The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 13 August 2017, 12:51 AM   #31
CGarza9655
"TRF" Member

Watch: OmegaRolexPanerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow-dweller View Post
andy, surely chrono24 could contact the victims and ask if they would like to waive their privacy to be put in touch with other victims?
+1
CGarza9655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2017, 03:35 AM   #32
PrivateJ
"TRF" Member

I repeat for everybody who has been scammed:

Contact the campany named Oddcoll -> it's a debt collecter company, Chris and I have open a claim against JFK and i'ts probably our best chance to get our money back.

Go on Oddcoll website (https://oddcoll.com/), open the chat and explain that you want to open a claim against JFK, they will create an account for you and explain all the process.

@Petr, i want to call Stefane russo of Florence Police -> give us the direct call number please ?

@oberstklink -> are you the christoph that send me en email ? because you have a different email address here ?

@JJJS -> contact me at pj.dubo@free.fr

@Andy_Chrono24 -> i have ask several time Lea Guerin from Chrono24 to get in touch with all the buyers who's have been scammed (with their permission of course), but seems impossible.
Moreover, i'm quite fed up with chrono24 attitude toward the situation here, no help at all and no actions taken as i know for the moment.

Just to warn you if you are truly from Chrono24, my wife who s a international commercial right lawyer is looking in every details to put a claim against you because as you are not responsible for the buying/selling on your website, your are in some point responsible of the pro buyers you put on your website and you should take real legal actions -> In fact i have an email from you that said JFK is a trusted seller and legit from you perspective !
PrivateJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2017, 06:48 AM   #33
chris duggan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3418
Alessandro camelli from florence facebook page is also gone , i do have his pictures if any 1 needs them ..
chris duggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2017, 06:51 AM   #34
JJJS
"TRF" Member

Andy,

I have been googling and it appears that your site is frequently hosting fraudulent sellers.

Being used to sites as ebay, you create certain expectations with qualifications as “trusted seller” which in reality you hardly check or, as I understand, you can even buy from you. The result is that I saw many stories of people being scammed by your site.

The sad thing is, that they all complained about the lack of support and passive attitude of chrono24. Concluding that you seemed to worry more about having your sellers than satisfying the customers...

All in all, very misleading and disappointing. When i am back home i will accordingly also see whether i can take any measures against you and your site as you are putting people on the wrong footage by referring to trusted sellers, whilst in reality you create an environment where fraud can easily flourish....
JJJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2017, 06:54 AM   #35
JJJS
"TRF" Member

Chris,

You have my email. Please send me all info and lets get united. Hate to be screwed by a cou0le of itilians, so want to go after them. This is all too easy.
Old 13 August 2017, 07:12 AM   #36
JJJS
"TRF" Member

Petr,

What is email or other contact details of Mr Russo? I sent various mails to the Italian police, but all remained unanswered.
Old 13 August 2017, 08:24 AM   #37
PrivateJ
"TRF" Member

Hi friends,

Chris and i got a claim open on a debt company against JFK, you need to join us and open a case too.
Email me and i will give you the info needed, it's very simple.

@Petr -> what's the email or the phone number of Mr Russo ? i would like to give him a call.

@JJJS -> what's your email ? We need to get in touch as quick as possible.
I want to open a claim against Chrono24 too, it's far too easy to label "trusted" sellers and get away like this !

@oberstklink -> Are you the Christoph that has made contact with me by email ? Because you got a different email address.

@Chris -> i think we need to get in contact via email in a common message with Petr,JJJS and Christoph, because A.Camelli and S.Celli have seen this page fore sure. Like you said, A.Camelli's facebook page has disappear but he post some vids/pics just yesterday and the day before !
JFK's guys if you read this, i suggest us to give back the money before too much people take legal actions against you...

Waiting to read from you soon
PrivateJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2017, 10:44 PM   #38
JJJS
"TRF" Member

My email is jeffsluijter@mac.com

Good idea to continue in a private group to discuss the measures we will take

Can somebody post the pictures of Celli and Carmelli? Cant we do public naming and shaming as well?
Old 14 August 2017, 01:29 AM   #39
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Chrono24 View Post
I understand your dissatisfaction however we can't give you the contact information of other users due to privacy reasons. Hope you understand and support this.
Nevertheless, we highly distance ourselves from methods like these and will do everything possible to help you and other victims.
So chrono24 does nothing to help the victims ... what a joke
Old 14 August 2017, 06:03 AM   #40
oberstklink
"TRF" Member

@privatej yes dear chr.xxxxxxxel@googlemail.com is my second email adress

Thank you so much for all. There is a little bit hope
oberstklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2017, 06:40 AM   #41
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
So chrono24 does nothing to help the victims ... what a joke
Why would you be shocked by this....

