The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 August 2006, 10:52 AM   #1
morgman
"TRF" Member

Thinking of selling new Planet Ocean

I got the PO a week ago to be my daily wearer, but I think I'm turning out to be a "Rolex Guy."

It's the 42mm one with black bezel and SS bracelet. New condition, bought from an AD. It actually keeps much better time than my Rolex, at less than +1 second per day.

Don't know what to price it at though. Not crazy about ebay, where do you guys post? If it doesn't sell, I'll probably just get an orange bezel for it to differentiate it more from by Sub and just keep it, but I would rather put it towards another rollie at the moment.

morgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2006, 11:20 AM   #2
mailman
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgman View Post
I got the PO a week ago to be my daily wearer, but I think I'm turning out to be a "Rolex Guy."

It's the 42mm one with black bezel and SS bracelet. New condition, bought from an AD. It actually keeps much better time than my Rolex, at less than +1 second per day.

Don't know what to price it at though. Not crazy about ebay, where do you guys post? If it doesn't sell, I'll probably just get an orange bezel for it to differentiate it more from by Sub and just keep it, but I would rather put it towards another rollie at the moment.

There's a sales forum here that you can put it on. I doin't believe Omega will swap out the bezel for you. I can't recall if the AD isn't allowed to order it, or if it's a corporate thing.
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2006, 12:32 PM   #3
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
My theory is simple, if you desire something else and the current one doesn't do it for you, move it out and get the one that makes you smile.

Life it short, as long as you can afford it, do it.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2006, 01:43 PM   #4
Biblebanger

I can relate. I just got rid of my 42mm and picked up a new SD. I thought the Planet Ocean was one of the most beautiful watches that I have ever seen but... I just could not get past the pointer hands and the AR coating which made it look blue. So mine went out and was replaced with this.

Biblebanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2006, 01:57 PM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgman View Post

That was a pretty short-lived love affair, Morgman!!! Good luck on the sale, anyway, and I hope you can get your dream Rolex soon enough!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2006, 09:19 PM   #6
mike
"TRF" Member

I think I would try the various sales corners most forums have.
Usually you can get a good idea about pricing from examples already on the SCs.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2006, 12:58 AM   #7
miner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblebanger View Post
I can relate. I just got rid of my 42mm and picked up a new SD. I thought the Planet Ocean was one of the most beautiful watches that I have ever seen but... I just could not get past the pointer hands and the AR coating which made it look blue. So mine went out and was replaced with this.

Now I know why I bought the sd. Jeez that's a good pic but mine looks better cos its on my wrist
miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2006, 04:45 AM   #8
morgman
"TRF" Member

Yes, unfortunately it was somewhat short lived I do like it a lot, just not as much as the Rolex. I think I'd rather let it go sooner rather than later, since it's still mint, and put that $ towards another Rolex.

I wish my Rolex kept as good of time as the Omega though. I don't think it's gained or lost a full second in a whole week!

I actually do like the blue tint under certain lighting conditions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000348.jpg (42.6 KB, 109 views)
morgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2006, 04:50 AM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
The blue tint is due to the double-coated Anti-reflective coating on the crystal.

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote