The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 October 2018, 04:35 AM   #991
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
What defines a luxury item? Brand or Price? Price because of brand?
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2018, 10:03 AM   #992
thedak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Can you have it in a airplane?
The "tool" portion is not TSA compliant.

That part can be removed.
thedak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 05:51 AM   #993
ct.matt
"TRF" Member

I've emailed Faure Le Page Paris from two separate email accounts over the last 10 days trying to place an order with no response. Once in French, once in English. Has anyone had any luck getting them to respond to an email in the recent past?
ct.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 06:01 AM   #994
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct.matt View Post
I've emailed Faure Le Page Paris from two separate email accounts over the last 10 days trying to place an order with no response. Once in French, once in English. Has anyone had any luck getting them to respond to an email in the recent past?
Contact the Boutique, not the Lafayette Galleries. Louise is whom I dealt with and was super quick to reply. Also note the time difference and figure that into reply times etc
City74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 06:28 AM   #995
ct.matt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by City74 View Post
Contact the Boutique, not the Lafayette Galleries. Louise is whom I dealt with and was super quick to reply. Also note the time difference and figure that into reply times etc
Yeah, I emailed the boutique twice. 10 days ago and 5 days ago, respectively. From separate accounts. Didn't receive a response to either email
Old 25 October 2018, 07:09 AM   #996
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct.matt View Post
Yeah, I emailed the boutique twice. 10 days ago and 5 days ago, respectively. From separate accounts. Didn't receive a response to either email
Go to page 2 post 32 of this thread full explanation and contact info to order , I have nothing but great things to say about Faure le Page ,Louise is who I emailed back and forth with
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 07:23 AM   #997
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe&Harley View Post
Go to page 2 post 32 of this thread full explanation and contact info to order , I have nothing but great things to say about Faure let Page ,Louise is who I emailed back and forth with
Louise is the best
City74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 07:59 AM   #998
ct.matt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Go to page 2 post 32 of this thread full explanation and contact info to order , I have nothing but great things to say about Faure let Page ,Louise is who I emailed back and forth with
Thanks, I added my complete address and the request for the catalog and sent off another email.
Old 25 October 2018, 08:12 AM   #999
Shaun5
"TRF" Member

I haven’t received a response back either..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Shaun5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2018, 02:09 PM   #1000
ct.matt
"TRF" Member

Maybe Louise is the only one responding to emails at their store and he could be out on a 6-week European vacation. (jealous if true)
Old 27 October 2018, 01:16 AM   #1001
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I don't think much to the after sales from LV, I have had one of their Marco wallets for over four years, the glue has come away from the edging on one side, I was in Leeds so took it into their shop to get repaired. It is a small job and I could have got it done elsewhere. But I was willing to pay a nominal, if high price of about £20 or £30.

When I explained the problem to the salesperson, he said, "LV don't use glue, we stitch everything," I pointed out that one could still see the glue used. They couldn't quote a price for me there and then but would phone me when they get word back from France.

Four weeks went by and I received a phone call, the price? £70, I refused to pay, I said that is a ridiculous price for the amount of work needed, to be honest, I half expected the craftsman to run a line of glue around it, press it down and send it back, no charge, but, as I said before, I was willing to pay, but this was just a ridiculous price. (Wallet price now £430)

I asked that the wallet could be posted to me, he replied that they couldn't do that because it had to be returned to Leeds so that he could inspect it to see that it was "perfect," I pointed out that even from here, I knew that it wouldn't be perfect because it was already damaged and I refused to pay the price they asked for repair and that it would involve a 2 hour round trip for me. But, if that was their way, that's what I would do.

I e mailed LV and complained, they e mailed back and said they couldn't help but would talk to the Leeds store. The wallet was left on my doorstep this morning. I will take it to the local shoe repairers, should cost about £5 or put something in the charity box. I'll let you know.

It has come loose just down the length of that edge.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2018, 01:49 AM   #1002
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
I don't think much to the after sales from LV, I have had one of their Marco wallets for over four years, the glue has come away from the edging on one side, I was in Leeds so took it into their shop to get repaired. It is a small job and I could have got it done elsewhere. But I was willing to pay a nominal, if high price of about £20 or £30.

When I explained the problem to the salesperson, he said, "LV don't use glue, we stitch everything," I pointed out that one could still see the glue used. They couldn't quote a price for me there and then but would phone me when they get word back from France.

Four weeks went by and I received a phone call, the price? £70, I refused to pay, I said that is a ridiculous price for the amount of work needed, to be honest, I half expected the craftsman to run a line of glue around it, press it down and send it back, no charge, but, as I said before, I was willing to pay, but this was just a ridiculous price. (Wallet price now £430)

I asked that the wallet could be posted to me, he replied that they couldn't do that because it had to be returned to Leeds so that he could inspect it to see that it was "perfect," I pointed out that even from here, I knew that it wouldn't be perfect because it was already damaged and I refused to pay the price they asked for repair and that it would involve a 2 hour round trip for me. But, if that was their way, that's what I would do.

I e mailed LV and complained, they e mailed back and said they couldn't help but would talk to the Leeds store. The wallet was left on my doorstep this morning. I will take it to the local shoe repairers, should cost about £5 or put something in the charity box. I'll let you know.

It has come loose just down the length of that edge.

