The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 July 2018, 12:27 PM   #31
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
There was a post yesterday from someone who managed to acquire three in short time. One for keeping, two for 'taking advantage of the current shortage'
So supply must be increasing.
Yes, that was my post in regards to a friend of mine. He managed to sell both the same day fresh from FedEx to a grey dealer. Although I dont condone this as a collector myself, that’s his money, his time, his prerogative.
Rolex Submariner 126613 LB
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST
RoyalOac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2018, 12:45 PM   #32
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalOac View Post
Yes, that was my post in regards to a friend of mine. He managed to sell both the same day fresh from FedEx to a grey dealer. Although I dont condone this as a collector myself, that’s his money, his time, his prerogative.
How did he get 3?
SFBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2018, 01:06 PM   #33
gringtito514
"TRF" Member

Watch: None Yet....
They won’t even put me on their list

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAY View Post
Talked with them today and they said two year minimum
gringtito514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2018, 01:38 PM   #34
WF001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Accutron 214
I started looking this past May. The local ADs didn't seem to take me seriously-"you'll be waiting years for a BLNR, ha ha ..." I called an AD that is out of state that I had a good history with, but no Rolex purchases. The called me back the same day and said they could get me one probably before the end of summer. My watch arrived ~ a week ago. I guess I was lucky. Local AD show cases are pretty much stripped of the in demand Rolexes.
WF001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2018, 01:53 PM   #35
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
I walked into Shreve & Co. on Post Street (near union square) in SF in early June 2017 and tried on the BLNR that was on display. I didn’t buy it. (I know, Oof).

But...

Three weeks later I walked in and asked. They had just gotten a shipment. I had no history. Walked out wearing it. Shreve is the best. As other posters have said...go in person. Being there is very different than a phone call.

Yes, I’ve never seen a BLNR in the case again, but go to the Shreve. Ask for Jason K. These people are the real thing.

Good luck. The Batman is worth the wait. It’s incredible.

Last edited by jstan9; 27 July 2018 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: Typos
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2018, 02:39 PM   #36
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Talked with them today and they said two year minimum
By phone? If feasible, I'd suggest going to the store in-person, making a little small talk, and seeing what they could do. As others have said, I think this is a watch that you can easily have within a few months if an AD knows you really want the watch and will appreciate the opportunity to buy it.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2018, 03:52 PM   #37
Kingpimpin
"TRF" Member

I got one in a week. This was back in apeil and there was zero trouble. Asked the local AD and she said she’d call me back, two days later it was ordered and three, it was on my wrist.
Kingpimpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2018, 05:31 PM   #38
Ckasik
"TRF" Member

Last Friday I decided to get my info to local ADs. One wouldnt take it and 2 others happily jotted down my name and number. To my surprise I woke up to a text yesterday morning that one had just come in if I wanted it. Was kind of just going through the motions. Didnt expect to hear back from one in 5 days. So there really may not be much rhyme or reason.
Ckasik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2018, 10:46 PM   #39
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How did he get 3?
He called various out of state ADs to put his name down, expecting maybe one to stick. He got three of them to call him in a month. This makes me more believe that this "scarcity" is a fallacy.
Old 28 July 2018, 01:17 AM   #40
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Last time I saw it sitting in the case was around Late Sept 2017. A couple of dealers had it, then after that.... no more.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 01:31 AM   #41
woof
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS daytona, Hulk,
I just got my BLNR. It took 3 months.
MoonPhase, Rootbeer
Batman, Sub, Blk GMT, Pepsi,YG Daytona, TTSD, Batgirl, 5167/1A, Speedy, P01, OP, Kermit
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 02:08 AM   #42
greanie
"TRF" Member

I find the availability on this watch is all over the place . . . . I hear some mention getting a call within a few days of inquiring. But i have been on Multiple lists for Many months . . . and i have also called plenty of places that refuse to take my name or Number.

