The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 22 September 2019, 03:13 PM   #1
K12123
"TRF" Member

Minute hand moves forward when pulling crown to third position.

I have a Seamaster 300M with the cal. 8800 and just wondering if this is normal. Sometimes, especially when I haven’t worn the watch for a while, when adjusting the time the minute hand jolts forward a little as I pull the crown into the third position. It doesn’t do it every time I set the watch, just occasionally after it’s been sitting dead for a few days. Also, compared to my sub, it appears to be harder to put the crown in the third position. The watch seems to keep pretty good time and have no other complaints otherwise. Thanks!
K12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 08:45 PM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Yeah, operations via the crowns of my Omega watches generally don't feel as solid or precise as they do in my Rolex watches. In fact, my Aqua Terra (caliber 8500) went for warranty service to its crown. I think this is an "area of opportunity" for Omega.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 02:54 AM   #3
Cdaddylutz
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
I have the same watch with no issues at all.
Try standing on one foot and closing one eye when pulling it out.
Cdaddylutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 03:47 AM   #4
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Mechanical tools are always slightly different in fit and function. They will also change a bit depending on state of wind and even where the hands are on the dial.

It is normal to see the hands move when the torque on the drivetrain is changed by pulling the stem out and disengaging/engaging the gears and pinions.

Those who have been immersed in a digital world seem to have a difficult time understanding mechanics, which are charmingly imperfect.
Old 23 September 2019, 06:44 AM   #5
jnewell
"TRF" Member

I have a Rolex GMT Master II (3165) that sometimes does this. I think it's more down to me than the movement, but either way it's been doing this for 12 year, keeps exceptional time and has no apparent issues with the crown.
Old 23 September 2019, 09:09 AM   #6
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Mechanical tools are always slightly different in fit and function. They will also change a bit depending on state of wind and even where the hands are on the dial.

It is normal to see the hands move when the torque on the drivetrain is changed by pulling the stem out and disengaging/engaging the gears and pinions.

Those who have been immersed in a digital world seem to have a difficult time understanding mechanics, which are charmingly imperfect.
This
Old 26 September 2019, 01:57 AM   #7
jnewell
"TRF" Member

Yes - a 3175 movement in particular would drive anyone who didn't really love a mechanical device crazy.