The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 August 2017, 10:40 AM   #91
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwi View Post
No, but a lot of scifi. The typical thing is everyone HAS to have a fairy tale ending. You can't teach kids Evil wins. Bad. Good always overcomes evil. Wrong. Not in real life. Evil wins many times.

Find 5 novels where the ending is "The Earth Blows up and Everyone Dies".

It does happen, but very rare. Its dark. People don't like to go there.
But that's not the question here. It's not what someone thinks the ending should be. It's what we believe the ending will be.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2017, 10:46 AM   #92
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
But that's not the question here. It's not what someone thinks the ending should be. It's what we believe the ending will be.
Fair enuff. I believe they all die, and 3 others do too. And I gave reasons why. And if I am wrong, well don't bet on the horses I pick.
MrTwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2017, 10:54 AM   #93
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Get your popcorn ready! Daddy wants to see the mother of dragons bare all again!
Old 7 August 2017, 10:58 AM   #94
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Get your popcorn ready! Daddy wants to see the mother of dragons bare all again!

Old 7 August 2017, 11:55 AM   #95
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Hmm...not as good a battle scene as I was hoping for. Maybe my expectations were too high?

Not bad.
Old 7 August 2017, 11:58 AM   #96
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Drogon was awesome.
Old 7 August 2017, 11:59 AM   #97
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hmm...not as good a battle scene as I was hoping for. Maybe my expectations were too high?

Not bad.
Loved it.

Old 7 August 2017, 12:00 PM   #98
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

That's good. Why only one dragon? Saving the others for later?
Old 7 August 2017, 12:02 PM   #99
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Also is that dragon going to die now? Seems to play into the theory that all the houses are going to blow all their resources on each other before the white walkers arrive and make easy work of them.
Old 7 August 2017, 12:04 PM   #100
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I wonder. But from strategy perspective, imagine the fear that spreads when the rumors fly about the damage done by one dragon. Then imagine what it'll be like with three. I'd be scared if I was on the other side.

This does charge my thoughts a bit on Dany taking the throne. Now I wonder.

Old 7 August 2017, 12:06 PM   #101
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Who will ride them at this point?
Old 7 August 2017, 12:12 PM   #102
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Who will ride them at this point?
I guess I didn't know they needed riders! I figured they were like autonomous drones
Old 7 August 2017, 01:09 PM   #103
Maybelline
Banned

That was epic.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2017, 01:31 PM   #104
Maybelline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Drogon will probably try to burn him and fail. That's how they will know he's a Targ.
Good point sir.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2017, 03:35 PM   #105
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

That fight scene was awesome. I thought Bronn was going to get fried for a minute!!
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2017, 04:58 AM   #106
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I'm loving the episodes now as we are constantly having new face offs. Jamie v Dany, never thought about that before, Arya v Brienne, even Jon v Theon. It's great to see all these characters separated for so long face each other again. This is all new territory and probably hardly any GRRM guidelines so D&D doing a good job. There has to be an Achilles heel to the dragons otherwise Nuclear Weapons will always rule the day, and that arrow-spear is better than the horn in the books, but the real battle is within Dany and can she stay her genetic predisposition to melt cities when things are not going her way? If not, that could also be a down-ending.

Budget has really stepped up, we're getting battles nearly every episode now.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2017, 05:07 AM   #107
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Maybe you read way too much into it.

Probably true. My bad. Of course push back with info. That is discourse. Backing up theory with information is normal. I welcome pushback. Show me where I am wrong. That's how people learn.

To here:

11 Jon Snow
5 Dani
1 Tyrion
2 Ayra
4 Nights King

Jon is the easy answer. Normal modern story. Poor boy makes good. Everyone lives happily ever after. A nobody, scorned by his adoptive Mom, makes good. Makes for a good story.

Dany is the Romantic story, maybe like Dad (Mad)? but her followers adore her. Lost waif, everyone trying to kill her as a baby. Sold into slavery, abused, rises to the top. Sounds like the American dream. Rags, literally, to riches. Great story.

Nights King = bad/evil. You can't have an ending when Evil wins. That's terrible. You have to have stories where good wins over evil, not.

Tell me where this is wrong. Let's learn. Obviously I can be wrong.
As I've said before I almost think LF should be King, and in savage medieval England he probably would be. Chaos is a Ladder is one of my fave moments and sums up GOT perfectly. He is actually more evil than the NK, who is just being himself with no conscience. But now Bran knows what he's done and his sister is an assassin he's in trouble.
Old 8 August 2017, 10:45 AM   #108
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Bran knows but he's useless now. He should've said something to Sansa as soon as he got to Winterfell. Instead he just told his girl, "bye, I've moved on" while she stood by his side and dragged him around for seasons on end.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2017, 10:07 PM   #109
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Bran knows but he's useless now. He should've said something to Sansa as soon as he got to Winterfell. Instead he just told his girl, "bye, I've moved on" while she stood by his side and dragged him around for seasons on end.
Well Bran is more Raven than Stark now and he knows LF and his knights are a valuable ally at the moment so maybe Bran doesn't think now is the time to kill him and make an enemy of House Arryn who he controls. Bran has greensight but in the show LF does as well almost as he is trying to imagine all outcomes all the time, so I think he gets away in time. He deserves to be in the final season at least, he has more havoc to reach.
Old 8 August 2017, 11:36 PM   #110
Star Ferry
Banned

Glad to see Dany & her dragons finally in a real war with the Lannisters. Not holding high expectations for the rest of season because I'd like to avoid disappointment
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2017, 01:33 AM   #111
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As I've said before I almost think LF should be King, and in savage medieval England he probably would be. Chaos is a Ladder is one of my fave moments and sums up GOT perfectly. He is actually more evil than the NK, who is just being himself with no conscience. But now Bran knows what he's done and his sister is an assassin he's in trouble.
Quote:
Well Bran is more Raven than Stark now and he knows LF and his knights are a valuable ally at the moment so maybe Bran doesn't think now is the time to kill him and make an enemy of House Arryn who he controls. Bran has greensight but in the show LF does as well almost as he is trying to imagine all outcomes all the time, so I think he gets away in time. He deserves to be in the final season at least, he has more havoc to reach.
LF is evil, and creepy. Jamie/Dany confrontation was strange. People cheering for Jamie not to die. This is a guy who:

Committed Regicide, treason to hit king
Incest with is twin
Adultery with his twin
Attempted murder throwing a child from a tower

And is now getting sympathy. People having sympathy for a murderer, adulterer, treasonous, incestuous guy. See how they mess with the viewers mind?
Old 9 August 2017, 03:08 AM   #112
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
LF is evil, and creepy. Jamie/Dany confrontation was strange. People cheering for Jamie not to die. This is a guy who:

Committed Regicide, treason to hit king
Incest with is twin
Adultery with his twin
Attempted murder throwing a child from a tower

And is now getting sympathy. People having sympathy for a murderer, adulterer, treasonous, incestuous guy. See how they mess with the viewers mind?
The Kingslayer actually killed her father so their confrontation is a good one but its come early and not sure Dany knows he killed him or cares. The only real negative of Jamie's in the show is his pushing out Bran but even then it was on Cersei's command. Since then he has saved Brienne, Tyrion, King's Landing from the Mad King, and Olenna from a terrible death, and is genuinely a sympathetic character but for his Cersei addiction.
Old 9 August 2017, 08:30 AM   #113
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
he has saved Brienne, Tyrion, King's Landing from the Mad King, and Olenna from a terrible death, and is genuinely a sympathetic character but for his Cersei addiction.
Not completely evil but not nice guy either. I should also add that we tend to judge other species and attribute human emotions and behavior to them. The NK could be beloved to the wights. He might be the good guy and all those humans south of the wall - EVIL to them. Why are they stopping them from reproducing? How evil is that?

