The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 September 2020, 08:07 AM   #91
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimag333 View Post
My wife really likes the gle, any opinions on 350 vs 450?

steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
New GLE is a winner for sure.
Always go for more power if you can swing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnceofpersia23 View Post
Try the 350, you'll be surprised. Torque curve makes it more than suitable for daily driving around town. I had no issues with a car full of passengers+luggage.

On the other hand, the 450 is only $5K more for ~100 more hp/tq. Careful though, that option sheet adds up fast.

Drive both and decide for yourself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
GLE wins the category hands down at that price point - the 350 is surprising power wise. In the $60's there's nothing better.

3rd row - tough one - I wouldn't consider it for daily use - more like jump seats for kids when in a jam.

If you plan on using the 3rd row often I'd go with the GLS or X7.

New 2021 Escalade is ridiculous - had the chance to tinker around with one the other day and this is going to be the class leader by far.
Ill weigh in again on 350... Im a big power guy with my cars however for my needs (I bought SUV for biking, tow hitch maybe for jet skis or boat down line) and the 350 goes... the throttle mapping and torque curve as mentioned has so much fast response, merging onto highway is a breeze!

I have the non adaptive suspension and i love it, I think its pretty smooth but also doesn't have that airmattic wallow or bottom out effect in comfort

My car was 67k with pano room, high end burmester, ambient, tech packages, 21 inch wheels with the nice fenders, running boards tow hitch etc

It drive so beautifully, it feels more nimble than my s550 cabriolet lol

Also when i bought it 2 months ago there were literally 0 options, I lost out on 4 cars in 4 straight days as its been the hottest mercedes seller... I didn't drive 450 so not sure how it feels but im sure more power is nice, however i just like the more relaxed/smooth ride of the 350 and have my monster cars when I want that... its nice to relax

Only option I wish I had gotten is the amg appearance pack, however, there weren't any avail ! But i love the athletic look with the widened fenders, offset of the 21 inch wheels and running boards... reminds me of the older bmw x5 4.6-8

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Full-Size-Render-2.jpg (135.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Full-Size-Render-3.jpg (185.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-6220.jpg (228.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Full-Size-Render-1.jpg (116.5 KB, 46 views)
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 08:27 AM   #92
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I would go Volvo or Toyota.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 09:42 AM   #93
1st amg
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
Ill weigh in again on 350... Im a big power guy with my cars however for my needs (I bought SUV for biking, tow hitch maybe for jet skis or boat down line) and the 350 goes... the throttle mapping and torque curve as mentioned has so much fast response, merging onto highway is a breeze!

I have the non adaptive suspension and i love it, I think its pretty smooth but also doesn't have that airmattic wallow or bottom out effect in comfort

My car was 67k with pano room, high end burmester, ambient, tech packages, 21 inch wheels with the nice fenders, running boards tow hitch etc

It drive so beautifully, it feels more nimble than my s550 cabriolet lol

Also when i bought it 2 months ago there were literally 0 options, I lost out on 4 cars in 4 straight days as its been the hottest mercedes seller... I didn't drive 450 so not sure how it feels but im sure more power is nice, however i just like the more relaxed/smooth ride of the 350 and have my monster cars when I want that... its nice to relax

Only option I wish I had gotten is the amg appearance pack, however, there weren't any avail ! But i love the athletic look with the widened fenders, offset of the 21 inch wheels and running boards... reminds me of the older bmw x5 4.6-8

Every time I see on on the road I do a double take, love the stance it has. Enjoy it!
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 10:25 AM   #94
nas130
"TRF" Member

I was a Mercedes guy too. I had a 2012 CLS550 that I loved and a 2016 E400 that was average. We just bought two 2021 Yukon Denali s. I love mine so far. Itís the grey one. I have driven it around 700 miles so far and it has been fantastic. Quieter than the E400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nas130 is offline   Reply With Quote