Some folks just have the Luck (or Skill, ill give the credit if its earned)
greanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 02:31 AM   #43
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
I just got my BLNR. It took 3 months.
Where did you purchase?
Old 28 July 2018, 03:01 AM   #44
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

I’m going on vacation next week so I called an AD in that area and he couldn’t have been nicer. He said he takes non refundable deposits on the Batman’s and the orders are usually filled in 1-2 months. He was very candid about his thoughts regarding the sport watch shortage. Again, he was very nice and it’s surprising how I’ve been getting different answers from my local ADs. Local ADs said they wouldn’t put me on a waiting list unless I purchased from them before. My two Rolex watches came from Takuya.
Old 29 July 2018, 03:08 AM   #45
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

I’ve been saying this over and over; the so-called waiting list and scarcity is a fallacy. I JUST purchased a BLNR today from a local AD after asking for it two weeks ago with a particular acquaintence sales rep. I am friends with their VIP customer and he introduced me to his sales rep “friend”. I had stopped by last month and spoke to a different sales rep who said “they havent seen one since last year” ... Although I am grateful that i was able to get one, it is such BS and frustrating for myself and new purchasers of Rolex, that they and I need to go through backchannels to get a piece that was quite easy last year, and being lied to in my face by another sales rep.

So around noon, I walk into the AD, and the same dotard sales rep who lied to me greets me. I tell him “Hi, I’m here for a GMT Black/Blue”. and he magically repeats the same BS and goes “oh, we havent seen those since last year!”. I didnt bother to tell him I was actually there to pay and pick it up with the acquaintence sales rep. The acquaintence sales rep pops out from the back and says, “ oh hey (my name)! Would you like for me to size your GMT?”. The dotard sales rep looks over at him and then at me and says “oh, sorry, I didnt know we got one in”. I have a nice convo with my acquaintence rep and he tells me they’ve been getting BLNRs atleast 3 pieces a month. It’s ridiculous and amazing.

obligatory picture:

Old 29 July 2018, 05:28 AM   #46
Yobber76
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
I began looking in earnest at Rolexes in the 4th qtr of 2017 and can't say I ever saw one in an AD's case. I bought a SubC this year at the end of January, I let the AD know I would buy more Rolexes in the future.
I stop in this AD every 4-6 weeks to talk about the watch market, and other friendly banter. A month ago I said that I would like to order a BLNR, I was willing to put down a deposit and wait for the watch to come in. They suggested it would take 6 months, when I arrived with my checkbook for the deposit, they sold me a BLNR that day, they said they had just received it from Rolex with their shipment.
It's a sellers market, you need to talk to them, show interest, maybe become a customer.
The smart people know these markets change, and hope you will continue to be customer when it's a buyer's market. Plus it's human nature to help those that you like.
Yobber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2018, 06:08 AM   #47
Drake3287
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNIC View Post
BLNR is available even in current market conditions. Establish a face to face relationship with an AD and you will be within 3-4 months of having one. At least here in the US....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is EXACTY what happened to me here in the Bay Area recently. Had my BLNR in just over a month. Feel free to PM me. Face to face relationship is the only way for a highly sought after watch.
Drake3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2018, 02:12 PM   #48
docklee
"TRF" Member

My AD said at least a year

Quote:
For those who have enjoyed the Rolex brand for years, when was the last time you could go into an AD and find a SS BLNR in the display case?

I called several ADs in the San Francisco area to ask about their BLNR waitlist...of course all said they won’t take your name unless you have purchased with them previously. Even then they estimated 2+ plus years. It’s getting ridiculous and it’s surprising consumers don’t turn their interest to other brands. Rolex is like no other company with regard to their lack of communication to consumers.
docklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 06:15 AM   #49
Colin G
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by HNIC View Post
BLNR is available even in current market conditions. Establish a face to face relationship with an AD and you will be within 3-4 months of having one. At least here in the US....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with this.

I was just told similar from the place I buy from. 3-4 months wait since I have a previous purchase history.
Colin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 06:27 AM   #50
voltc
Banned

sometimes you might just be lucky and you run into those rare Rolex watches sitting in the show case at an AD
voltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 06:29 AM   #51
bmrisko
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many...
There was one a couple of weeks ago at the AD here...may still be there, not sure.
bmrisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 10:50 AM   #52
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

BLNR should be easy cop, just dont call or email them, gotta be face to face dealing with a SA
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 11:06 AM   #53
whuang29
"TRF" Member

I ordered mine a couple days ago with a 50% deposit. Hoping that it will come soon
whuang29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2018, 07:51 AM   #54
lenfried29
Banned

Watch: tick-tock
Two days ago I called my AD, which I purchased DSSD a month ago and ask on update for BLNR availability. He replied to hold on while I'm on the phone. 5 sec later he said to come in and get it. So, that day one hour later I own BLNR.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0732.jpg (80.2 KB, 196 views)
lenfried29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2018, 09:43 AM   #55
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

About a year and half ago I started seeing the BLNR in some display cases. This was after the first year after it was released. They didn't stay in cases long, but I did walk into several ADs during that time frame where I caught a few laying around. I had just purchased mine for a slight discount from a trusted seller.

Only a year ago, I walked into my local AD on a whim and bought an LVc right out of the display and didn't think much of it.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2018, 04:42 PM   #56
fastmike
"TRF" Member

I’m looking for a BLNR right now, local ADs won’t even take my name down they say the list is too long and they have no watches

I keep hoping this will get better. I’d prefer to have a warranty card in my name from an AD
fastmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2018, 08:41 PM   #57
JRT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
I’m looking for a BLNR right now, local ADs won’t even take my name down they say the list is too long and they have no watches

I keep hoping this will get better. I’d prefer to have a warranty card in my name from an AD
Do you have a good relationship with your local ADs?
JRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2018, 02:28 AM   #58
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post

I wouldn’t stress about your name on the warranty card.

If you don’t have a well established relationship with an AD and good purchase history, buy grey or you’ll have grey hair by the time you get your BLNR (if ever)
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2018, 04:24 AM   #59
wyguy
"TRF" Member

Last November I walked into an AD in a 'small' out of the way mid-western US town and saw:

- a BLNR,
- an LN,
- a SubC,
- and both a black and polar Exp II

sitting next to each other in the display case. I did not think too much about it at the time.

Since then, in all my subsequent travels, I have seen none of these. Used up all my 'rolex finding luck' I guess....
wyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2018, 05:28 AM   #60
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalOac View Post
I’ve been saying this over and over; the so-called waiting list and scarcity is a fallacy. I JUST purchased a BLNR today from a local AD after asking for it two weeks ago with a particular acquaintence sales rep. I am friends with their VIP customer and he introduced me to his sales rep “friend”. I had stopped by last month and spoke to a different sales rep who said “they havent seen one since last year” ... Although I am grateful that i was able to get one, it is such BS and frustrating for myself and new purchasers of Rolex, that they and I need to go through backchannels to get a piece that was quite easy last year, and being lied to in my face by another sales rep.

So around noon, I walk into the AD, and the same dotard sales rep who lied to me greets me. I tell him “Hi, I’m here for a GMT Black/Blue”. and he magically repeats the same BS and goes “oh, we havent seen those since last year!”. I didnt bother to tell him I was actually there to pay and pick it up with the acquaintence sales rep. The acquaintence sales rep pops out from the back and says, “ oh hey (my name)! Would you like for me to size your GMT?”. The dotard sales rep looks over at him and then at me and says “oh, sorry, I didnt know we got one in”. I have a nice convo with my acquaintence rep and he tells me they’ve been getting BLNRs atleast 3 pieces a month. It’s ridiculous and amazing.

obligatory picture:

3 pieces a month?! I am not sure how true that is.
But congrats on getting the watch.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote