The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 31 October 2019, 10:13 PM   #31
Tony8959
"TRF" Member

So sorry to hear that this happened to you. Hope you’re able to get this resolved.

I narrowly avoided a similar scam on here with a Daytona, that went as far as it some of the references on here he used had their private messages compromised to give himself legitimacy.

Even if you take all precautions things can still happen.
Tony8959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 10:18 PM   #32
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
So sorry this prick conned you OP,,,
Karma will be a bitch for this scumbag ,,,
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 10:32 PM   #33
healer
"TRF" Member

So sorry to hear this. To many scammers:( not bec someone said sold in there post it does not mean it actually got sold. Face to face I think is the safest and even with that if your new like me I don’t even know if it’s the real thing. Hope you get your money back.
healer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 10:38 PM   #34
jets
"TRF" Member

Sorry bro, that really sucks and I hope that prick gets what's coming to him.
Seiko SLA033 Willard · SKX007
jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 10:39 PM   #35
easebak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610
Poor you, really sorry to hear...

Thanks for flagging him / this issue up.
easebak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 10:57 PM   #36
Madman37
"TRF" Member

What a twat I feel so bad for you and hope you get your money back I hope he gets the ultimate bad luck somewhere down the line
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 11:43 PM   #37
ip20171
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT Master
So sorry to hear this. These scammers are also sending phishing emails ( I got one from Arturo or a similar name) and direct you to a fake rolex forum site in order to capture your user I'd and password. So please watch out.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
ip20171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 11:50 PM   #38
dimag333
"TRF" Member

other forums I frequent do not allow "wire transfer or pp friends and family" as an option on for sale ads, if your in business pay the fees for cc or build it into the price its 2019, hope dude gets cash back somehow

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 12:29 AM   #39
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
I'd probably exercise caution when spending 20K with someone called 'Jizzle'. Certainly wouldn't be wiring it to them. I think it's the Daytona that makes people behave erratically.
Hind site is 20/20...but the same could be said for several other users screen names who are completely legit. I had a buyer reach out to me for a watch a couple years ago named “prestocheetah” and he turned out to be completely legit and a totally nice guy. The user name doesn’t dictate much unless it’s “watchscammer123”.
pjjames916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 12:32 AM   #40
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Sorry to hear, I'll reach out to some contacts and see if I can help you.
I would greatly appreciate it! Anything you can offer would be amazing.
Old 1 November 2019, 12:47 AM   #41
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
So sorry to hear this, don't be too hard on yourself, could have happened to anyone, these scumbags are really good in their work.
If it helps, I have been scammed twice, and after the first time I thought I knew exactly what I was doing and it would never happen again, and it happened a second time. Life goes on.
Thanks for posting it here to help others.
Hope they arrest this scumbag.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Rolextellstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 12:49 AM   #42
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

One user here was kind enough to forward me info he pulled from the Secretary of State website in California for the company “Your Programs Resources, Inc.”. I didn’t even think to do this being that the address he gave for the company was in South Carolina where he claimed to be. They and their officers happen to be in Martinez CA about 70 miles from me. The other interesting bit is that they’re registered with the IRS as a non profit...so they definitely shouldn’t be selling $23,000 Rolex’s...just a guess though. They’ve also been operating in California since 2004 and have tax returns claiming less than $50,000 in gross receipts for the year. Again...fishy. So I’m hopping in the car now and heading down there. Not only do I plan to cruise by the two locations they have but will visit the local PD and file a report and the Wells Fargo branch in Martinez that he gave me as his branch address. At the very minimum I’m thinking I can go after the company for multiple things from a civil perspective but now there is something a little stronger I feel like to go after with law enforcement either at the state or federal level with the company probably acting as some kind of front for whomever is the larger player actually doing the scamming. They’re probably just an accessory to launder the money but they are a corporation with some long term history on paper. Will keep everyone updated...
Old 1 November 2019, 01:10 AM   #43
Joeguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
I think you should delete that post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 01:11 AM   #44
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeguy View Post
I think you should delete that post.

Why?
Old 1 November 2019, 01:12 AM   #45
jlushing
"TRF" Member

I’m in Southern California. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. This really pisses me off.

jlushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 02:50 AM   #46
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjjames916 View Post
One user here was kind enough to forward me info he pulled from the Secretary of State website in California for the company “Your Programs Resources, Inc.”. I didn’t even think to do this being that the address he gave for the company was in South Carolina where he claimed to be. They and their officers happen to be in Martinez CA about 70 miles from me. The other interesting bit is that they’re registered with the IRS as a non profit...so they definitely shouldn’t be selling $23,000 Rolex’s...just a guess though. They’ve also been operating in California since 2004 and have tax returns claiming less than $50,000 in gross receipts for the year. Again...fishy. So I’m hopping in the car now and heading down there. Not only do I plan to cruise by the two locations they have but will visit the local PD and file a report and the Wells Fargo branch in Martinez that he gave me as his branch address. At the very minimum I’m thinking I can go after the company for multiple things from a civil perspective but now there is something a little stronger I feel like to go after with law enforcement either at the state or federal level with the company probably acting as some kind of front for whomever is the larger player actually doing the scamming. They’re probably just an accessory to launder the money but they are a corporation with some long term history on paper. Will keep everyone updated...
I feel for you, terrible and that would make me really sick.
Hope you get him and find a way to let him pay dearly.
I would spend laughingly another 50k just to get him
Old 1 November 2019, 03:00 AM   #47
reddog4063
"TRF" Member

I dont care who you are or how long you've been in business, I'm never wiring anyone a single penny. Either you take paypal or a credit card or ill find someone who does. You are just handing 100% of the control over to an unseen stranger on the internet with zero recourse if things go bad.

**Please note, all of my posts are meant to spark discussion to make the board fun. I do not need advice and consent, I am having fun here**
reddog4063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 03:00 AM   #48
EndlessEight
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Quote:
Why?
Why lay out your course of action for them to begin covering up their trail?
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 03:01 AM   #49
EndlessEight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog4063 View Post
I dont care who you are or how long you've been in business, I'm never wiring anyone a single penny. Either you take paypal or a credit card or ill find someone who does. You are just handing 100% of the control over to an unseen stranger on the internet with zero recourse if things go bad.
I'm of the same mindset. There's no way I would be able to do this.
Old 1 November 2019, 03:08 AM   #50
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post
Why lay out your course of action for them to begin covering up their trail?
There is no doubt that they have already covered their tracks...these guys aren’t small time.
Old 1 November 2019, 03:37 AM   #51
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

You guys are not going to believe this but I just received a call from my bank that the funds came back. I have confirmed they’re in the account and available. Someone was looking out for me here. I don’t have all the details yet but apparently it was rejected on the recipients end. My bank is guessing that there is some kind of fraud lock on their account that made it reject and it just took 72 hours to cycle back. Major lesson learned...I will NEVER wire again!
Old 1 November 2019, 03:45 AM   #52
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
You guys are not going to believe this but I just received a call from my bank that the funds came back. I have confirmed they’re in the account and available. Someone was looking out for me here. I don’t have all the details yet but apparently it was rejected on the recipients end. My bank is guessing that there is some kind of fraud lock on their account that made it reject and it just took 72 hours to cycle back. Major lesson learned...I will NEVER wire again!
BRAVO!!!

I am very happy for you. You just got a free lesson.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 03:52 AM   #53
Wmesallem
"TRF" Member

Quote:

My guess is that the charity and account is legit but someone tried to use it fraudulently. Explains the fraud lock.

I’m happy for you bro. 20k hurts no matter how much money you have or make. Shoot even losing 100 hurts. Congrats getting it resolved.

Wmesallem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 03:53 AM   #54
GSDLover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5205r-010
WOW!! Fantastic!!!
GSDLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 04:07 AM   #55
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Great news. You just dodged a bullet there.

Good luck on the hunt for that watch.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 04:12 AM   #56
Swashplate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Bullet dodged....Great news!!!
Swashplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 04:16 AM   #57
rickc007
"TRF" Member

Wow man, Congrats !!!
REALLY happy for you

Quote:
rickc007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 04:34 AM   #58
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Congrats
Old 1 November 2019, 04:41 AM   #59
mikester
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is AWESOME to hear! great news!
mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 04:48 AM   #60
EndlessEight
2024 Pledge Member

Great news. Lesson learned, the hard way.

Hopefully the others affected by this will find resolution as well.