is obviously more lax about it.

Personally, I'm a fan of the black dial. It's more rare to see.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2018, 07:07 AM   #102
reecester
"TRF" Member

Very good decision based on your collection.
reecester is offline   Reply With Quote