Wow, given that I am still considering an LV Epi wallet/organizer, this is disappointing to read. One thing you expect with "luxury" products, priced with nice, fat margins, is great followup service if needed and no nickel and dimeing of owners experiencing quality issues.
Old 27 October 2018, 01:58 AM   #1003
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Wow, given that I am still considering an LV Epi wallet/organizer, this is disappointing to read. One thing you expect with "luxury" products, priced with nice, fat margins, is great followup service if needed and no nickel and dimeing of owners experiencing quality issues.
In fairness, I have had it a long time and it has probably not been stored in the most ideal of conditions (in a draw), so I wasn't worried about the quality so much, it was just the price they quoted. (I like your "nickel and dime" comment, wish we had something similar over here).

DAVE

Old 27 October 2018, 03:32 AM   #1004
R!$
Banned

You're right about LV but how can you say Goyard is common?
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2018, 11:26 PM   #1005
daveathall
"TRF" Member

I took it to Timpson's this morning, he asked me to go for a coffee to give the glue time to "go off," it cost me £3, I put the £2 change in the charity box.

DAVE

Old 29 October 2018, 11:50 PM   #1006
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
I took it to Timpson's this morning, he asked me to go for a coffee to give the glue time to "go off," it cost me £3, I put the £2 change in the charity box.

That's more like it!
Old 4 November 2018, 01:26 AM   #1007
ct.matt
"TRF" Member

They got back to me this week and I was assisted by Anais who very promptly responded to my emails. I used Google translate for French and pretty sure I sounded like an idiot to somebody who actually reads and speaks French.

Within two days I had paid for the card wallet and it's en route from Paris. 55 euros shipping though for something that fits into a letter envelope ughh

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 4 November 2018, 01:38 AM   #1008
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Post some pics when it arrives and yes the shipping hurts a little
Old 4 November 2018, 02:37 AM   #1009
redsubby
"TRF" Member

Question: Are all Faure Le Page products French made? Can't seem to find it on my wallet.
redsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 04:34 AM   #1010
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsubby View Post
Question: Are all Faure Le Page products French made? Can't seem to find it on my wallet.
Are you looking for made in France ?
Old 4 November 2018, 05:32 PM   #1011
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsubby View Post
As far as i know, no, someone asked them a while a go, maybe it was Spain?

Remember, the reboot of the brand took place just a few years ago, they were basically defunct for many years and someone bought the name and started this business.
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 12:16 AM   #1012
redsubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Are you looking for made in France ?
I already bought mine, but not sure where it's made because I can't find it.
Old 5 November 2018, 12:19 AM   #1013
redsubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
As far as i know, no, someone asked them a while a go, maybe it was Spain?

Remember, the reboot of the brand took place just a few years ago, they were basically defunct for many years and someone bought the name and started this business.
This is my wallet, do you know where the location is printed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S__23060483.jpg (193.1 KB, 744 views)
Old 10 November 2018, 10:42 AM   #1014
ct.matt
"TRF" Member

Received my card wallet on Monday! With a handwritten card from lovely Anais sent from Paris with love.
Appears very well made, I'm a fan!
Old 11 November 2018, 05:51 AM   #1015
austinp
"TRF" Member

Edit
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 05:39 PM   #1016
whiteman
"TRF" Member

After a bit of guidance from those more experienced than me!

I'm on holidays at the moment and thinking of picking up an LV Pocket Organiser. Although I have no idea whether to go for canvas or Epi leather.

Looking at these two models in particular, but really unsure how well the printed canvas print/logos/pictures will hold up over time, especially when compared to the Epi leather. Worried they'll rub off after 6 months and look terrible!

What's everyone's thoughts? The printed canvas or Epi leather, or even the Faure Le Page for longer term durability?

whiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 05:52 PM   #1017
importstunna
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteman View Post
After a bit of guidance from those more experienced than me!

I'm on holidays at the moment and thinking of picking up an LV Pocket Organiser. Although I have no idea whether to go for canvas or Epi leather.

Looking at these two models in particular, but really unsure how well the printed canvas print/logos/pictures will hold up over time, especially when compared to the Epi leather. Worried they'll rub off after 6 months and look terrible!

What's everyone's thoughts? The printed canvas or Epi leather, or even the Faure Le Page for longer term durability?

I have been using the same exact Epi leather one you have pictured here, and it's held up quite nicely over the past 3+ years. Epi looks even better when it's aged a little IMO.
importstunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 07:46 PM   #1018
Evoss
"TRF" Member

Very very nice, a good alternative.
Evoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2018, 06:51 AM   #1019
sierra11b
"TRF" Member

Watch: MkXVIII, 3570.50
Are there any quality USA makers? Custom even for $$$?

I currently use R.M. Williams in brown Roo my Oz buddy got me for Christmas many years ago and still going strong even with a clear ID display which usually blows-out, and have very rugged saddleback leather wallet which could last until rapture, but it's a tad cumbersome.
sierra11b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2018, 07:28 AM   #1020
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra11b View Post
Are there any quality USA makers? Custom even for $$$?

I currently use R.M. Williams in brown Roo my Oz buddy got me for Christmas many years ago and still going strong even with a clear ID display which usually blows-out, and have very rugged saddleback leather wallet which could last until rapture, but it's a tad cumbersome.

https://ashlandleather.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote