The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 12 August 2017, 01:34 AM   #91
lig
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ{Adventure!) View Post
Honestly my fellow associates and I aren't taking wagers on who wins-- we are taking wagers on which round McGregor will lose his bearings and add in a kick or three.
I sincerely hope he does. The cynic in me says it'll be intentional.

He gets DQd and they commence to sell the rematch.
lig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2017, 01:52 AM   #92
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ{Adventure!)
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lig View Post
I sincerely hope he does. The cynic in me says it'll be intentional.

He gets DQd and they commence to sell the rematch.
I Believe it was at a press conference they stated a rematch would involve the octagon.......but then again a verbal agreement and one on paper with two sets of signatures hold different values.
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ{Adventure!) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2017, 01:57 AM   #93
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55 View Post
Unless Mayweather needs to keep IRS happy ;)
If he is, he would simply book another boxing match lol plenty of suitors.
Old 12 August 2017, 02:01 AM   #94
SearChart
TechXpert

Lol I can get to see it live through 'FOX TV' for only €7,99. That's crazy cheap compared to the American price of $100,-
Not sure if I want to get up in the middle of the night for it though.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2017, 02:02 AM   #95
lig
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Quote:
I Believe it was at a press conference they stated a rematch would involve the octagon.......but then again a verbal agreement and one on paper with two sets of signatures hold different values.
I would pay to see that!
lig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2017, 09:49 AM   #96
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Honestly my fellow associates and I aren't taking wagers on who wins-- we are taking wagers on which round McGregor will lose his bearings and add in a kick or three.
I read there's some clause in the K that if Connor uses his MMA. He would be penalized, and, could forfeit up to his entire purse.

That's not to say he won't, I think he will too.
Old 14 August 2017, 02:44 AM   #97
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by William.L. View Post
He'll last. He can take a punch. I think Floyd's ability and technical boxing skills are gonna wear out Connor. Floyd will win on points alone if it goes all till the end and he can't knock McGregor out. Connor's hope is he lands a couple freak punches and catches Floyd just right and ko's him. Other than that if I were to bet money I'd put it on Floyd, but I'm rooting for and hoping McGregor wins.
This.^
Old 18 August 2017, 05:25 PM   #98
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Major rule change IMO

I guesss you guys either don't care about glove size or didn't hear about it. But they are now 8oz instead of 10oz. A huge difference.

* The cheapest seat currently listed on Ticketmaster is $1,682, with ringside seats costing as much as $35,000. A seller on VividSeats.com has a ticket listed at an unrealistic $164,043 but crazier things have happened — this fight for example.lol

While the average ticket price of $3,684 is slightly less than Mayweather’s 2015 fight with Pacquiao ($3,870) the overall ticket sales are on pace to be higher.

Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions, claims they have already sold $60 million in the box office – dwarfing the UFC’s record of $17 million in McGregor’s last fight against Eddie Alvarez, and on pace to break boxing’s record of $72 million for Mayweather versus Manny Pacquiao. I changed my mind on pay per view, I think it's going to be an insane amount coming in. I thought at first no one is going to waste their money but the lighter gloves is interesting now.

Aug 4 before change in glove weight:
Mayweather -550
McGregor + 375

August 16th after change from 10 to 8oz:
Mayweather - 450
McGregor + 325
Not a huge change

I'm not sure how to read this now .. 450 wins you 100 now if you bet the wife beater
McGregor gets you 325 for a 100 wager. Is it because the glove change or..

In November:
Mayweather -2250
McGregor + 950

Just a ton of money went on McGregor since line first opened. I'm thinking the 8oz is more of an advantage for McGregor ? I think he's going right after Mayweather from the get go. Hoping to get a lucky punch but I also thinks he's going to wear himself out quickly. Maybe he'll just jab jab punch too, be more technical. If he doesn't cover his face well enough though he's going to be a mess.

Can McGregor hit hard? Can Mayweather take a punch ? I hope McGregor doesn't lose his mind and start kicking and going for take down. He might do that if he gets a nice pop in the face and it throws him off.

I posted some videos above in a post of Mayweather taking some real good punches, interesting fights and his reaction. But he always rebounded to win

200 million for Mayweather
80 million for McGregor

I don't see a rematch in the Octagon. Why would Floyd do that
Old 18 August 2017, 08:29 PM   #99
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
It's amazing how the media machine is almost managing to convince us that McGregor has a chance.........gets people thinking I guess.

If Mayweather was a toe to toe fighter McGregor may have a slight punchers chance but otherwise I can't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 09:51 PM   #100
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Idt the glove size means anything... May has always fought with 8oz gloves (except 3 fights I believe), and, Conor fights with 4oz gloves. If I had to pick a side, I'd say this favors May more, as HE will be the one landing shots. Let's be real here everyone, Mac is NOT gonna land any meaningful shots on May.

The glove size is just ANOTHER ploy to get ppl to buy the fight and make them richer... "they hate each" other didn't work, "May is old and slipping" didn't work, May tried the "fight for all the black ppl" and it didn't work, now they're trying the 8oz gloves will make it more even and brutal. I'm sure I'm missing one or two too.
Old 18 August 2017, 09:53 PM   #101
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggo View Post
It's amazing how the media machine is almost managing to convince us that McGregor has a chance.........gets people thinking I guess.

If Mayweather was a toe to toe fighter McGregor may have a slight punchers chance but otherwise I can't see it.

Excellent post. The media is only convincing the uninformed casual viewers.
Old 18 August 2017, 09:56 PM   #102
meganfox17
Banned

Hey ! I 've got something for you guys. Taking cue from the Mayweather-McGregor boxing match, Malaysia's Top English Radio Station ,Hitz FM is actually organizing a boxing match between its morning crew DJs in an hour or so tonight! It's not a gimmick but a really serious match between two DJs.Jay Duit, the motor-mouth thrash talking American from Utah vs the skinny but talented Malaysian the Real Deal, RD(Yeah that's his name)To prepare for the fight , they actually hired professional local boxers to teach them some basic fighting techniques.Both DJs had their own local and international band of supporters including Charli XCX rooting for Jay and Nicki Minaj(i think !) cheering for RD ! Let's get ready to Ruuuummmmbbbbleeeeee for the May-Feather fight !
It's not going to be easy for RD as every Malaysian listener pick the American to beat the crap out of RD !
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 11:01 PM   #103
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Absolutely spot-on.

I've been amazed before at utter mismatches being hyped up into apparently live contests, but this time I really am staggered. McGregor would get schooled by a National-level amateur boxer. Mayweather probably hasn't fought a boxer of such limited ability since his early teens. The chances of the Irishman winning are as close to zero as they get in boxing.

Even the usual "puncher's chance" caveat that's often given barely applies, because there is such a huge difference in skill level that McGregor simply won't connect to the head of the best defensive boxer in history. Mayweather has been rocked twice in his career by my reckoning* - against Castillo under sustained pressure to the body and against Moseley when he almost got 1-punch KO'd (and recovered brilliantly). This is a man who has fought multiple future boxing Hall of Famers.

The only sliver of a chance McGregor has is if Floyd got really, really, really old since the Berto fight and his skills have fallen off a cliff. But even that is a faint hope because Mayweather has always kept himself in amazing condition, his shoulder roll defence doesn't rely on lightning reflexes and you'd imagine that a ring-smart guy like Floyd wouldn't have taken the fight if he didn't still think he had the tools to deal with Conor.

A one-sided beatdown incoming.

*Edited to add that De La Hoya gave him big problems - whilst having the advantage of being substantially the bigger man - though never looked like actually stopping him.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 11:24 PM   #104
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
Mayweather vs Mcgregor finalized!

Being cynical, will Mayweather allow it to be closer than it should be in order to create appetite for a rematch? It's huge money after all.

It's become more WWE than boxing, no offence to WWE fans.

PS I'm a big fan of McGregor but the games are totally different.

Moggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 11:31 PM   #105
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Being cynical, will Mayweather allow it to be closer than it should be in order to create appetite for a rematch? It's huge money after all.

It's become more WWE than boxing, no offence to WWE fans.

PS I'm a big fan of McGregor but the games are totally different.

Floyd is already a WWE SUPERSTAR - he "knocked out" The Big Show already after all

The skill differential would certainly allow Mayweather to put on a show and even things up - he could toy with Conor for 12 rounds.

But I don't see it. The only thing as important to Floyd as money is his "0" and I don't think he'd risk it by not doing the job with 100% intensity.
Old 18 August 2017, 11:35 PM   #106
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
In the amazing world of sports, anything is possible no matter the odds, the greater the underdog the more amazing the victory.
Isn't that what keeps us watching?
Old 18 August 2017, 11:41 PM   #107
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Mayweather vs Mcgregor finalized!

Considering how far the line has moved I'm seriously tempted to put few stacks on mayweather. That or save it for betting on the patriots all year lol
Old 18 August 2017, 11:43 PM   #108
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
In the amazing world of sports, anything is possible no matter the odds, the greater the underdog the more amazing the victory.
Isn't that what keeps us watching?
I'm probably overstating the point now and should probably shut up, but give a dog a bone!

If Jordan Spieth is set up to play matchplay against a TRF member with a +5 handicap over 18 holes at The Augusta National for a $100m winner-take all prize, who wins?

This fight is that much of a mismatch.

Of course, the plucky TRF-er might win if Jordan, giddy with excitement at being handed a massive windfall for a stroll in the park slips over on the first tee and brains himself unconscious on a tee marker, but you wouldn't bet on it.
Old 18 August 2017, 11:46 PM   #109
TG3N
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post
The glove size is just ANOTHER ploy to get ppl to buy the fight and make them richer... "they hate each" other didn't work, "May is old and slipping" didn't work, May tried the "fight for all the black ppl" and it didn't work, now they're trying the 8oz gloves will make it more even and brutal. I'm sure I'm missing one or two too.
100% correct. Everything since the original road shows has been geared to generate publicity and assist ticket sales / TV buys.

When has the supreme egotist Mayweather ever downplayed his (undoubted) boxing skills? Never before, except recently when he (and sundry other friends of the fighters) has tried to sell this as a realistic 50/50 fight, so that people will buy, buy, buy in anticipation of a real contest. Which it's not.

As for the 8oz gloves affecting punching power? The punch that hurts the most is the one that actually lands. And most of those will come from Mayweather. Probably not outright power punches, but certainly enough to hurt, slow & wear down McGregor over time.

I don't at all begrudge anyone enjoying the spectacle (because that's what it is, not a fight), but I'll not be sending Mayweather & McGregor any of my hard-earned cash so as they can buy more hideous watches & mink coats.
TG3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 11:51 PM   #110
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
People forget that Connor is the Alpha male here. I heard Floyd running his mouth that he would get into the Octagon on more than one occasion which any sane man would realize that is not a good idea.

Floyd should be thanking his lucky stars he isn't in a cage and quite frankly I hope Connor shuts him up because I don't have any tolerance for people who are delusional or beat women.

Lest we forget this is the same beta male that beat his woman and then cried because of the jail and wanted out early. GTFO
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 12:05 AM   #111
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwatchcollector View Post
Lest we forget this is the same beta male that beat his woman and then cried because of the jail and wanted out early. GTFO
Floyd's a Woman Beater/Abuser?? W W !! I didn't know that. What is GTFO? Get Tickets Fight On?
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 12:11 AM   #112
Cobain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
Floyd's a Woman Beater/Abuser?? W W !! I didn't know that. What is GTFO? Get Tickets Fight On?
Google it.

This whole thing is staged, even the way Mayweather behaved in the conferences as if he was respectful to Conor when Connor shat on him.
Cobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 01:29 AM   #113
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

If anyone likes boxing, tomorrow nite is gonna be a doozie... Crawford vs Indongo to unify the 4 welterweight belts.
Old 20 August 2017, 01:10 PM   #114
Trouble15
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Quote:
He went to jail for it...

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-violence-plea

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...las-vegas-do_3
Trouble15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 06:39 AM   #115
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Anyone betting the fight? I took mayweather.
Old 25 August 2017, 07:57 AM   #116
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I tried betting on mcgreggor. My buddies guy won't take the bet.

I'm good tho. I just can't wait to enjoy the fight.

And the GOT finale on Sunday. What a weekend of mindless tv!!!! Can't wait!!

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 08:09 AM   #117
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I think Connor has to rush him and knock him out in the first round or Money will just evade and outbox him on points.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 08:18 AM   #118
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Battle of the Watches
Hublot vs Patek Philippe~Rolex
Ok watch wise Mac kills Floyd, and I hope he wins too though don't think so
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:31 AM   #119
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I bet May to win in the 3rd thru 7th rounds... 3rd or 4th preferably, as they pay out higher than 5-7.

Hopefully you got it in yest before the line moved. Mine went from -455 to -600. It's only going to go up too as the sharp money will continue to pour in and drive the line up, up and away (pun intended).
Old 25 August 2017, 11:40 AM   #120
Star Ferry
Banned

Planning on watching this live in Kowloon at a pub with some friends. 9 AM Sunday morning and they're offering a $25 free flow deal on prosecco... lol. Should be a good time

What's everyone's plan?
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote