The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 3 April 2020, 01:22 PM   #31
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
I pastor a United Methodist Church that operates a food pantry serving over 100 families once per month. This month we have arranged a second food distribution. By the way, with layoffs, etc. we added almost 40 more families than average on the giveaway last weekend. The Lord blessed us with the second opportunity to distribute and we are grateful for the ministry.
Can you send a link to your site please?

If mods do not allow, please PM me.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 01:38 PM   #32
dkg1616
"TRF" Member

Take out 2-3 times per week (although many places are slowly shutting down around here), local pet shop to pick up new supplies for our pup we pick up this weekend and continue to pay my 160 per month for cycling classes as it’s small owner operated.

Hopefully these stim packs get into the system quick and can support the larger, small companies (e.g., tech, manufacturing, services, etc)
dkg1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 08:45 PM   #33
Bob the brush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016 Explorer.
I paid my cleaner10 weeks money and told her I would pay more if not back to normal by then, I aalso continue paying my gym membership, only a small gym, they will not be able to weather this storm, in fact I have incresed it slightly, as I do not want this to shut. I am buying an organic veg box from a local charity, and due to social distancing, have to go at an allotted time, ring the bell, leave my money in a box by the door, sit on a rickety old chair, and wait till I confirm my name and my veg box is placed on a table for me to collect. Wonderfully brilliant in these strange times. Its not a lot, and I would like to do more, but where I live, all nearby pubs and restaurants have shut up shop, and none are offering a take away service. Keep safe all, we will get through this. Cheers
DJ 16030 - Buckley dial
DJ 16220
DJ OQ 17013
Bob the brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 09:59 PM   #34
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Extra money or you could call it a tip if you want. We are not wealthy, but we have more than they do.

Making payment easy. For those that come to my home, explain that I have gloved up, put the payment in an envelope. And left it for them to pick up.

Being as thankful as I can and trying to not add to their stress.

Stay safe.
Old 4 April 2020, 09:31 AM   #35
encarter13
"TRF" Member

Many similar things that have already been mentioned - lawn care, local stores, delivery options, small vineyards, etc

More importantly:

We are essential, so my employees are still getting paid. Thay are getting lots of overtime as well.

Ordering takeout lunches every day for the office.

Just signed a contact for a USACE Temporary Hospital project. Sending a crew to Long Island for the job on Wednesday. Yes, they are paying me, but I feel like this is a huge humanitarian project we are taking on for the betterment of the USA and my fellow man.
Old 5 April 2020, 03:00 AM   #36
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Been doing what I can to support local business, primarily being small restaurants and yesterday I supported my jeweler by purchasing something nice for the wife. He was surpremely grateful for the business and told me he was applying for the relief from the fed govt but wasn't sure if they'd be able to sustain the impact this all has had on his business. I could tell he was struggling with it, the business started with his father and was passed down to him...hoping he can make it out the other end as with the rest of the small businesses.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 03:09 AM   #37
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by encarter13 View Post
Many similar things that have already been mentioned - lawn care, local stores, delivery options, small vineyards, etc

More importantly:

We are essential, so my employees are still getting paid. Thay are getting lots of overtime as well.

Ordering takeout lunches every day for the office.

Just signed a contact for a USACE Temporary Hospital project. Sending a crew to Long Island for the job on Wednesday. Yes, they are paying me, but I feel like this is a huge humanitarian project we are taking on for the betterment of the USA and my fellow man.
I’m happy for you.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 03:17 AM   #38
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
After reading this thread, ordered my yearly AC/heater check-up.
They have an on-line appointment menu and it looked as though just about every possible time was available. They're coming out this Wednesday and have already sent me a thank you e-mail.
Old 5 April 2020, 03:26 AM   #39
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Tipping more and ordering to go food a lot, for me as well..
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 03:33 AM   #40
UK AP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Great post, thanks OP, I have been much the same as most, shopping local, take outs, had all our road bikes serviced at the local bloke shop, but I am going to send money to the food bank, I live in a very nice neighbourhood and was shocked by how many people use this service when times are ok, but I can only imagine how it is now.

Cheers
UK AP is offline   Reply With Quote