The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 September 2018, 03:07 PM   #1
greanie
"TRF" Member

What would you trade (HULK) 116610LV for?

I recently acquired an 116610LV and as beautiful as the watch is . . I find myself desiring a yellow gold. 116610LB has been calling after me recently . . And I wonder if it’s a “Wise” move to trade over, or sell and acquire, to the blue TT sub.

Obviously a lot of this is “Preference” and “do what you like” and “what you love”.

But I wonder if it’s just worth buying the Blue TT at a “Used” price. Or even just doing a Swap over to that watch.

What else would you (the WIS) be willing to trade, plus or minus a few $k, a “Hulk” for??? Or what in the PM field am I looking at being close to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 04:43 PM   #2
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
My Hulk is a keeper.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 04:44 PM   #3
Dsmith1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
TT sub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dsmith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 05:26 PM   #4
bp1000
"TRF" Member

I wouldn’t sell mine but in your shoes I’d be after a yellow gold Daytona with contrasting subdials (black and gold) or green dial
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 05:29 PM   #5
Gunbucker
"TRF" Member

In my case, I traded it for a Patek 5170G, of course with a sizeable cash top-up from my side. That said, given the same situation today, I'd happily trade it, again with cash top-up for a ceramic Pepsi GMT.

Too many people I know have the SubC LV that it's not fun to wear anymore! YMMV
Gunbucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 05:46 PM   #6
peterpl
Banned

It really depends - after a while the green doesnt work. That happen to me.

The blue goes with everything, casual or dressy.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 06:20 PM   #7
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

This comment probably isn’t relevant to you as it’s a geographical thing, so feel free to roundly ignore, but round these parts the green Sub is impossible to acquire without connections unless you’re willing to pay >50% above retail. Even with connections it might take a year or more to get hold of. So I wouldn’t trade it unless I was certain I wouldn’t regret it.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 06:33 PM   #8
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
This comment probably isn’t relevant to you as it’s a geographical thing, so feel free to roundly ignore, but round these parts the green Sub is impossible to acquire without connections unless you’re willing to pay >50% above retail. Even with connections it might take a year or more to get hold of. So I wouldn’t trade it unless I was certain I wouldn’t regret it.
You can order one from any dealer on this very site for slightly above MSRP and you will have it to your door within 3-4 days. Who's paying > 50% above retail for a Hulk? LMFAO - that is pure stupidity.

Doesnt matter where you are in the world.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 06:46 PM   #9
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
You can order one from any dealer on this very site for slightly above MSRP and you will have it to your door within 3-4 days. Who's paying > 50% above retail for a Hulk? LMFAO - that is pure stupidity.

You know where to get Hulks for "slightly above MSRP" ??
Really?
Everywhere in England they are at least 50% over MSRP. Where do you live?
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 06:53 PM   #10
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post

I’ll guess that you didn’t notice my location when you replied but in case you did, you’re wrong.

Firstly, Justrolexes has an LVc listed here for $12500. I checked DavidSW’s site to confirm that’s representative and it is. That isn’t remotely “slightly above MSRP” it’s 40% above the US retail price. Converted into Sterling that’s £9500 which is almost as much as it costs on the grey market here.

But that’s only the price I’d pay if I wanted to attempt to commit fraud by not declaring the purchase to HMRC (the tax authority in the U.K.). If you prefer not to risk a criminal record then you have to add a tick over 20% to the above figure.

As for who is paying, I wouldn’t. But I can see why people do. Money is no object for some, and if you’re in that fortunate position, why wait for something you might never even get if you can get one now by paying a bit more. Objectively, paying thousands of pounds for any watch is somewhat insane. What’s a few grand more?
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 07:04 PM   #11
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
My Hulk is a keeper.
Same, my fave SS Rolex, the fact it's gone up £4K in price hasn't hurt either.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 07:09 PM   #12
Ljung
"TRF" Member

Try to ask yourself, are you going to wear it or going for new favourite? If not wearing anymore, ask yourself again, why keeping?
Ljung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 10:19 PM   #13
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
The TT Submariner is a cool watch and if you would enjoy it more then the Hulk then go for it. I would go with a TT Submariner that is slightly pre-owned and complete with box and papers and a majority of the warranty left. Look at DavidSW's website and contact him. He is great to work with and while I think he will be slightly more than some others you will get impeccable service and his trade values back are slightly higher. Several other TS can also help you and if you have a question on the deal through David, cross reference him with others. Good luck and go get your watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 10:22 PM   #14
greanie
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the insight folks . . . .

I waited about 6 months + 1 watch purchase to acquire the Hulk, and the 116610LB is readily available at a discount.

I have just never owned a watch with any Yellow Gold . . . Have been curious about it.

Im considering holding onto the Hulk and placing it in a Safe and waiting until 2019 to see if it increases Value (I paid MSRP so im already in the "Green" -- LOL!)
greanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 10:23 PM   #15
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
SS > TT for me.
The LVC is one of the best.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 10:23 PM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I’d take a little more time with your LVC and see if you bond with it. If not move it along. I find it takes me a bit of time to really get comfortable with a watch
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 10:32 PM   #17
Buzzlite
"TRF" Member

I was in this same pickle. I was recently offered a BNIB Sub TT for my bnib LV. In the end I decided to keep the LV.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Buzzlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 10:40 PM   #18
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

You will regret trading the LVc for any TT. If you want to go gold, then go all the way.
Old 23 September 2018, 10:53 PM   #19
Vipes
"TRF" Member

I would keep the LVc. I’m appreciating mine more the second time around. Trade for TT then no, yes if full gold.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 12:48 AM   #20
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by greanie View Post

Im considering holding onto the Hulk and placing it in a Safe and waiting until 2019 to see if it increases Value (I paid MSRP so im already in the "Green" -- LOL!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
You will regret trading the LVc for any TT. If you want to go gold, then go all the way.
I would go with one of these two courses of action. If you're thinking TT, just try to find the best deal on a nice pre-owned one you can, and add it to your collection. Having both of these amazing dials at your disposal will give you a lot of firepower. However, if you flip your LV for one, you won't be in the "green" anymore...if that matters.

Now if we're talking full gold 116618 sunburst, then by all means. Full speed ahead.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 01:34 AM   #21
redsubby
"TRF" Member

Would never trade the Hulk for anything T/T
redsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 01:48 AM   #22
Pmt2
"TRF" Member

The right reference # is 116613LB and there’s no way I would ever trade my hulk for a tt sub. I would keep the hulk. There’s a reason it’s not so easily available. The blue tt can be found anywhere and anytime. Think about it.
Pmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 02:00 AM   #23
jps3b
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619
As beautiful as the 116613LB is, I think the SS is much more wearable. I have a TT Submariner, and I absolutely love it. But I think it’s more of a 3rd or 4th watch than a daily wearer.
jps3b is offline   Reply With Quote