The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 January 2006, 02:12 PM   #1
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
It still smiles at me like it did

almost one year ago!! This coming week will be one year with the YM (the real one, JJ!!) and it still does it for me. There was the small (and expensive) clasp modification that I did last year, but the watch is the same and still makes me as happy as the first day I got it.

Even before I left for Hawaii, this one was getting more wrist time, but I think I will start to give it at least equal time with the 88 if not a bit extra. This is my week of honoring the Yachtie.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2006, 02:15 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
YMs rule!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2006, 02:16 PM   #3
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

I will have to agree with the bald crazy kiwi.

Old 29 January 2006, 02:24 PM   #4
s7horton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB, 126610…..
Dman, thanks for the sharing the sweet pics. (You too, JJ). I'm hoping to trade in my sub for a platinum YM this May when I make it down to Mexico..
s7horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2006, 02:31 PM   #5
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7horton
Dman, thanks for the sharing the sweet pics. (You too, JJ). I'm hoping to trade in my sub for a platinum YM this May when I make it down to Mexico..
Oh yeah baby!! I like the way you think!

Old 29 January 2006, 03:40 PM   #6
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Wow! Whats not to love? Beautiful watch!

Last edited by C.J.; 29 January 2006 at 03:40 PM..
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2006, 03:44 PM   #7
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
Ok with all this loving of the YM (I love it too) I have to say something about what I dont like. The long end link has always looked out of place to me. It makes the watch look like someone over polished the watch and made the lugs too short. Thats the only thing that bugs me about the YMs.

Is the YM the only Rolex like that?
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2006, 03:48 PM   #8
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerF
Ok with all this loving of the YM (I love it too) I have to say something about what I dont like. The long end link has always looked out of place to me. It makes the watch look like someone over polished the watch and made the lugs too short. Thats the only thing that bugs me about the YMs.

Does that mean the list of finalist has grown to:
14060M
16570 blk
16622 ?

Last edited by C.J.; 29 January 2006 at 03:49 PM..
Old 29 January 2006, 04:02 PM   #9
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
nope, the 16622 or 16623 is a new want of mine (been in love maybe 6 months,) I actually used to hate it because it has no real place in the professional series since water activities have always been a job for Subs. But even without a history the looks has grown on me and I have accepted it and who knows maybe someone cool will use it for an adventure someday to give it some heritage to go with its handsome looks.

so its still 14060M or 16570 and the 116520 should be coming in shortly (although I may pass on the next one and wait till xmas while I break in whichever I choose for my b-day this year hehehe)
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2006, 04:30 PM   #10
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
nope, the 16622 or 16623 is a new want of mine (been in love maybe 6 months,) I actually used to hate it because it has no real place in the professional series since water activities have always been a job for Subs. But even without a history the looks has grown on me and I have accepted it and who knows maybe someone cool will use it for an adventure someday to give it some heritage to go with its handsome looks.

so its still 14060M or 16570 and the 116520 should be coming in shortly (although I may pass on the next one and wait till xmas while I break in whichever I choose for my b-day this year hehehe)
16570. As classic as the sub is it looks an awful lot like your SD.
Old 29 January 2006, 04:38 PM   #11
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
almost one year ago!! This coming week will be one year with the YM (the real one, JJ!!) and it still does it for me. There was the small (and expensive) clasp modification that I did last year, but the watch is the same and still makes me as happy as the first day I got it.

Even before I left for Hawaii, this one was getting more wrist time, but I think I will start to give it at least equal time with the 88 if not a bit extra. This is my week of honoring the Yachtie.

You sure are dman.

Very nice watch. In fact if I were going to get another Rolex (not very probable) that YM and the LV sub are at the top of the list.

You have great style.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2006, 10:23 PM   #12
mailman
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Great pics JJ and Daren. I love the Plat/SS Ym
Old 30 January 2006, 01:20 AM   #13
ralphieralph
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBMARINER
Great pics There's nothing like the Yachty!!!!!!!
ralphieralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2006, 04:19 AM   #14
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:

Yes,Roger....the YM is the only Rolex with the lugs shaped like that. But believe me, the wearer comfort is amazing. It sits very well on the wrist and does not flip-flop around in any way.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2006, 12:47 PM   #15
maverick
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:

Ask Dman about the flaming I used to get (on TZ)for posting pics of my YM when I first bought it. It did not get enough wrist time last year. I seemed to never put it on and then over the holidays I wore it all the time. I forgot how beautiful and comfortable it is. =) maverick

maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2006, 01:40 PM   #16
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

It is super comfy and it also seems to wear large since it is flatter on the wrist than many models.

Yeah I remeber the p***ks popping up Dennis, but the watch and pics were great then and they still are pal!!

Old 30 January 2006, 09:49 PM   #17
----

Nice pics Daren and Mav........I remember when I first went on TZ and there was hardly anyone discussing the YM. Every so often someone would ask why it wasn't talked about, and a bunch of regulars would basically run it down (new model, no following, no purpose).......that's why I hang out here.

Old 30 January 2006, 11:58 PM   #18
Atomic

Still my all-time fave Rolex.