The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 20 October 2005, 03:11 AM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Saddam's – Trial or Error ?

Saddam Hussein was going on trial for his life today(19th October).
But now postponed till November Saddam's lawyer said he would ask for the trial to be adjourned, arguing he had insufficient time to prepare.Still
the B@st@rd has only been in custody for 2 bloody years how much longer
do they want.The judge said: "You are Saddam Hussein al-Majid ... former president of Iraq", at which point Saddam raised his finger to interrupt, saying testily: "I did not say former president".and pleaded not guilty
Not guilty my ars#

Already the whole thing has ‘cock-up’ written all over it; I detect the hand of Old Nicks £40 an hour Woolworth QC at work.

Right from the start the Americans vigorously opposed an international tribunal, or any kind of mixed Iraqi-international court, convened under the auspices of the United Nations.

So, instead of handing Saddam over to the UN he is to be tried before five Iraqi judges sitting in Baghdad, part of the ‘Special Tribunal’, which was set up in December 2003 by the US-dominated, Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA).

The legitimacy of this so-called ‘Special Tribunal’ has already been called into doubt and it is viewed by many in the Arab world as being bought and paid for by the West.

Saddam is being held in custody at a US-run prison and all security for the proceedings are to be handled by the US military.

I understand that many of the principal court officials have received extensive training in the UK, and in the US, in preparation for a whole mini-series of trials, possibly as many as twelve.

To make a bad situation worse, the Special Tribunal it self will not be hampered by having to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt; it’s own protocols are being disputed by its own officials and, I believe, the Judges will not be allowed to commute any death sentences.

Now I’m not suggesting that Saddam is being set up to be a victim here – far from it, they should have shot the b@st@rd when they first found him hiding in his ‘spider hole’ two years ago.
This farce trial is going to drag on for years and at every turn people are going to be crying ‘Foul’

What shreds my sh!te is that, before it even starts, the whole process seems to be fundamentally flawed, and twatishly tainted. Already there are accusations that Saddam will not receive a fair trial. The sandalistas are going to have a bloody field day and ‘Arab unity’ will, no doubt, receive a much needed boost.Hip Hip bloody Hooray.

Fek me, in a few months time, we’ll probably see the b@st@rd on Richard and Judy or Oprey Winfrey show.Bemoaning the fact that he still hasn’t received an apology for false imprisonment from the bloody Queen.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2005, 03:18 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hmmm....it should be interesting to see for how many years this "trial" will go on and on and on and......

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2005, 04:27 AM   #3
Atomic

Wasn't he the guy responsible for 9/11? Um... no, that guy's still 'at large'...

Didn't he do something bad to the USA? Can't think of any singular threat he posed to the Americans. In fact, the US used to financially back Iraq.

Hmmm...

No doubt Saddam is an evil man. No doubt he deserves to burn in hell for how he abused power and reigned via torture and domestic terror.

Whatever the outcome of the trial he's a dead man (assuming that really is him, as he had a number of doubles and really, I can't be convinced a guy of his wealth and smarts would be hiding in a hole with only a million bux on him).

I will watch with amusement to see how this kangaroo court case unfolds. Now why hasn't US (or world for that matter) intelligence been able to locate Bin Ladin? He's gotta be lying on a beach in South America laughing his tall, Arab ass off at how he can't be found.
Old 20 October 2005, 05:44 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

With no shadow of doubt at all Saddam,and his family was responsible
for the torture and murder,of many of his countrymen.And responsible
for the mass murder of many Shiites,but his trial is turning now into a farce

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 21 October 2005, 09:50 AM   #5
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
This is just another joke in the long line of jokes with this dude.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2005, 05:40 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Agree Daren like I said when they found the b@st@d, they should have
finished him then, and saved the huge costs of the prison and trial etc.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 22 October 2005, 12:32 PM   #7
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Could have termed it "friendly" fire.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2005, 06:15 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
Could have termed it "friendly" fire.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club