The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 28 November 2010, 12:44 AM   #31
Sarko
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARDIS View Post
To me this is the best looking 300M SMP. Great photo as well!
Thanks! It was taken with the Iphone
Sarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2010, 12:50 AM   #32
Sarko
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
That's ok, sorry I went off like that. Had a bad day the past few days (well, ok, a bad YEAR lol). I actually understand what your are talking about. I dated a girl once that with almost every purchace she wanted to know what/what I needed said item for. Notice I said she was an EX girlfriend lol
Thats what I meant.

Of course we all should discuss things with our wifes/girlfriends and take the responsibillity as a real man.

But there are boundaries. In a relationship everybody has to be equal and we have to respect and love ecother.

If I want to buy something and the financial situation is OK then my wife shoud support me and be happy for me. And of course this should be vice versa.
Old 28 November 2010, 06:07 AM   #33
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
He wore the 45.5MM PO in the first half of the movie, once they "promoted" him to 00 status (when he went to Montenegro), he wears the blue SMP for the rest of the film :)
Ah, I did not notice the change. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I watch.
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2010, 06:32 AM   #34
colpol
"TRF" Member

Hi there

You mentioned something that will hold its value - I don't think Omega typically seem to hold their value. That's just been my observations of watches for sale.

Resale value aside - the Seamaster is a fantastic watch & I don't use that word lightly

I bought mines in Sydney in '98 while across on holiday & wore it as my one & only for 10 years. I remember I had it in my carry on luggage & must have took it out & looked at the watch about 20 times on the way home.

Still got the full package

I've a rolex SD now & that takes most of my wrist time. I love my SD but I don't think I'll ever get that same rush as buying the SMP

Good luck though whatever you buy !!
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2010, 06:39 AM   #35
StarSovereign
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116710LN
You need to know to save your money and buy a Submariner...just my honest opinion...
StarSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2010, 07:07 AM   #36
WTB007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpol View Post
Hi there

You mentioned something that will hold its value - I don't think Omega typically seem to hold their value. That's just been my observations of watches for sale.

Resale value aside - the Seamaster is a fantastic watch & I don't use that word lightly

I bought mines in Sydney in '98 while across on holiday & wore it as my one & only for 10 years. I remember I had it in my carry on luggage & must have took it out & looked at the watch about 20 times on the way home.

Still got the full package

I've a rolex SD now & that takes most of my wrist time. I love my SD but I don't think I'll ever get that same rush as buying the SMP

Good luck though whatever you buy !!
That is fantastic. Thank you for sharing that. I love the picture of the SMP next to the SD.
WTB007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2010, 11:11 AM   #37
sappie66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSovereign View Post
You need to know to save your money and buy a Submariner...just my honest opinion...
Oh please!

Some of us like Omega because we appreciate Omega design and quality, even though Rolex may be affordable for us. Not all Omega owners are wannabes, despite what certain Rolex owners (not all) want to believe.

BTW, I own both Rolex and Omega and Breitling and others.
sappie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2010, 11:33 AM   #38
wokafu
"TRF" Member

Watch: SM300+14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldragon View Post

I have mine on a mesh.
wow...da tudor looks wayyyyyy better than da omega or da rolex...may i know wat model is da tudor..??
wokafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2010, 01:49 PM   #39
Saxon007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokafu View Post
wow...da tudor looks wayyyyyy better than da omega or da rolex...may i know wat model is da tudor..??
Not my watch but if the hands are original that is a 76100. And it is sharp looking.

Old 29 November 2010, 04:26 PM   #40
vaq129e4

Watch: GMT Master II
The 2531.80 was my first high end watch I bought myself. Loved the laser In goldeneye. They don't hold there value but that is good since you can pick one up used now for about a grand. I have my Rolex GMT II and my dad's PP that share wrist time with it.
vaq129e4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2010, 05:29 PM   #41
dieseldragon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω & ♛
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokafu View Post
Tudor on the left is a 76100, sometimes called a "lollipop", the one on the right side is a 79090 (now sold)
Old 2 December 2010, 03:22 PM   #42
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarko View Post
With all do respect Mike but come on! What kind of self esteem or self respect do you have if you can let someone else forbid you to do something.
If he is buying things while they have for example money problems and his wife says NO then I canreally understand that!

I see this all around me when a woman is trying to control his man and holds him on a leash.

This was not do disrespect the guy but to ask him why he let his wife push him around like that. HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY SOMETHING IF HE LIKES IT AND SHE SHOULD RESPECT THAT AND LOVE AND SUPORT HIS MAN.

My way of reacting was maybe wrong but that won't change the fact that he is loosing his manhood if his wife is deciding for him what to buy or not to buy. That is my honnest opiniON.

If I have insulted someone I want to appologize for that. That was not the goal of this reaction.
Well stated.

Don't be controlled. Don't be managed.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2010, 04:09 PM   #43
MarcBenhc
"TRF" Member

Watch: It ! Move ....
... i want this one !! saw this at South Coast Plaza, OC ...

MarcBenhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2010, 05:14 PM   #44
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
Well stated.

Don't be controlled. Don't be managed.
it isnt like that at all. these things are toys. and i could buy them but choose not to. i just dont want to start an arguement. there are things that are more important that i have to postpone my hobby. like putting up a house. i also realize that expenses will never stop coming but i will get my omega or maybe a sub date C because it will complete my collection.
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2010, 12:34 AM   #45
Sarko
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
it isnt like that at all. these things are toys. and i could buy them but choose not to. i just dont want to start an arguement. there are things that are more important that i have to postpone my hobby. like putting up a house. i also realize that expenses will never stop coming but i will get my omega or maybe a sub date C because it will complete my collection.
If you say so my friend. You know your situation best. I do understand that there are more important things than a watch. In that case you need to take your responsibillity as a man and provide for you family.

I just hate woman who is trying to put a man down and controle him and vice versa.

Man = woman (good)
Man > woman (not good)
Man < woman (not good)
Old 10 December 2010, 12:47 AM   #46
Subexplorer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Interesting Post.

The true first Omega for Bond was a quartz one.

You should rad this link, which I feel you fill find interesting:

http://www.epinions.com/review/Omega...t_215066775172

I own a 2541-80 myself, which I bought brand new in year 2000, during a trip to Aruba.
I have nothing to say against this watch, which has given me a faithful service all these years, including sport Scuba diving with it.

Anyway, I have changed my point of view about quartz watches in the last years, and I greatly prefer mechanical movements in my watches.
The only two quartz watches I like in my collection are this Seamaster and my Rolex Datejust Quartz.
Reliable and accurate as they are, there is "something" which I do not like now in "electric" watches, though it is not a technical or objective thing, just personal feeling.
I´m always expecting the battery to fail in any moment, though the Seamaster has a low battery feature, that makes the seconds hand move different when the battery is going to die.

Here is my own Bond Omega:

50 Years of ROLEX Passion!
Grail Rolex: 5508 c. 1959 "Bond" Sub.
Subexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2010, 03:29 AM   #47
lancelf08

I've had a blue Seamaster since high school and the thing still runs perfectly.
lancelf08 is offline   Reply With Quote