The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 29 April 2018, 09:57 PM   #211
jfriedkin
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
it propably failed at the auction because nobody knew there was an auction. i´m looking for one but even i had no idea. a good platform where everyone has access is chrono 24. and there the 5522 sells for at least 45K.
Auctions are not for everyone. Most everything I buy is from Auction. If you are one of those collectors that buys at auction you would have know about this auction. I bid on 15-20 lots and got nothing.
jfriedkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2018, 04:27 AM   #212
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
Sarcasm aside I wonder how someone knows when a watch listed for sale on Chrono 24 sells and also at what price. Some sellers might have hundreds of watches listed and when I look at the more information about the seller section where it says number of watches sold through trusted checkout it might say one or two, and not specifically which piece either.
Half of the time (if I am being generous) they don't even have the watch they are selling.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2018, 04:41 AM   #213
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Half of the time (if I am being generous) they don't even have the watch they are selling.
this is why i don't consider them a reliable source for anything. Plus you are trying to gather info from a platform of individual sellers with different expectations for price and return. Its not like comparing 50 sale prices from one company and then making a conclusion. Look at one seller. DSW or WF and if their list prices change then that gives you more relevant data.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2018, 04:46 AM   #214
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I have been secretly hoping we’d get there. With Antiquorium I was thinking that was the opening but it did not deliver.
I heard the same thing, they don’t deliver. Maybe some more prayers and your secret desires will come true.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2018, 05:35 AM   #215
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
I heard the same thing, they don’t deliver. Maybe some more prayers and your secret desires will come true.
ice cold...
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2018, 06:11 AM   #216
antikythera
"TRF" Member

i bought couple watches from chrono 24 and never had issues. of course first i ask if the watch is availeble because many sellers have suppliers and let them deliver after you bought the watch. but even in this case you can get an info about delivery time if you ask. to me is the buyer protection on chrono24 important. i know a case where the watch got lost while shipping and the buyer got his money back. just like e.g. the ebay-paypal buyer protection.
antikythera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2018, 06:16 AM   #217
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
i bought couple watches from chrono 24 and never had issues. of course first i ask if the watch is availeble because many sellers have suppliers and let them deliver after you bought the watch. but even in this case you can get an info about delivery time if you ask. to me is the buyer protection on chrono24 important. i know a case where the watch got lost while shipping and the buyer got his money back. just like e.g. the ebay-paypal buyer protection.
Virtually all sellers here carry full value insurance on all shipments. I have an insured shipping account with parcel pro and I am not even a dealer.

I can understand how people feel safer on chrono24 but I think that is a mistake.
Old 30 April 2018, 07:05 AM   #218
antikythera
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Virtually all sellers here carry full value insurance on all shipments. I have an insured shipping account with parcel pro and I am not even a dealer.

I can understand how people feel safer on chrono24 but I think that is a mistake.
sure, the difference is that you would have to wait of the shipping company to return the insured value (and i have unpleasant experience with), while chrono24 or ebay send the money through paypal immediatelly to the buyer no matter of what the shipping company decides to do.
Old 30 April 2018, 01:27 PM   #219
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
sure, the difference is that you would have to wait of the shipping company to return the insured value (and i have unpleasant experience with), while chrono24 or ebay send the money through paypal immediatelly to the buyer no matter of what the shipping company decides to do.
Personally I would wire the individual back their money immediately if FedEx lost the package. But I guess some people could make you wait for the insurance payout.
Old 1 May 2018, 02:15 AM   #220
antikythera
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Personally I would wire the individual back their money immediately if FedEx lost the package. But I guess some people could make you wait for the insurance payout.
thats really honest
Old 1 May 2018, 02:27 AM   #221
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Quote:
thats really honest
One of the many great benefits of this TRF community
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote