The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 23 June 2018, 06:57 AM   #31
Burlington
"TRF" Member

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/remembe...f-his-watches/

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 07:11 AM   #32
ProdigalGil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DJ II 116334
Have some respect for the best footballer ever on the planet head to head with Pele!

Great people are allowed with the eccentricity and godly status that Maradona holds. Although Swatch stores members are also cultured to do so.

If you are a nobody like 99% of us, wearing 2 watches would be odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProdigalGil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 07:11 AM   #33
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeep View Post
What a maroon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 08:20 AM   #34
holg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
He can do whatever he wants
Exactly, it's a free world.
holg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 11:07 PM   #35
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Diego.... You could be wearing two PPs, or two APs.

Get it straight Diego!

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 12:25 AM   #36
Dynamite_Kid19
"TRF" Member

This is what I think of when I hear his name.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...s-Maradona/amp

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Dynamite_Kid19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 03:38 AM   #37
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
You guys are a tough crowd. Because he has two watches he's a clown, douch, moron, etc etc....
I gotta admit this thread is hilarious though, but come on guys, relax. By the way there are a few others who wear two watches, they're just weird, that's all.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 03:42 AM   #38
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
He'll always find a way to wear two, regardless.
2 GMT’s ....
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 03:57 AM   #39
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

I've also never heard of this person in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
I don’t know who it is but would think that someone of his means would have been introduced to a GMT at some point.
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 04:00 AM   #40
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
You guys are a tough crowd. Because he has two watches he's a clown, douch, moron, etc etc....
I gotta admit this thread is hilarious though, but come on guys, relax. By the way there are a few others who wear two watches, they're just weird, that's all.
buzz aldrin wears 3. If you look closely he has modified a bracelet to make a double watch. He has been to the moon, so he gets a pass

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/bu...atches-at-once
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OMEGA_GC_1733.jpg (173.2 KB, 119 views)
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 04:01 AM   #41
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
It's that with his other actions I think is why people are commenting.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 04:28 AM   #42
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
buzz aldrin wears 3. If you look closely he has modified a bracelet to make a double watch. He has been to the moon, so he gets a pass

Buzz's hands look like that of a sage priest commanding respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
It's that with his other actions I think is why people are commenting.
I can understand really. But I always find it funny people are so judgmental. This is all about watches to me, we are here for watches not personal lives, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be world famous where everything is judged but so easy to be normal and ambiguous where no one know who you are or your life.
It's just watches and a person who wears two...what watches are they is what I'm more curious about.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 04:33 AM   #43
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:

Buzz is a badass.

Imagine if those speedys are ever sold!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 04:37 AM   #44
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:

Buzz went to the moon, the other guy just kicked a ball.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 06:31 AM   #45
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalGil View Post
Have some respect for the best footballer ever on the planet head to head with Pele!

Great people are allowed with the eccentricity and godly status that Maradona holds. Although Swatch stores members are also cultured to do so.

If you are a nobody like 99% of us, wearing 2 watches would be odd.

Agree. However, regarding the underlined part, that depends on your definition of head to head. Maradona won one World Cup in 1986 and Pele won three (1958, 1962 and 1970). If you count the number of goals, Maradona scored 365 and Pele scored 1283 in his career. That doesn't seem like a fair comparison to me.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 06:35 AM   #46
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Buzz went to the moon, the other guy just kicked a ball.
C'mon Bas.. sounds like he went to the moon by himself. The other guy has his merits on his profession too.
Old 25 June 2018, 06:38 AM   #47
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
C'mon Bas.. sounds like he went to the moon by himself. The other guy has his merits on his profession too.
Surely, I bet he was the best of the best. (I know absolutely nothing about football, sorry) But I still think that going to the moon is about as impressive as it can possibly get.

As for wearing two watches, both of them look rather odd, despite of who they are.

SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 06:50 AM   #48
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Surely, I bet he was the best of the best. (I know absolutely nothing about football, sorry) But I still think that going to the moon is about as impressive as it can possibly get.

As for wearing two watches, both of them look rather odd, despite of who they are.

Not the best by any means but a very important player. As for wearing two watches, when at home I wear two sometimes to keep them ready to rotate for work. Outdoors it looks out of place for sure and I'd never do that but I'm just an ordinary guy.
Old 25 June 2018, 10:59 AM   #49
ProdigalGil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree. However, regarding the underlined part, that depends on your definition of head to head. Maradona won one World Cup in 1986 and Pele won three (1958, 1962 and 1970). If you count the number of goals, Maradona scored 365 and Pele scored 1283 in his career. That doesn't seem like a fair comparison to me.

I don’t denied the stats head to head, but I always say Pele cannot be compared to just because of the detachment to the era of football he was in. I say in Morden football, the last 30 years or so, it’s Maradona, and Pele in the earlier golden era,p.

Maradona did more for his country as an individual, influencing big games in the World Cup, imo, because, in the older era, Brazil were just on another planet, with Rivelino, Zein Maria and many off the chart footballer, much like the Hungarians in the 50s.

In this Morden era, the best are like likes of Kruyff, Van Basten, Zidane, Henry, to Ronaldo & Messi. In the Morden era, Maradona is still king.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 25 June 2018, 10:04 PM   #50
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t denied the stats head to head, but I always say Pele cannot be compared to just because of the detachment to the era of football he was in. I say in Morden football, the last 30 years or so, it’s Maradona, and Pele in the earlier golden era,p.

Maradona did more for his country as an individual, influencing big games in the World Cup, imo, because, in the older era, Brazil were just on another planet, with Rivelino, Zein Maria and many off the chart footballer, much like the Hungarians in the 50s.

In this Morden era, the best are like likes of Kruyff, Van Basten, Zidane, Henry, to Ronaldo & Messi. In the Morden era, Maradona is still king.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I get where you're coming from, but I have a different view. IMHO there's no modern era or golden era, just the same game athletes play the same way. Argentina won the 1978 World Cup (with a very suspicious 5x0 against Peru but that's another story) without Maradona so he was not a turning point in the sport for his country. He was 17 and the coach thought he was too young, but at the same age Pele was world champion. I like this discussion because some people try to put both in the same 'league' and there's no argument for that, but my nephew is ten and he thinks Messi is the greatest player of all time so that's how it is. It's a nice discussion anyway and there are countless fantastic players all over the world. That's what makes football great. As far as personality goes I admire the life story of George Best. Unfortunately I only saw him playing in documentaries, but his life was really interesting and I love the quote "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds [women] and fast cars – the rest I just squandered".
Old 25 June 2018, 11:30 PM   #51
Star Ferry
Banned

I think we should be more tolerant of (harmless) eccentricity from everyone, not just celebrities
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 07:05 AM   #52
Ssunnylee24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
No respect for this clown
Ssunnylee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 07:35 AM   #53
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
saw a gentlemen in a 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster with two watches at a stop light last month. I think he was looking for some happy ending :)
LOL, this got me. Nice one. Staff looking in my office because I am laughing so loud.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 09:40 PM   #54
MonsterSS
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126613LB
lol!!!
MonsterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 10:34 PM   #55
ProdigalGil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I get where you're coming from, but I have a different view. IMHO there's no modern era or golden era, just the same game athletes play the same way. Argentina won the 1978 World Cup (with a very suspicious 5x0 against Peru but that's another story) without Maradona so he was not a turning point in the sport for his country. He was 17 and the coach thought he was too young, but at the same age Pele was world champion. I like this discussion because some people try to put both in the same 'league' and there's no argument for that, but my nephew is ten and he thinks Messi is the greatest player of all time so that's how it is. It's a nice discussion anyway and there are countless fantastic players all over the world. That's what makes football great. As far as personality goes I admire the life story of George Best. Unfortunately I only saw him playing in documentaries, but his life was really interesting and I love the quote "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds [women] and fast cars – the rest I just squandered".

Those into football properly indeed will not put players in the same league. I see players comparison over just stats since the period of football is important with technology, training technicals, nutrition advancement, improved technical strategy and many more factors in play. That is the reason I separate the Morden and golden era.

For example, if I recall correctly, the Hungarian team invented wing back system with 5 upfront and they had a ridiculous unbeaten run.

Beside the era, I would also say that Maradona has more influence at club level where the factor of playing for Napoli and Barcelona in top European clubs. Again, in Pele’s period, it was not as Morden era to have foreign players and so he stayed at Santos for a long time.

European clubs are a cut above other continental clubs, hence it would be difficult to compare the 2 players of different times.

As for George Best, I of course being British would support the likes of Bobby Moore and Jack Charlton and Lineker. Best reminds of good old Charlie Nicolas aka champagne Charlie!

Old 26 June 2018, 11:35 PM   #56
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Those into football properly indeed will not put players in the same league. I see players comparison over just stats since the period of football is important with technology, training technicals, nutrition advancement, improved technical strategy and many more factors in play. That is the reason I separate the Morden and golden era.

For example, if I recall correctly, the Hungarian team invented wing back system with 5 upfront and they had a ridiculous unbeaten run.

Beside the era, I would also say that Maradona has more influence at club level where the factor of playing for Napoli and Barcelona in top European clubs. Again, in Pele’s period, it was not as Morden era to have foreign players and so he stayed at Santos for a long time.

European clubs are a cut above other continental clubs, hence it would be difficult to compare the 2 players of different times.

As for George Best, I of course being British would support the likes of Bobby Moore and Jack Charlton and Lineker. Best reminds of good old Charlie Nicolas aka champagne Charlie!

Nice post. Makes a lot of sense what you're saying. I remember Pele on Cosmos in the US when I was a kid, something that was revolutionary in terms of salary for a football player at that time, but those were the last years of his career and I see it more like exibition years than a true professional dispute with a solid championship. Forty years ago he played his last game in Giants Stadium, New Jersey, against Santos, and he brought together his first and last club in that moment. I'm glad that I was able to see so many great players over the years. I'm a football fan. Not as I used to be when I was younger but still a fan.
Old 26 June 2018, 11:43 PM   #57
jezza17
"TRF" Member

Watch: DRSD
Ha. That guy always wears two watches. Trademark.
jezza17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 11:53 PM   #58
Cp827
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well said
Cp827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2018, 01:35 AM   #59
Castlesinthesky
"TRF" Member

Watch: a few :)
Sorry but this is all I think of when I hear his name.....

2346590_full-lnd.jpg
Castlesinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2018, 02:33 AM   #60
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlesinthesky View Post
Sorry but this is all I think of when I hear his name.....

Attachment 962515
Yeah, I can't believe he got away with that. Not only should have been a red card for intentional hand ball but they won the game on this. If I remember it was to win the World Cup. Look at that photo! The ball is a foot over his head, it's not even close. Too bad they didn't have VAR back then.

I think of Maradona in the same line as Mike Tyson. Two of the greatest who pretty much ruined it all with terrible decisions in their personal lives that in turn ruined their professional lives. More tragic than anything. And in the OP's photo he's smoking a cigar in a no smoking stadium, shows the kind of respect he has for others in comparison to his single minded interest in making himself happy. At the same time, who would have ever thought there would be a "no smoking" anything in Russia?
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote