The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 May 2023, 05:10 AM   #31
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palex View Post
Today I had the chance to try this steel beauty:

Nice! The best Code out of the entire range IMO.
grahammackay86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2023, 05:30 AM   #32
PP&AP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15407
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
The divers don't have ceramic bezel, only ceramic screw-down crowns.

I personally prefer the Code. Case, crystal, lugs, new guilloche dials and the the watch is less bulky.
I don't need functional water resistance and an extra strap is around 500 euro.
Agreed. I prefer to the code to ROO and the additional water resistance does little for me.

My favorite of the steel lineup is actually the beige three hander, which doesn't seem to get brought up as much.
Old 12 May 2023, 11:39 AM   #33
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow, that looks amazing (and, as always, much better than AP's own pictures).
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2023, 12:18 PM   #34
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
I’m waiting for the steel Code chrono and agree that the Codes have to be seen in person before final judgement. I’ve also felt that the PM chronographs, especially the ones with the gradient dials, are simply beautiful. I’ve owned a 39mm ROC for awhile (steel then rose gold) and recently added a 43mm ROO that I initially thought would be way too big. I’d love to get a third AP with a Code. I’m leaning towards steel for the dial, lower cost and color. But I’ll have to see what’s offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2023, 02:15 PM   #35
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This is THE combination I’m most interested in, specifically with the black strap (instead of the usual beige/taupe). This is the first time I’ve seen someone that made the strap change, so thank you for sharing these pics.
It looks perfect on your wrist.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2023, 03:25 PM   #36
Palex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
I’m waiting for the steel Code chrono and agree that the Codes have to be seen in person before final judgement. I’ve also felt that the PM chronographs, especially the ones with the gradient dials, are simply beautiful. I’ve owned a 39mm ROC for awhile (steel then rose gold) and recently added a 43mm ROO that I initially thought would be way too big. I’d love to get a third AP with a Code. I’m leaning towards steel for the dial, lower cost and color. But I’ll have to see what’s offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also tried on this gold one:

Palex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2023, 03:26 PM   #37
Palex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Also tried on this gold one:

For me, I like the indexes, the hands and the crown, better on the steel one
Old 12 May 2023, 03:56 PM   #38
Palex
"TRF" Member

I have another photo from the “crown side”. It was not the most sharp photo, so didn’t post it, bit it is nice to see the crown:

And another one, with best light to see the real color:

Old 12 May 2023, 07:09 PM   #39
nss04
"TRF" Member

Green Chrono is amazing!
nss04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2023, 11:39 AM   #40
JCZ5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I am glad there is much love for the new steel codes. I raise my hand, I was not a fan in the beginning like many. People I have come around and have tried on the new green / blue codes. They're simply amazing and not just for a code.

To a certain degree, when you have owned a few ROs, it is good to have something that is different. I get why AP cannot just be the land of ROs with different dial variations. To compete with Patek's excellent and diverse catalog, they needed something different. I even miss the AP millenary
JCZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2023, 11:26 PM   #41
Jakx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
I am glad there is much love for the new steel codes. I raise my hand, I was not a fan in the beginning like many. People I have come around and have tried on the new green / blue codes. They're simply amazing and not just for a code.

To a certain degree, when you have owned a few ROs, it is good to have something that is different. I get why AP cannot just be the land of ROs with different dial variations. To compete with Patek's excellent and diverse catalog, they needed something different. I even miss the AP millenary
Same here. Code was iconoclastic when it first came out and it's growing on people but any comparison with the RO doesn't seem to work. Two entirely different watch ideas with a different 'cahier de charge.' One is a contemporary expression of a dress watch steeped in the tradition of complications (hence the 1.6m to 25k range) with traditional 30m, strap, etc. The other is waterproof (though some do not recommend even showering with the RO!). RO/ROO is a 'in your face' status symbol and the other is discreet and understated. It appeals to very different clientèles. I for one am glad Audemars is also serving now something that appeals to those who prefer something a bit quieter, while at the same time quite exciting and innovative in design (the octogonal mid-case is something quite unique).
Jakx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2023, 06:05 PM   #42
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakx View Post
Same here. Code was iconoclastic when it first came out and it's growing on people but any comparison with the RO doesn't seem to work. Two entirely different watch ideas with a different 'cahier de charge.' One is a contemporary expression of a dress watch steeped in the tradition of complications (hence the 1.6m to 25k range) with traditional 30m, strap, etc. The other is waterproof (though some do not recommend even showering with the RO!). RO/ROO is a 'in your face' status symbol and the other is discreet and understated. It appeals to very different clientèles. I for one am glad Audemars is also serving now something that appeals to those who prefer something a bit quieter, while at the same time quite exciting and innovative in design (the octogonal mid-case is something quite unique).
Fully agree, it always needed some time to get out of the obvious and overbearing shadow of the RO. The more of them get out there, the more that will happen. Obviously AP didn’t do it any favors either with their A-Z botched marketing on this line. When you start asking people to look at the watch from a certain angle, you’re making embarrassing excuses for something that really needed none. It’s an excellent watch they should have just boldly stood behind.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote