The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 October 2005, 07:11 PM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Dangerous Fireworks.

Right. I'm going to be an old spoilsport......ban the sale of fireworks completely. I'm sorry if this spoils things for parents who want to give their young 'ones a small display in the back garden or whatever. But the truth is is that firework injuries are increasing, not to mention frightening pets, livestock and humans.
By making fireworks available to the greater public means that there is always someone who will abuse them. Quite frankly, the fireworks available are in some cases Category 3 and should only be let off in large open spaces IE.playing fields and not your average back garden.

Two nights ago, at about 10pm, the local louts started letting off rockets down the street, not up in the air....down, horizontally along the street. Each whoosh ending in an incredibly loud bang. Hardly surprising when it is originally meant to detonate X amount of feet in the air.
To intervene would have probably caused me a lot of verbal and bloody nose.The noise was just like bombs going off,very
very loud,my poor old dog Tony was going berserk.

I know the b@st@rds wouldn't have known it, but my neighbour is registered blind. And he telephoned me to ask what the hell was going on outside, as his poor guide dog was a quivering wreck. He had phoned the local Police which automatically put his call through to Blackwood 20 miles away,local station is not manned after 8pm locked with a just outside phone to ring in emergency. There reply to him "Sorry Sir, we are too busy,time of year...blah,blah,blah".sorry my ars#.

Shop bought fireworks are rubbish.......go to a professional display. See some great fireworks in a more suitable environment.
The new 18+ firework law.
Looks like the 18+ law is as toothless as the Licensing Law for booze and cigarettes.Elder siblings or gullible members of the public will do it for them.There is also evidence of White Van Man types offloading illegally imported fireworks around the various town estates around the UK.
I could cope with fireworks when it was one night per year. Then it spread to New Years Eve and I suppose I didn't mind that too much.Unfortunately the council estate just up the road from me.Like things that go bang so much that they seem to get them out at every opportunity. Birthdays, weddings, Friday night and nothings on the TV nights.B@st@rds

IMO fireworks should be banned,except for organised public displays done by professional Pyrotechnic technicians.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2005, 10:06 PM   #2
Atomic

Well said Peter!
Old 27 October 2005, 02:19 AM   #3
----

Well Padi, in this day and age with all those blood sucking lawyers running around (sorry Ed ) I agree it's best for everyone to go to a public display. We live out in the country a bit, and on Canada Day and Victoria Day, we have people in our area lighting off their back yard displays. It's usually small stuff, because that's all that's available to the public here, and most of these people are doing it for their kids, so no horseplay is going on.

As a youngster, when they allowed the fun stuff (fire crackers or bangers as we used to call them) I loved going around blowing things up. But if they allowed those things now I would be afraid there would be a kid like I was in the area, and all hell would break loose........

I found lots of stuff that "blowed up real good" when I was a kid..... (reference for John and any other SCTV fans out there........ ).
Old 27 October 2005, 02:28 AM   #4
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I found lots of stuff that "blowed up real good" when I was a kid..... (reference for John and any other SCTV fans out there........ ).

Yep, he blowed up good.... REAL GOOD! LMAO! But Al, I also blowed up stuff when I was a kid and foolishly, we even had rocket fights in cars, shooting skyrockets or those colourful balls at each other while driving crazy fast through suburban neighborhoods (man, I was a bone-head in my yout).

Public displays are always best.
Old 27 October 2005, 03:02 AM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Yep, he blowed up good.... REAL GOOD! LMAO! But Al, I also blowed up stuff when I was a kid and foolishly, we even had rocket fights in cars, shooting skyrockets or those colourful balls at each other while driving crazy fast through suburban neighborhoods (man, I was a bone-head in my yout).

Public displays are always best.
But you have not lived unless you have tried rectum rockets see link.
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=2146

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 27 October 2005, 03:40 AM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Padi,

You want to see dangerous fireworks and the death and damage they cause each year, then make a trip to Bombay around this time of year during the Hindu Diwali festival.

Diwali, as translated in Hindi, is supposed to be the festival of lights!! More like the festival of bloody NOISE, if you ask me. Ask Suhail about this....he will confirm. So many young kids suffer third degree burns each year due to careless and unsafe handling of fireworks.

The "bombs" are horrendously noisy, the sparklers are dangerous, the "flower pots" which shoot sparks like 15 feet up in the air can be hazardous and the list can go on and on.

You haven't seen real danger and hazard until you've seen Diwali in all its glory and hell!!

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2005, 05:21 PM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Padi,

You want to see dangerous fireworks and the death and damage they cause each year, then make a trip to Bombay around this time of year during the Hindu Diwali festival.

, as translated in Hindi, is supposed to be the festival of lights!! More like the festival of bloody NOISE, if you ask me. Ask Suhail about this....he will confirm. So many young kids suffer third degree burns each year due to careless and unsafe handling of fireworks.

The "bombs" are horrendously noisy, the sparklers are dangerous, the "flower pots" which shoot sparks like 15 feet up in the air can be hazardous and the list can go on and on.

You haven't seen real danger and hazard until you've seen Diwali in all its glory and hell!!

JJ
They have a very similar think in Indonesia cannot remember the name
but a lot of noise and firecrackers.And sent Suhail a Ecard last year for
Diwali.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club