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2017, 03:19 PM   #42
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
When i used chrino24 I did a huge search on the sellers, and the only Italian I biught from had outstanding rep, but I did ask him to bring the 5726 to Paris for a few bucks, which he did
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2017, 06:26 PM   #43
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Why would you be shocked by this....
I find it a bit hard to swallow that chrono24 in a way is facilitating scammers by doing basically nothing to stop them.
Really a very misleading website with everybody being a trusted seller, it should be shut down imho.
In comparison at least eBay is taking all kind of action against scammers.

Many more people will become a victim I fear.

But of course it is the business model that counts, sellers pay them, what you'd expect
Old 15 August 2017, 08:41 AM   #44
BigJer
"TRF" Member

How do you lose money on a deal with Chrono 24? I thought the money was held in escrow until the buyer was satisfied with his purchase? I was considering an Italian watch purchase, but probably not now.
BigJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2017, 03:49 PM   #45
rolehex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
How do you lose money on a deal with Chrono 24? I thought the money was held in escrow until the buyer was satisfied with his purchase?
This I would like to know as well.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2017, 04:52 PM   #46
chris duggan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3418
photos of aleesandro cameili

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJS View Post
My email is jeffsluijter@mac.com

Good idea to continue in a private group to discuss the measures we will take

Can somebody post the pictures of Celli and Carmelli? Cant we do public naming and shaming as well?
hi there just sent you a mial with photos
thanks chris
chris duggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2017, 05:41 PM   #47
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
How do you lose money on a deal with Chrono 24? I thought the money was held in escrow until the buyer was satisfied with his purchase? I was considering an Italian watch purchase, but probably not now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolehex View Post
How can it be held in escrow when you send it directly to the seller/scammer?

When something goes wrong in a deal you actually have a better chance with E-bay to recoup your money.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2017, 08:50 PM   #48
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolehex View Post
Chrono24 is an aggregator. They provide a platform for sellers, but aren't a participant in your sale (not at all like eBay). The limit of their enforcement is to ban a seller and tell you how badly they feel that you were scammed.

The site is great for finding sellers, but you need to investigate thoroughly on your own to protect yourself. I found a good seller there and researched him in the Who's Who here before buying the watch directly from his online catalogue.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2017, 12:22 AM   #49
Andy_Chrono24
"TRF" Member

Hi,
sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, the dealer hasn’t replied to all our communication we did in the last days.
We also discussed the different options internally. Again, we can just encourage you to go to the police. If we have an official request from the police we can help you. We already get one from the German police and will give them all information they need.

Additionally we will give all of the victims an update and also ask for the permission to connect you.

Of course, we are checking all our dealers when they sign up to Chrono24 and there was nothing strange with this dealer and we had good experiences in the last months. Unfortunately this changed suddenly in the last days. We blocked his account as soon as possible and got in contact with all possible victims.

Quote:
Regarding these cases, they aren’t done via our escrow service. So in this case we are merely the platform who bring together the dealer and the buyer. If you want to be 100% safe use Trusted Checkout (our escow service) on Chrono24.

If you have questions please let me know.

Best,
Andy – Chrono24
Andy_Chrono24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2017, 01:44 AM   #50
JJJS
"TRF" Member

Agree, but than their site should just say that. We are only an aggregator. Now they sell it as whether they do a lot to ascertain the reliability of their sellers, which in practice they dont. And this is exactly the issue: i would never buy a watch from an unknown person, but relied on chrono’s24 “trusted seller” label. In this case, the seller even did not meet the 6 months trial period....problem is that i also dont buy watches on a daily basis, so have more experience with an ebay than with chrono24. I did some research now and it appears that a lot of scamming takes place via their site. They pretend to add reliability to a seller, which they dont, and fraudulent sellers take opportunity of that. So by claiming reliability, they actually faciltate fraud
Old 16 August 2017, 03:41 AM   #51
oberstklink
"TRF" Member

So I started a claim at oddcoll too. Thanks for advice. One more question. Does anyone got a email directly from jfknolimitswatches? So we could find out his ip adress. I only got mails over his account by chrono24
oberstklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2017, 09:39 PM   #52
Denizz
"TRF" Member

I have been also scammed by JFK. I am from Germany. I bought a Submariner, paid and got nothing.
I already reported to the local Police.

Would welcome any information you have.
My Email adresss is oedeniz@gmx.de.

Which Info i need to create an account at Oddcoll.
Denizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2017, 01:46 AM   #53
JJJS
"TRF" Member

Andy,

I find it unacceptable that you do not take any measures other than trying to contact the seller and than say "I am sorry, he didn't react" and that is it.

I think you should care the same for your Buyers as you are concerned about your Sellers. You are as a platform "selling" trust to Buyers, but in reality you do not seem to do much.

Why are you not taking any (legal) measures against this fraudulent Seller to help us? I am trying to launch charges with the police, but the Dutch police wont do anything as he is Italian and the Italian police is not reacting at all. Guess my fellow Buyers are going through the same frustrating motions...Why don't you give his details to us to support us? Offcourse, you can claim it on privacy and so on, but look how many people have been scammed, since they relied on the assurance your site was giving about this Seller.

I think if you care about your Buyers, and care about the reputation of your platform, you really ought to do more than you are currently doing.

Let us know.
Old 4 September 2017, 09:52 PM   #54
Petr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote]
Petr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2017, 05:14 AM   #55
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Chrono24 is an aggregator. They provide a platform for sellers, but aren't a participant in your sale (not at all like eBay). The limit of their enforcement is to ban a seller and tell you how badly they feel that you were scammed.
Sounds basically like an internet version of buying a watch in the parking lot out of the trunk of some random guy's car.

No one would do that, why they use an internet "platform" to do the same thing is mad.

Pass... unless you can independently verify the seller, but even then, its a big risk.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2017, 08:25 AM   #56
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
Sounds basically like an internet version of buying a watch in the parking lot out of the trunk of some random guy's car.

No one would do that, why they use an internet "platform" to do the same thing is mad.

Pass... unless you can independently verify the seller, but even then, its a big risk.
There are reputable sellers on Chrono24 (Govberg, for example). The site is useful for window shopping and gauging the value of the watch you seek, while saving you some google time. But as you said, you have to thoroughly investigate any seller that catches your eye.

I was able to independently verify a seller using the who's who section on TRF, and buy at a price better than I could find in the for sale forum.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2017, 01:54 AM   #57
Petr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
[QUOTE=Petr;7824940]I send all the information to the police of italiaTE]
Petr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2017, 03:32 AM   #58
Beowulf
"TRF" Member

Man, these threads are always heartbreaking, especially for people who are just starting and were genuinely doing their best to make a wise purchase. Hope you all get it sorted out.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2017, 07:43 PM   #59
Bob the brush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016 Explorer.
I often look at Chrono 24 to see if what I'm looking for is out there, but never again. I will only buy from trusted sellers on TRF now, I work hard for my money, and save up for what I want, it would be heartbreaking to be scammed out of my savings, with no come back. Best of luck to all that have lost money, be dogged and keep going by what ever means you can, to get these low life scammers bought to justice.
Bob the brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2017, 06:33 PM   #60
hm yspertal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the brush View Post
I often look at Chrono 24 to see if what I'm looking for is out there, but never again. I will only buy from trusted sellers on TRF now, I work hard for my money, and save up for what I want, it would be heartbreaking to be scammed out of my savings, with no come back. Best of luck to all that have lost money, be dogged and keep going by what ever means you can, to get these low life scammers bought to justice.
hello,

i am trusted premium seller by chrono24 in germany.
my company name is: hm-exclusive-watches
6 month ago i bought 2 rolex watches from JfK and all was okay.
now some weeks ago i also bougt a rolex daytona ref. 116520 and untill now no delivery from watch.
payment was wire transfer to him and my bank could not bring back money, because no answer from italy bank to my bank.
i made information to chrono24 but they can not do for me.
also i was at police and made complaint, but no information untill now.
i think we must organize and take back our money!
my info is that 10 people have not got their watches.
also one watch dealer in near of frankfurt.
br
heinrich
hm yspertal is offline   Reply With Quote