The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 31 October 2019, 04:07 PM   #1
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

SCAMMED for 116500LN In Marketplace - WATCH OUT for Jizzle01

Hey guys, I am wanting to post this to try and save someone from being scammed as I have just been. On Friday the 25th I reached out to a user here (Jizzie001) who had a 116500LN white dial for sale. I have personally bought and sold several watches here on the forums without any issue at all. I have met and dealt with some really cool people who I still talk to today...I’ve learned to trust this marketplace. We spoke Saturday regarding the watch via text and on the phone, negotiated a price that was not at all too good to be true but still a fair deal for both sides. We agreed I would wire the amount Monday morning. Around 4pm Monday he said the funds arrived but were pending and therefore he would ship Tuesday. Tuesday I was told he had something come up at work but definitely would have shipping confirmation Wednesday during lunch time. I provided my own shipping label so I could follow the tracking and of course never got any update from the seller and/or status change on Fedex tracking side. Following this I sent a series of concerned texts with no response. Before purchasing I had obviously checked out the sellers previous posts and offers for sale. There was even a random spot check done by this site on him where he had to post the actual watch with time and paper with his username and date on it...this checked out. I didn’t think to do much additional digging until I had the feeling earlier today that I was being scammed. Sure enough after google searching the phone number without including dashes between the digits (this was the only way anything came up) another user whom I’ve now connected with on WatchUsSeek and who has also posted his story here as well (which I’ll link below) shared his story of being scammed by the same guy for a no date Submariner. My stomach obviously sank and I literally just screamed out loud in anger.

I have been scammed in the past for large sums of money and so I know all the warning signs and all of the things to look for. This guy is good...really good. He is a pledge member here and has built a fairly legitimate post history to go along with his sales he’s offering which he is actively updating to show they’re completed sales with happy customers. I’m not looking for responses regarding should have known better...I’ll leave that to my wife : ) Obviously I can contact the banks, the FBI, local law enforcement, etc...but I know the drill. It’s a “civil” case to them. I willingly sent him money...it’s on me. They’ll document it, it’ll go in a file and maybe if there are enough complaints they’ll bring it to a US Attorney to try and build a case. I think the wire fraud aspect would be hard to prove but there is probably some significant money laundering going on to clean the money from one account to another. Maybe not...but this is a pretty sophisticated fraud this guy and what is most likely a team is pulling.

Everyone please be careful! Whether you have over $20k to lose or not (which I don’t) then it’s a horrible feeling. And not that it is anyone’s fault but mine, but possibility The Rolex Forums could do a better job of vetting its sellers and put stricter rules in place with a possible escrow option or something. Additionally there is a third buyer which I know has been scammed and he is too ashamed to come forward. Had he posted here with details on the scammer, I and possibly others out there could have avoided such a terrible mistake. And ultimately that’s what it is, a terrible mistake on my end of trying to get my hands on something that is essentially unobtainable except on the secondary market. Any advice is appreciated but I just hope this doesn’t happen again and we can get this guy off this platform!

User name: Jizzie001
Sale post: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=701793
Sellers phone number: (619) 678-0537, +1 (619) 678-0537, 619-678-0537, 6196780537
Sellers email: watchpe84@gmail.com
Sellers banking info incase the phone number changes but banking is the same:

Bank name: Wells Fargo
Account Name: Your Resources Program's Incorporated
Routing Number:121042882
Acct number : 2645030038
Bank address: Wells Fargo Bank 902 Main St
Martinez CA 94553
Swift code: WFBIUS6S

Other victims thread: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=700260
pjjames916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 04:31 PM   #2
Gotgolf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Did you call local PD and report this? Maybe they can help you. Provide all the information to them in person.
Gotgolf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 04:44 PM   #3
Hendrikus
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them...
So sorry to hear this. I truly hope this man is caught in due course and spends a lot of time behind bars.
Old 31 October 2019, 04:47 PM   #4
Fire bloke
Banned

Sorry to hear about this You need to contact the Police..surely they can do something you have been conned out of what for some is a years wages...
Fire bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 04:48 PM   #5
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Sorry, the best of luck to you. Buy from DavidSW next time maybe...
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 04:49 PM   #6
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Very sorry to hear of this. Good of you to alert the forum though. Hope it somehow works out for you.
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 04:55 PM   #7
Bigsoftee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD40
Very sorry to hear, hope in you can get the money back.
Bigsoftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 04:58 PM   #8
exador
Banned

Ironic response to a stolen watch post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzie001 View Post
That's terrible, I do hope you get your watch back
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 05:00 PM   #9
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 05:02 PM   #10
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Good god...this guy is sick. That stings...
Old 31 October 2019, 05:11 PM   #11
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
I am sorry to hear this
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 05:19 PM   #12
Wmesallem
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjjames916 View Post
Hey guys, I am wanting to post this to try and save someone from being scammed as I have just been. On Friday the 25th I reached out to a user here (Jizzie01) who had a 116500LN white dial for sale. I have personally bought and sold several watches here on the forums without any issue at all. I have met and dealt with some really cool people who I still talk to today...I’ve learned to trust this marketplace. We spoke Saturday regarding the watch via text and on the phone, negotiated a price that was not at all too good to be true but still a fair deal for both sides. We agreed I would wire the amount Monday morning. Around 4pm Monday he said the funds arrived but were pending and therefore he would ship Tuesday. Tuesday I was told he had something come up at work but definitely would have shipping confirmation Wednesday during lunch time. I provided my own shipping label so I could follow the tracking and of course never got any update from the seller and/or status change on Fedex tracking side. Following this I sent a series of concerned texts with no response. Before purchasing I had obviously checked out the sellers previous posts and offers for sale. There was even a random spot check done by this site on him where he had to post the actual watch with time and paper with his username and date on it...this checked out. I didn’t think to do much additional digging until I had the feeling earlier today that I was being scammed. Sure enough after google searching the phone number without including dashes between the digits (this was the only way anything came up) another user whom I’ve now connected with on WatchUsSeek and who has also posted his story here as well (which I’ll link below) shared his story of being scammed by the same guy for a no date Submariner. My stomach obviously sank and I literally just screamed out loud in anger.

I have been scammed in the past for large sums of money and so I know all the warning signs and all of the things to look for. This guy is good...really good. He is a pledge member here and has built a fairly legitimate post history to go along with his sales he’s offering which he is actively updating to show they’re completed sales with happy customers. I’m not looking for responses regarding should have known better...I’ll leave that to my wife : ) Obviously I can contact the banks, the FBI, local law enforcement, etc...but I know the drill. It’s a “civil” case to them. I willingly sent him money...it’s on me. They’ll document it, it’ll go in a file and maybe if there are enough complaints they’ll bring it to a US Attorney to try and build a case. I think the wire fraud aspect would be hard to prove but there is probably some significant money laundering going on to clean the money from one account to another. Maybe not...but this is a pretty sophisticated fraud this guy and what is most likely a team is pulling.

Everyone please be careful! Whether you have over $20k to lose or not (which I don’t) then it’s a horrible feeling. And not that it is anyone’s fault but mine, but possibility The Rolex Forums could do a better job of vetting its sellers and put stricter rules in place with a possible escrow option or something. Additionally there is a third buyer which I know has been scammed and he is too ashamed to come forward. Had he posted here with details on the scammer, I and possibly others out there could have avoided such a terrible mistake. And ultimately that’s what it is, a terrible mistake on my end of trying to get my hands on something that is essentially unobtainable except on the secondary market. Any advice is appreciated but I just hope this doesn’t happen again and we can get this guy off this platform!

User name: Jizzie001
Sale post: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=701793
Sellers phone number: (619) 678-0537, +1 (619) 678-0537, 619-678-0537, 6196780537
Sellers email: watchpe84@gmail.com
Sellers banking info incase the phone number changes but banking is the same:

Bank name: Wells Fargo
Account Name: Your Resources Program's Incorporated
Routing Number:121042882
Acct number : 2645030038
Bank address: Wells Fargo Bank 902 Main St
Martinez CA 94553
Swift code: WFBIUS6S

Other victims thread: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=700260

I’m sorry to hear you getting scammed. A few things which threw up a red flag from me on your post. The first is the account name. It’s a random Corp name and nothing to do with watches. It’s also not a persons name if it were an individual. The second thing is the city and phone number. The phone number is in San Diego (Southern California) and the address is Martinez (Northern California). The last red flag is the phone number. If you run it through a phone carrier lookup, it shows “Bandwidth CLEC (Sybase)” as the carrier, it’s one of the companies google voice uses.

But your not completely out of luck. I did some research for you and came across some info. I will send it to you through a pm and I hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wmesallem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 05:22 PM   #13
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Ok, have just seen this thread and banned him before he gets anyone else. A big part of stopping these scammers is letting us mods/admin know by reporting posts or sending PMs as soon as you get scammed, rather than making threads about it first.
Old 31 October 2019, 05:23 PM   #14
Wmesallem
"TRF" Member

Pm sent with doc. Hope the info helps. Your choice to share

Wmesallem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 05:30 PM   #15
blada4life
"TRF" Member

i looked him up on here... his name is spelled Jizzie001, not 01. but yea, definitely sneaky... played a long con and had several posts as "sold".

i can understand why someone would fall for this scam, but both of you are in Cali (based on his number), why not push to meet the guy in public for such an expensive purchase. in any case, keep us updated
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 05:36 PM   #16
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
i looked him up on here... his name is spelled Jizzie001, not 01. but yea, definitely sneaky... played a long con and had several posts as "sold".

i can understand why someone would fall for this scam, but both of you are in Cali (based on his number), why not push to meet the guy in public for such an expensive purchase. in any case, keep us updated
Good idea, it is wise to arrange a public handover.
Old 31 October 2019, 05:37 PM   #17
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Ok, have just seen this thread and banned him before he gets anyone else. A big part of stopping these scammers is letting us mods/admin know by reporting posts or sending PMs as soon as you get scammed, rather than making threads about it first.
I hear you...but at least putting the info out there such as phone, email, banking details etc puts it in people’s radar in case they use the same or similar details in the future.
Old 31 October 2019, 06:08 PM   #18
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
I know...can’t sleep.
I hear you. For many people 20k could be the amount if money they are able to save in a year or more of working. For most people having 20k left over after a year of paying a mortgage or rent, other loans, costs of running a household and car is good going. So losing 20k is like a year of work literally gone down the drain. I could not sleep either.

I hope the authorities take the time to deal with this and you recover some money.

On the plus side, hopefully someone will learn something from this and other people can be saved from this fate. How to avoid it?

Deal with an AD. Deal with someone rock solid like DavidSW. Arrange to meet the seller for a handover. Do not use bank transfer unless you are dealing with someone rock solid.
Old 31 October 2019, 06:14 PM   #19
DasKptl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post

Originally Posted by Jizzie001
That's terrible, I do hope you get your watch back

Quote:
Good god...this guy is sick. That stings...

This Jizzie guy sounds like a sociopath.

DasKptl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 06:22 PM   #20
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmesallem View Post
Pm sent with doc. Hope the info helps. Your choice to share

Well done

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 06:24 PM   #21
akilis
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116695SATS
this is making me MAD !!! what a shame on that guy...he is not running away from this
akilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 07:14 PM   #22
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
Sorry to hear this happened to you and I hope the scumbag gets caught. If I were you I'd get in touch with his bank and explain that he's running a wire transfer scam, so at least they might be willing to freeze his account. In the UK there's a Small Claims Court, which enables people to take legal action for up to £10,000 against a firm or individual. Is there such a thing in the US?
Old 31 October 2019, 07:35 PM   #23
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear, I'll reach out to some contacts and see if I can help you.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 07:56 PM   #24
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
I'd probably exercise caution when spending 20K with someone called 'Jizzle'. Certainly wouldn't be wiring it to them. I think it's the Daytona that makes people behave erratically.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 07:59 PM   #25
Rushne
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: White 116500LN
OH man I am so sorry to hear! This is absolutely sickening and hopefully karma catches up with the ass hat. People really do suck :(

Omega: Seamaster Professional 300M 2220.80.00
Rolex: Daytona White Dial 116500LN
Rolex: Sky-Dweller Blue Dial Jubilee 336934
Rolex: DateJust 36 Roman White Dial Oyster 126234
Rolex: OP 36 Celebration Dial 126000
Panerai: PAM 422
Patek Philippe: Aquanaut 5167A
A. Lange & Söhne: 1815 Annual Calendar

@mechanicaltom Stolen: IWC Portuguese 500107 Case number 3853222
Rushne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 08:15 PM   #26
Greg 59
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
Sorry, the best of luck to you. Buy from DavidSW next time maybe...
You didn't need to say that. You're just rubbing his nose in it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 09:10 PM   #27
grnbean
2024 Pledge Member

ugh... this makes me sick...sorry OP. Seriously hoping you recover your $

I saw his listing for that Daytona too and just snooped around his past posts and saw that he had many of the same watches for sale too..also marked sold. The scammers are getting more and more clever!
grnbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 09:17 PM   #28
1665fan
"TRF" Member

I had emailed him a few times also....once he said he was in Cali and would ship the watch I told him no thanks.....cheap price NIB daytona I would have to buy in person...hope this scumbag gets what he deserves
1665fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 09:18 PM   #29
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Maybe a good idea would be to do a reverse search on the images posted if you are suspicious. If they have appeared before on the internet that would be a real concern.

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 09:20 PM   #30
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmesallem View Post
I’m sorry to hear you getting scammed. A few things which threw up a red flag from me on your post. The first is the account name. It’s a random Corp name and nothing to do with watches. It’s also not a persons name if it were an individual. The second thing is the city and phone number. The phone number is in San Diego (Southern California) and the address is Martinez (Northern California). The last red flag is the phone number. If you run it through a phone carrier lookup, it shows “Bandwidth CLEC (Sybase)” as the carrier, it’s one of the companies google voice uses.

But your not completely out of luck. I did some research for you and came across some info. I will send it to you through a pm and I hope it helps.

OP very sorry to hear if this.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote