The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 September 2020, 08:07 AM   #91
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimag333 View Post
My wife really likes the gle, any opinions on 350 vs 450?

steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
New GLE is a winner for sure.
Always go for more power if you can swing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnceofpersia23 View Post
Try the 350, you'll be surprised. Torque curve makes it more than suitable for daily driving around town. I had no issues with a car full of passengers+luggage.

On the other hand, the 450 is only $5K more for ~100 more hp/tq. Careful though, that option sheet adds up fast.

Drive both and decide for yourself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
GLE wins the category hands down at that price point - the 350 is surprising power wise. In the $60's there's nothing better.

3rd row - tough one - I wouldn't consider it for daily use - more like jump seats for kids when in a jam.

If you plan on using the 3rd row often I'd go with the GLS or X7.

New 2021 Escalade is ridiculous - had the chance to tinker around with one the other day and this is going to be the class leader by far.
Ill weigh in again on 350... Im a big power guy with my cars however for my needs (I bought SUV for biking, tow hitch maybe for jet skis or boat down line) and the 350 goes... the throttle mapping and torque curve as mentioned has so much fast response, merging onto highway is a breeze!

I have the non adaptive suspension and i love it, I think its pretty smooth but also doesn't have that airmattic wallow or bottom out effect in comfort

My car was 67k with pano room, high end burmester, ambient, tech packages, 21 inch wheels with the nice fenders, running boards tow hitch etc

It drive so beautifully, it feels more nimble than my s550 cabriolet lol

Also when i bought it 2 months ago there were literally 0 options, I lost out on 4 cars in 4 straight days as its been the hottest mercedes seller... I didn't drive 450 so not sure how it feels but im sure more power is nice, however i just like the more relaxed/smooth ride of the 350 and have my monster cars when I want that... its nice to relax

Only option I wish I had gotten is the amg appearance pack, however, there weren't any avail ! But i love the athletic look with the widened fenders, offset of the 21 inch wheels and running boards... reminds me of the older bmw x5 4.6-8

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Full-Size-Render-2.jpg (135.1 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg Full-Size-Render-3.jpg (185.2 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-6220.jpg (228.9 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg Full-Size-Render-1.jpg (116.5 KB, 275 views)
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 08:27 AM   #92
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I would go Volvo or Toyota.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 09:42 AM   #93
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
Ill weigh in again on 350... Im a big power guy with my cars however for my needs (I bought SUV for biking, tow hitch maybe for jet skis or boat down line) and the 350 goes... the throttle mapping and torque curve as mentioned has so much fast response, merging onto highway is a breeze!

I have the non adaptive suspension and i love it, I think its pretty smooth but also doesn't have that airmattic wallow or bottom out effect in comfort

My car was 67k with pano room, high end burmester, ambient, tech packages, 21 inch wheels with the nice fenders, running boards tow hitch etc

It drive so beautifully, it feels more nimble than my s550 cabriolet lol

Also when i bought it 2 months ago there were literally 0 options, I lost out on 4 cars in 4 straight days as its been the hottest mercedes seller... I didn't drive 450 so not sure how it feels but im sure more power is nice, however i just like the more relaxed/smooth ride of the 350 and have my monster cars when I want that... its nice to relax

Only option I wish I had gotten is the amg appearance pack, however, there weren't any avail ! But i love the athletic look with the widened fenders, offset of the 21 inch wheels and running boards... reminds me of the older bmw x5 4.6-8

Every time I see on on the road I do a double take, love the stance it has. Enjoy it!
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 10:25 AM   #94
nas130
"TRF" Member

I was a Mercedes guy too. I had a 2012 CLS550 that I loved and a 2016 E400 that was average. We just bought two 2021 Yukon Denali s. I love mine so far. It’s the grey one. I have driven it around 700 miles so far and it has been fantastic. Quieter than the E400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2020, 12:18 AM   #95
dimag333
"TRF" Member

another update, so the house we were buying fell through and bought a new house that I dont need a truck anymore, went and checked out a xc90 t6 yesterday, the hype is real. Working out a deal now. Reverso and Volvo!

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2020, 10:36 AM   #96
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
another update, so the house we were buying fell through and bought a new house that I dont need a truck anymore, went and checked out a xc90 t6 yesterday, the hype is real. Working out a deal now. Reverso and Volvo!

steve

Great choice - the xc90 is a fantastic car.

It also does plenty well for off road too.

Volvo are famed for their safety, practicality and long range comfort.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2020, 12:33 PM   #97
Ghost410
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:

steve
Good choice. I felt like I was the only one pushing that in this thread. It’s incredibly overlooked
Ghost410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 11:37 PM   #98
dimag333
"TRF" Member

after everything I drove home in a 4runner night shade w/ 3rd row, too much snow around here and I want to rebuild my old overland rig, we do lots of camping, will post pic after some upgrades are done!

We just wont use the 3rd row enough to base the entire purchase around it

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 12:56 AM   #99
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Getting my wife a new SUV in the next month or so. Debating the Mercedes GLS vs Cadillac Escalade.

The Escalade's size just works so well and the new 2021 is pretty fantastic. The GLS is very nice as well - it's only downfall to me is the lack of space behind the third row.
Old 2 December 2020, 02:24 AM   #100
Ballzzz

Quote:
Getting my wife a new SUV in the next month or so. Debating the Mercedes GLS vs Cadillac Escalade.

The Escalade's size just works so well and the new 2021 is pretty fantastic. The GLS is very nice as well - it's only downfall to me is the lack of space behind the third row.
ding ding ding

I love the X7 & GLS BUT like you said when the third row is up there isn't enough room for an uppa stroller. Same with the previous gen short wheel tahoe/escalade - Thank God they finally fixed that.

Good luck with your choice I will be in the same boat in the near future myself.
Old 2 December 2020, 02:31 AM   #101
Watchflair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
ding ding ding

I love the X7 & GLS BUT like you said when the third row is up there isn't enough room for an uppa stroller. Same with the previous gen short wheel tahoe/escalade - Thank God they finally fixed that.

Good luck with your choice I will be in the same boat in the near future myself.
exactly lol - does everyone have an Uppa lol
Old 2 December 2020, 02:35 AM   #102
Ballzzz

Quote:
exactly lol - does everyone have an Uppa lol
In our parts anyhow - Get a yoyo also, it allows you to get "small" 3 row SUV's lool
Old 2 December 2020, 08:18 AM   #103
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
In our parts anyhow - Get a yoyo also, it allows you to get "small" 3 row SUV's lool

We have both - the yoyo is so good for traveling. Great bit of dad kit

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 04:00 PM   #104
kirksingleton
"TRF" Member

I have had x5’s, suburbans, tahoes and a Rover. Right now, I own two new landcrusers and a 911 (and a Honda for the kids). I am really happy with the Land cruisers but I live part time in a ski town and drive in bad weather quite a bit. The landcruser is definitely the best I have found for my needs. I really never use the 3rd row.
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2020, 12:26 AM   #105
Mountains
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
After a succession of land rovers, I now drive the land cruiser. I absolutely love this car, it’s absolutely perfect off road and I’ve never felt more secure navigating tricky mountain tracks or snow. While it does have 3 rows of seats, we’ve never used the 3rd row.
Mountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2020, 11:02 AM   #106
turkeysub93
"TRF" Member

Recently had the 2021 Tahoe for a week as my 2020 Tahoe was in for service at the dealership. Some subjective observations:

- The 2021's technology is outstanding. My current Tahoe is an LT as was the 2021 Tahoe I drove so the comparison is apples to apples. The new generation felt to be in a league of its own. Granted...this is to be expected whenever a new iteration of a vehicle comes out...but the difference in the 2020 to the 2021 was very apparent.

- The 2021's turn signal felt rather flimsy...almost like a toy. The turn signal on my 2020 Tahoe is significantly sturdier.

- The 2021's shifting changed drastically...no longer the tried and true shift setup of most trucks I've ever driven...the shift setup in the new Tahoe has been emasculated. You can now press a button on the dash to change from park to drive. Perhaps the misses will appreciate the update!

Very cool vehicle nonetheless and would recommend the Tahoe to anyone in the SUV market.
turkeysub93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 03:51 AM   #107
Watchflair

Suvs from 60-80k

Ended up with a 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLS - so far she’s thrilled with it - got to make it a Christmas present as well lol. Just noticing here Day Date in the pic as well ha ha. Really an easy choice - build quality is top notch as well as safety - it's just a really nice car nothing like the previous generation.
Old 31 December 2020, 04:56 AM   #108
Ballzzz

Congrats with the employee price you can’t go wrong I imagine, the new GLS is super ahead of the past gen, enjoy in good health.
Old 31 December 2020, 07:46 AM   #109
muskaroxs
"TRF" Member

If it's just going to sit for 355 days a year, I would go 4Runner or Lexus GX.
muskaroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 11:43 AM   #110
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
the new landcruiser is amazing and worth a look
Old 31 December 2020, 11:48 AM   #111
winst
"TRF" Member

I have an Alfa Romeo Stelvio and love it but doesn’t have 3 rows of seats for you unfortunately.
winst is offline   Reply With Quote