Its all a matter of POV.
Old 9 August 2017, 09:18 AM   #114
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
The blonde dragon lady may have a vanguard of infantry comprised of ultra-disciplined eunuchs who obey orders to the letter, but she also brought a horde of rampaging cavalry to her homeland who's MO is wholesale pillaging and raping even during their downtime. In their entirety of his life, the random acts of gratuitous cruelness that gave the Mountain his hated reputation probably represent a slow month for the most junior guy in their ranks, and if they win, they aren't going to suddenly settle down in their conquered land to become farmers and shopkeepers, or all decide to sail back home where the pickings aren't so easy or the fodder for their horses so good. The Dragon lady knows this, or should because it's obvious, but did it anyway in her blind quest for power. So blind she constantly needs reminding by those around her who who aren't to not to use her dragons to lay waste to entire cities with everyone in them.

She's a bad seed who inherited her crazy dad's death-by-fire fetish. Jamie putting him to the sword was a righteous kill. Props to her for freeing some slaves but ultimately she needs to be stopped. The Hound should be the one to do it, or at least play some role in her demise.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2017, 12:04 PM   #115
austinp
"TRF" Member

https://youtu.be/fDPLsIpCCB8

Dragon Lady is pretty funny!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
austinp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2017, 04:02 PM   #116
Star Ferry
Banned

Great commentary CRM114
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2017, 09:59 PM   #117
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
The blonde dragon lady may have a vanguard of infantry comprised of ultra-disciplined eunuchs who obey orders to the letter, but she also brought a horde of rampaging cavalry to her homeland who's MO is wholesale pillaging and raping even during their downtime. In their entirety of his life, the random acts of gratuitous cruelness that gave the Mountain his hated reputation probably represent a slow month for the most junior guy in their ranks, and if they win, they aren't going to suddenly settle down in their conquered land to become farmers and shopkeepers, or all decide to sail back home where the pickings aren't so easy or the fodder for their horses so good. The Dragon lady knows this, or should because it's obvious, but did it anyway in her blind quest for power. So blind she constantly needs reminding by those around her who who aren't to not to use her dragons to lay waste to entire cities with everyone in them.

She's a bad seed who inherited her crazy dad's death-by-fire fetish. Jamie putting him to the sword was a righteous kill. Props to her for freeing some slaves but ultimately she needs to be stopped. The Hound should be the one to do it, or at least play some role in her demise.
Mountain v Hound in Cleganebowl will be great to finally see. If anyone has to stop Dany I think it will fall to Jon. If they both die as a result, I'd love to see the Hound become King, with Jaquen Hagar as his Kingsguard, two of the best characters.
Old 10 August 2017, 12:12 AM   #118
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
That was funny. Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
... she also brought a horde of rampaging cavalry to her homeland who's MO is wholesale pillaging and raping even during their downtime. ... they aren't going to suddenly settle down in their conquered land to become farmers and shopkeepers, or all decide to sail back home where the pickings aren't so easy or the fodder for their horses so good. The Dragon lady knows this, or should because it's obvious, but did it anyway in her blind quest for power. So blind she constantly needs reminding by those around her who who aren't to not to use her dragons to lay waste to entire cities with everyone in them.
All true but the Dothraki are not relevant anymore. They and their horses will perish in the snow. At the moment, they are just her tools. They just don't don't know they are going to die yet.

Lets also not forget that she crucified the masters and made toast out of some others. She also bought the unsullied, remember "bought" to be her army. Turned to them and said "you are all free leave or you can fight for me". What were they going to do? They had nowhere to go and knew no other lives. Don't believe Missandie's dramatic speech to Jon for a minute. The Unsullied were like cropfarmers. They had NO choice. The Second Sons were paid mercenaries. They would betray her in an instant and the original leaders did. And the Dothraki are sheep wowed by a goddess of fire. "Oh Oh, look! flying lizards! She so cool!" They don't adore her, they are scared of her and they understand power.

People like to pity her because she was abused but she is no better than the others. Agreed. She going to die. But not until the end. Then NK will touch her and turn her into the ice dragon lady.

Besides, she has like 25 names. That arrogance alone is worth her downfall. Who has 25 names and has someone announcing their names everytime she meets someone new? Her arrogance will be her downfall.
Old 10 August 2017, 03:32 AM   #119
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
I love when the bad guys win, go NK
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 06:34 AM   #120
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
I love when the bad guys win, go NK
NK stands for North Korea as well... very portentuous...