The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 March 2018, 10:49 PM   #391
AK797
2018 DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
AK797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Real Name: Neil
Location: UK
Watch: ing ships roll in
Posts: 49,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
It’s discontinued spoke to Ad
There focus is on supply for the new GMT realeses he said once the final shipments are made it will disappear from website
That’s why it’s not in print as they won’t reprint brochures when watches discontinue
But then I don't see why they would display it as Basel, it doesn't need the publicity and didn't get any. If its being replaced by the 3285 mvmt then that makes more sense but completely gone does not.
AK797 is offline  
Old 30 March 2018, 10:56 PM   #392
maizerage25
"TRF" Member
 
maizerage25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Real Name: Dave
Location: Cleveland, OH
Watch: 216570, 116710BLNR
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B. View Post
Picking up mine in the afternoon. Had to wait for only 2 weeks. Last batch?
Picked mine up Tuesday, waited about 8 weeks. Cleveland dealer.
maizerage25 is offline  
Old 30 March 2018, 10:57 PM   #393
904VT
"TRF" Member
 
904VT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Watch: PP, Daytonas, Subs
Posts: 2,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
But then I don't see why they would display it as Basel, it doesn't need the publicity and didn't get any. If its being replaced by the 3285 mvmt then that makes more sense but completely gone does not.
If I remember correctly this was the same approach that Rolex took with the 116520 to 116500. They left both online for a few months, but my memory may be slightly off
904VT is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 12:05 AM   #394
AK797
2018 DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
AK797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Real Name: Neil
Location: UK
Watch: ing ships roll in
Posts: 49,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
If I remember correctly this was the same approach that Rolex took with the 116520 to 116500. They left both online for a few months, but my memory may be slightly off
But Rolex are a lot more SM savvy now and know we are all watching like hawks at Basel for any signals, so I can't put it down to just laziness etc as was the case before. Just think in today's world it would be a very cynical move to mis-advertise this.
AK797 is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 12:17 AM   #395
Jacobson
"TRF" Member
 
Jacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA, UK, UAE
Posts: 460
Look at it like this, ADs are still selling the BLNR so there is definitely stock still available in the supply chain, even if it's being disco it would make sense to leave it on the site (& show at Bazel) simply due the fact that it's replacement the Diet Pepsi is potentially still a few months away from hitting ADs.

If it's going to be upgraded with new movement & case then I don't see it happening until after the Diet Pepsi begins to ship
__________________
ROLEX: 16570 - 16610LV - 116610LN - 116610LV - 16710 - 116710BLNR - 126710BLRO - 116520 Black - 116500LN White - 116500LN Black - 228206 Ice
PP: 5711/1A Blue - 5056P-001 -- AP: 15450ST White - 15202ST Blue - 26331IP
Jacobson is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 12:27 AM   #396
lhawli
2018 Pledge Member
 
lhawli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobson View Post
Diet Pepsi

I donít know why, but this cracked me up!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
AP Royal Oak [15400ST.01]
Rolex Submariner Date [116610LV]
Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona [116500LN]
Omega Seamaster PO 600M [2201.50 - 2500D]
Omega Speedmaster Pro [311.30.42.30.01.005]
lhawli is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 04:14 AM   #397
JacksonStone
"TRF" Member
 
JacksonStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
But Rolex are a lot more SM savvy now and know we are all watching like hawks at Basel for any signals, so I can't put it down to just laziness etc as was the case before. Just think in today's world it would be a very cynical move to mis-advertise this.
Perhaps they are deliberately sending mixed signals, since they still have stock to move. It wouldn't be mis-advertising, so much as they're not ready to announce the disco yet. If the BLNR were not displayed at Basel, and missing from the catalog, we would know it's gone. This way, we're left scratching our heads.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 04:16 AM   #398
Khans14
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Perhaps they are deliberately sending mixed signals, since they still have stock to move. It wouldn't be mis-advertising, so much as they're not ready to announce the disco yet. If the BLNR were not displayed at Basel, and missing from the catalog, we would know it's gone. This way, we're left scratching our heads.
Agreed. I do not think there is a lot of shooting from the hip with rolex. They seem to be very deliberate and measured in even the slightest action or inaction.
Khans14 is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 04:20 AM   #399
Alex Ks
"TRF" Member
 
Alex Ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 274
it's not discontinued and won't be for a while. move on.
Alex Ks is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 04:38 AM   #400
arizonapaul
2018 Pledge Member
 
arizonapaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Real Name: Paul
Location: Fountain Hills,Az
Watch: All 3 Sea-Dwellers
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
11 pages. 324 posts. No verifiable definitive answer. Awesome.

lol, now that's funny, thankfully I didn't read them all, just jumped to the end to try and see if you all figured it out
__________________
Rolex Sea-Dweller SD43
Rolex D-blue-
Rolex Hulk
Rolex TT Sub-
Rolex SD4000
Omega Ploprof 1200 m
Panerai 510
Panerai 785 set-NIB
Rolex Airking
arizonapaul is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 04:57 AM   #401
JacksonStone
"TRF" Member
 
JacksonStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex ks View Post
it's not discontinued and won't be for a while. Move on.
ok.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 05:29 AM   #402
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ks View Post
it's not discontinued and won't be for a while. move on.
100% agreed - just same fake news like the Hulk.
We will have BLNR for the next years
Rodrigo082 is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 05:47 AM   #403
piratepress
"TRF" Member
 
piratepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mobile, AL
Watch: BLNR
Posts: 507
The speculation sure has driven buyers into a frenzy. DavidSW had sold all three BLNRs he had for sale this week!
piratepress is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 07:53 AM   #404
lucevan le stelle
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: garden state
Posts: 522
Incredible, 403 posts! How many would a non-conclusive "Hulk discontinued" thread get I wonder?
lucevan le stelle is offline  
Old 31 March 2018, 12:15 PM   #405
Sade
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Real Name: Doc
Location: Queens
Watch: Rolex Turn-O-Graph
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Not on my AD's website. Even filtered it down to Oystersteel only and the BLRO is the only one that came up
Filter by bezel.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Sade is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 05:57 AM   #406
Lgreen2017
2018 Pledge Member
 
Lgreen2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Real Name: Larry
Location: NJ
Watch: 326935 Chocolate
Posts: 16
doubt it
Lgreen2017 is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 11:34 AM   #407
avega357
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Miami
Watch: Rolex GMT's BLNR
Posts: 306
I have now read all 430 posts and the answer is definetly...........MAYBE

No joke, the answer is MAYBE
avega357 is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 01:41 PM   #408
JacksonStone
"TRF" Member
 
JacksonStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by avega357 View Post
I have now read all 430 posts and the answer is definetly...........MAYBE

No joke, the answer is MAYBE
All bickering aside, here's the information we have:

- BLNR, SS LN, and green-dial YM GMTs were displayed in the main case at Baselworld this year;

- Those same models were missing from the Basel catalog and price list, whereas every other sports model reference currently on the Rolex website was included in the catalog (barring the Daytonas, which I haven't checked);

- ABTW reported the BLNR is discontinued, but did not provide any basis for that claim; no mention was made of the SS LN or the green-dial YG;

- ABTW then amended that report to say that Rolex claimed they were intending to continue production of the BLNR; in the same blog post, ABTW continued to speculate the BLNR was still likely to be discontinued or possibly updated, again without explaining why they believed that;

- Fratello also reported Rolex's claim to continue production of the BLNR; likewise, no mention of the SS LN or green-dial YG;

- Many AD websites show only the six GMT models shown in the Basel catalog; the BLNR, LN and green-dial YG are not present; it is fair to note that not all AD website listings are comprehensive;

- Some ADs are claiming they can order the BLNR; at least one AD has said the BLNR will be for sale as long as there is existing stock, but Rolex will not continue to produce it, which is why it is still shown on the Rolex website, but was not in the catalog.

So yeah...maybe. The evidence is contradictory and confusing. It has also come in piecemeal, so the thread has evolved as we've gotten more information. It hasn't helped that some members have come in and argued against the factual existence of the objectively available information, calling it "fake news," or accusing some of us of spreading misinformation and rumors. I submit we haven't been doing that. We've just been clarifying the information available and trying to understand it the best way we can. To the extent we've had to keep demonstrating the information actually exists, to say nothing of what it might mean, this thread has become much longer than it might otherwise have been.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 02:28 PM   #409
Eiso
"TRF" Member
 
Eiso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Houston/Hong Kong
Posts: 73
The prices have already jumped up quite some here in Hong Kong
Eiso is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 03:12 PM   #410
XZACM1001
"TRF" Member
 
XZACM1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Real Name: Martin
Location: CA
Posts: 143
Lesson from SDDS D-Blue: Rolex will not discontinue something that sells well. BLNR and LN are both still in high demand but because there is still inventory of old movements new one will be phased in later this year and both introduced as new references.
Why would they include in 2018/19 printed catalogue soon to be obsoleted references ? LN and BLNR are on display at Basel because they will keep them around and website will get updated with new references when old inventory gets depleted. Not revolution but evolution. Rolex doesn't need to wait for Basel 2019 to do this.
XZACM1001 is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 03:24 PM   #411
JacksonStone
"TRF" Member
 
JacksonStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZACM1001 View Post
Lesson from SDDS D-Blue: Rolex will not discontinue something that sells well.
Rolex did discontinue the previous DSSD models, and then replaced them with updated models. The same thing happened with the first ceramic WG BLRO. Whenever there is information regarding a discontinuation, the most that can be reasonably inferred is that the current reference is being pulled; replacements or updates are beyond the scope of that information. In other words, most of the claims of BLNR and LN discontinuation are with respect only to the current iterations of the model, without respect to any potential replacement or update.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 03:27 PM   #412
superstarmar
2018 DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 5,430
I'm sick of this thread... when it's gone its gone!!!
if indeed it really is gone but no one knows when it really will be gone...
will it really be gone? Im not sure, mr. xyz when will the blnr be gone???
mr. xyz responds, i don't snow , i spink it's here to stay but many say
It's snot here to stay what dost thouest say??? well i don't snow!!!

arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh.... pathetic!!!! get the picture???
it will never end people...when it's gone then it will be gone and whoever
has one is good!!! whoever doesn't will pay a premium...
is that really hard mathematics for geniuses on TRF to figure out?
C'mon for crying out loud , elementary students can figure this out people...
__________________
superstarmar is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 03:57 PM   #413
JacksonStone
"TRF" Member
 
JacksonStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh.... pathetic!!!! get the picture???
In a fraction of the keystrokes it took you to type those exclamation points and question marks, you could have unsubscribed from this thread and saved yourself the torment. Just sayin'.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 04:03 PM   #414
Rashid.bk
2018 Pledge Member
 
Rashid.bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A
Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Posts: 7,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
I'm sick of this thread... when it's gone its gone!!!
if indeed it really is gone but no one knows when it really will be gone...
will it really be gone? Im not sure, mr. xyz when will the blnr be gone???
mr. xyz responds, i don't snow , i spink it's here to stay but many say
It's snot here to stay what dost thouest say??? well i don't snow!!!

arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh.... pathetic!!!! get the picture???
it will never end people...when it's gone then it will be gone and whoever
has one is good!!! whoever doesn't will pay a premium...
is that really hard mathematics for geniuses on TRF to figure out?
C'mon for crying out loud , elementary students can figure this out people...

So true.
Rashid.bk is offline  
Old 2 April 2018, 09:19 PM   #415
Sade
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Real Name: Doc
Location: Queens
Watch: Rolex Turn-O-Graph
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
All bickering aside, here's the information we have:

- BLNR, SS LN, and green-dial YM GMTs were displayed in the main case at Baselworld this year;

- Those same models were missing from the Basel catalog and price list, whereas every other sports model reference currently on the Rolex website was included in the catalog (barring the Daytonas, which I haven't checked);

- ABTW reported the BLNR is discontinued, but did not provide any basis for that claim; no mention was made of the SS LN or the green-dial YG;

- ABTW then amended that report to say that Rolex claimed they were intending to continue production of the BLNR; in the same blog post, ABTW continued to speculate the BLNR was still likely to be discontinued or possibly updated, again without explaining why they believed that;

- Fratello also reported Rolex's claim to continue production of the BLNR; likewise, no mention of the SS LN or green-dial YG;

- Many AD websites show only the six GMT models shown in the Basel catalog; the BLNR, LN and green-dial YG are not present; it is fair to note that not all AD website listings are comprehensive;

- Some ADs are claiming they can order the BLNR; at least one AD has said the BLNR will be for sale as long as there is existing stock, but Rolex will not continue to produce it, which is why it is still shown on the Rolex website, but was not in the catalog.

So yeah...maybe. The evidence is contradictory and confusing. It has also come in piecemeal, so the thread has evolved as we've gotten more information. It hasn't helped that some members have come in and argued against the factual existence of the objectively available information, calling it "fake news," or accusing some of us of spreading misinformation and rumors. I submit we haven't been doing that. We've just been clarifying the information available and trying to understand it the best way we can. To the extent we've had to keep demonstrating the information actually exists, to say nothing of what it might mean, this thread has become much longer than it might otherwise have been.
Amen, and if you dig deep on the AD sites, choose GMT by Bezel, the BLNR shows up.... sometimes.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Sade is offline  
Old 3 April 2018, 02:30 AM   #416
superstarmar
2018 DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 5,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
In a fraction of the keystrokes it took you to type those exclamation points and question marks, you could have unsubscribed from this thread and saved yourself the torment. Just sayin'.
I couldnít resist while I was inspired ...
__________________
superstarmar is offline  
Old 3 April 2018, 03:28 AM   #417
JacksonStone
"TRF" Member
 
JacksonStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
I couldnít resist while I was inspired ...
Well then, have at it.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 3 April 2018, 03:28 AM   #418
2muchtimeonmyhands
2018 Pledge Member
 
2muchtimeonmyhands's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Real Name: Dan
Location: Bermuda
Watch: Daytona
Posts: 110
Seems like the YG green GMT is discontinued. They weren't sure about the BLNR. If it is missing from catalogues like the YG then chances are it may be discontinued.
Sorry, still not a conclusive "yes" but perhaps closer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2523_2.jpg (238.8 KB, 495 views)
2muchtimeonmyhands is offline  
Old 3 April 2018, 04:33 AM   #419
AK797
2018 DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
AK797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Real Name: Neil
Location: UK
Watch: ing ships roll in
Posts: 49,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
All bickering aside, here's the information we have:

- BLNR, SS LN, and green-dial YM GMTs were displayed in the main case at Baselworld this year;

- Those same models were missing from the Basel catalog and price list, whereas every other sports model reference currently on the Rolex website was included in the catalog (barring the Daytonas, which I haven't checked);

- ABTW reported the BLNR is discontinued, but did not provide any basis for that claim; no mention was made of the SS LN or the green-dial YG;

- ABTW then amended that report to say that Rolex claimed they were intending to continue production of the BLNR; in the same blog post, ABTW continued to speculate the BLNR was still likely to be discontinued or possibly updated, again without explaining why they believed that;

- Fratello also reported Rolex's claim to continue production of the BLNR; likewise, no mention of the SS LN or green-dial YG;

- Many AD websites show only the six GMT models shown in the Basel catalog; the BLNR, LN and green-dial YG are not present; it is fair to note that not all AD website listings are comprehensive;

- Some ADs are claiming they can order the BLNR; at least one AD has said the BLNR will be for sale as long as there is existing stock, but Rolex will not continue to produce it, which is why it is still shown on the Rolex website, but was not in the catalog.

So yeah...maybe. The evidence is contradictory and confusing. It has also come in piecemeal, so the thread has evolved as we've gotten more information. It hasn't helped that some members have come in and argued against the factual existence of the objectively available information, calling it "fake news," or accusing some of us of spreading misinformation and rumors. I submit we haven't been doing that. We've just been clarifying the information available and trying to understand it the best way we can. To the extent we've had to keep demonstrating the information actually exists, to say nothing of what it might mean, this thread has become much longer than it might otherwise have been.
Whatever happens, I'm trusting you JacksonStone, to bring us the news first. You're the man for this.
AK797 is offline  
Old 3 April 2018, 04:54 AM   #420
JacksonStone
"TRF" Member
 
JacksonStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Whatever happens, I'm trusting you JacksonStone, to bring us the news first. You're the man for this.
Meh. I'm like an information processor at MI6, sitting in a cubicle at headquarters, munching a day-old scone and drinking PG Tips, trying to make sense of all the data James Bond has turned up after his latest sexcapade and countless vodka martinis.
JacksonStone is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2018, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.