The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 23 December 2018, 02:50 PM   #31
jojosnr
"TRF" Member

Runs fast for about 2 mins per week. Not acceptable but very convenient to have more than 8 days per wind.
jojosnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2018, 12:49 AM   #32
TonyArbs
"TRF" Member

I agree with everyone else. I have a 564 and the wind will last around 9 days and the time will run fast the first few days but then slow down. Doesn't bother me at all, I just reset the time a little around day 3 or so. I mean it's not like we bought these to time something where our lives depend on it. FWIW, my Sub does keep much better time though.
TonyArbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2018, 04:28 AM   #33
synequano
Banned

My suggestion will be to stick with P2002 movt for 8 days PR

Both of my (time-only) P2002 based watches have 247ish hours of PR and perform within COSC standard throughout its PR cycle (though the accuracy started to go a bit crazier as the PR almost reach 0,it's especially notable with only around 2-3 hrs left)
synequano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2018, 03:20 PM   #34
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Have pam911

The movement has been pretty much spot on. ��
Old 26 December 2018, 05:12 AM   #35
michael8238
"TRF" Member

Watch: Always changing
If fully wound, my Pam 510 will gain like 2~3min within the first couple hours, then it will calm down and gain about 10~12 sec per day.
It is by far the least accurate movement I've ever had, and I don't think a long PR should be their excuse---my Fifty Fathoms has 5 days PR and it usually loses 2 sec TOTAL during those 5 days...
michael8238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2018, 10:45 AM   #36
Foxiness
"TRF" Member

The p5000 is junk period. In my opinion no watch that cost about 5k should be running fast when fully wound and then calm down after a few hours.

You pay a premium and you should receive a premium product.
Foxiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2018, 03:21 PM   #37
mosfetaus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200 ; 16613
I have a 564 T and it basically runs the same as my 590 R did, ie up to +5 minutes by the end of its 9 days of PR. When I got the 590 it would jump ahead by about 5 minutes in the first day of winding so I sent it back to Richemont under warranty. It came back about +4/9 days still though.
I accept it now with the P.5000 and absolutely love the watch. Having 9 days of autonomy is a joy. It's also a surprisingly beautiful movement to look at. There's not too much to see, but what you do is incredibly nicely finished.
mosfetaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2018, 03:14 AM   #38
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I see this thread has come back around. Since owning two pieces with the P5000 movement, I have since gotten rid of one and purchased two other pieces with the 3 Day P3000 movement. The P3000 is far more accurate. It does run a little fast if you keep it topped off, but nothing like the P5000 movement.

I am reluctant to get rid of my last Panerai with the P5000 movement as it is otherwise a very good looking reference, but I agree with the sentiment that if you are paying that much for a watch it should be far more accurate.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2019, 07:53 PM   #39
sleekstyler
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C ND 114060
New PAM 560 owner here. U-Serial, painted dial, bought in November 2018 (2 months ago thereabout).

9 days, 22 hours and 47 mins on a full wind (although the watch ran VERY slow after 9 days and 20 hours). This is crazy good power reserve!

Apparently my experience is very different from most here.

It appears that the calibre is just as accurate as all my other COSC watches (barring Rolex). 100% sure it gained less than 1 min a week, and slightly over 1 min in 2 weeks. I have tried keeping it half-wound for 1 week, topping it up to max every 2-3 days, and letting it power down to just before 9 days before winding it to full again.

No changes in watchkeeping accuracy in any of the 3 scenarios mentioned above.

I did not experience any of the galloping or the "10-20 seconds gain in 1 day" thing.

Perhaps they have perfected the calibre at last?
sleekstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2019, 10:14 AM   #40
Foxiness
"TRF" Member

Then they should fix the lemons before they fixed this movement. But they haven’t, sent my 560 for service twice and both times returned with same issue and extra scratches on it. No wonder so many people moved away from Panerai now and are a dog in the used market.
Foxiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 12:17 AM   #41
yobxelor
"TRF" Member

I have 3 pams with p5000 movt. So far so good. Had also sold 2 previously w p5000 movt and also no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yobxelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 07:53 AM   #42
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Just finished timing my 562 over 8 days. I wore it for the first 3 days, and the remaining 5 it spent laying flat on my desk. It averaged 11.25secs/day after the 8 days. It continued running for another 26 hours.

That is pretty good in my book. And I might try resting it on it's side in the future. But overall I am very satisfied with this watch and the P.5000 8 Day movement.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 18 January 2019, 07:26 PM   #43
chemistman
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, Exp II, SubC
Haven't got much luck with mine. Had my 511 BNIB from a TD 2 years ago. Timing was erratic right from the start, even with the break in period.

The watch in general just runs fast , sometimes more , sometimes less (depending how fully wound it was I guess). It wasn't a big deal at the time as I wasn't expecting Rolex equivalent.

Then the watch just died , and was running a few hours late per day. Mind you being a gold piece I don't wear this watch often, maybe in rotation 1-2 times every 2 weeks.

Decided I had enough of this, got it serviced from Richemont and sold it while it's still within warranty.

On the other hand my other P3000s has been working great without issue so far.
chemistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 05:35 AM   #44
dlack
"TRF" Member

Reviving this thread (it's now 4 years old) for the benefit of those still inquiring re the P.5000 movement.

My PAM 00590 with 8-day P.5000 has neither gained nor lost perceptible time stretching over more than 8 days on a single full wind. Several posts indicate issues with the movement running fast at the top of the wind, then settling down. Mine has been consistently spot-on throughout the stated power reserve and beyond. Can't complain.

A mechanical movement actively running for over a full week, even when not on the wrist, is typically seen in the quartz world, so this P.5000 is quite the mechanical marvel. I suspect the performance in many cases will be a function of variables such as manner of wear, temperature, positioning, movement condition, etc.
Old 13 February 2023, 06:38 PM   #45
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
in my experience eta 6947 is ok.
then the pam510 p5000 fast for 1 minute on full wind but ok until 8th day
then p3000 just ok after servicing about +2 sec/day
then p9010 which is just trash (after a month +1 minute)
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 11:48 PM   #46
StanCho
"TRF" Member

The benefit of having a two hand PAM (in my case 914) is that there is nothing to worry about if it gains or looses anything during a week,. You can hardly tell, considering the lack of markers apart of those every 5 min. I am at peace with myself when wearing it. :D

And the PR is really something like 10 days in my particular case.
StanCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 08:01 PM   #47
chrissimons
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanCho View Post
The benefit of having a two hand PAM (in my case 914) is that there is nothing to worry about if it gains or looses anything during a week,. You can hardly tell, considering the lack of markers apart of those every 5 min. I am at peace with myself when wearing it. :D

And the PR is really something like 10 days in my particular case.
I have the same watch and... I live the same, at peace when wearing it ;)
chrissimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 10:24 PM   #48
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Given the number of releases this year with 5000 movement (noticed slight modifications to base plate), I am circling back with my observation on my 561 accuracy with 5000 movement (no second hand - estimated accuracy). I wear 561 in rotation with other watches, so it sits in watch drawer more than it is worn. However, if I leave the 561 on its crown in the drawer, I noticed it gained 40 seconds in 13 days running circa 3 s/day.

Some people complained about 5000 movement running fast immediately after it was fully wound. I would recommend to wait 1-2 hours after winding to set the time.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2023, 10:14 AM   #49
vanderweisthe
"TRF" Member

Just purchased a 992 with the p.5000/1. So far approximately -2sec/day with daily wear over the last 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vanderweisthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2023, 07:29 AM   #50
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Does anybody really buy a Panerai for precise timekeeping? I have a 510 and a 564, both of which gain a couple of minutes over the course of an eight day run, both purchased used, never serviced to my knowledge. I also have a 111 with an ETA movement serviced and regulated recently by a local Rolex AD watchmaker and graduate of Swatch school in Lititz and that gains about 1.5 seconds per day. I love them all and don’t pay too much attention to the details when I wear them, that’s what makes them my most relaxing watches.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 12:24 AM   #51
juve
"TRF" Member

I have Pam00915. Runs +25 sec a week. I'm quite satisfied with this result.
juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 01:42 AM   #52
Gerry62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Panerai
My brother in law bought it new in Oct. 2016
He has only one ! watch and it is absolutely perfect.
He only wore out 3 straps

Old 25 April 2023, 02:05 AM   #53
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
Does anybody really buy a Panerai for precise timekeeping? I have a 510 and a 564, both of which gain a couple of minutes over the course of an eight day run, both purchased used, never serviced to my knowledge. I also have a 111 with an ETA movement serviced and regulated recently by a local Rolex AD watchmaker and graduate of Swatch school in Lititz and that gains about 1.5 seconds per day. I love them all and don’t pay too much attention to the details when I wear them, that’s what makes them my most relaxing watches.
I know you’re also a fan of the 32xx movement thread …. Why not add this one to this list?
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 01:23 PM   #54
JNH
"TRF" Member

I have a question about the P. 5000:
I have a PAM914 I bought new (no seconds) and when I wind it everything feels very firm, there seems to be the right amount of resistance when I wind the watch, but I just picked up a PAM563, same movement with a seconds hand-but the crown feels as if there’s almost no resistance when I wind it, it feels nothing like my 914, I’m almost afraid the watch is fake but it registered on the Panerai website and “appears” to be genuine. It keeps perfect time, maybe it just needs a service? Is this a red flag? Any difference between a watch with a seconds hand vs one w/o?
JNH is offline   Reply With Quote