The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 May 2023, 06:07 AM   #31
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post
Wow! Love it! Available with exhibition case back? Love black and yellow combos. FC? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Sorry, but I should have known FC... funky colors. I'm still learning AP. Lol. I like the FC and ceramic divers for sure. I'm a sucker for black and yellow combos (Ferrari and super sporty), which is why I got the omega apollo 8 as soon as it was released, which has professional movement in 44mm ceramic case. Thanks again for sharing.

jbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2023, 06:07 AM   #32
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Wow! Love it! Available with exhibition case back? Love black and yellow combos. FC? Thanks.

Yes, mine is FC. Ceramic is black/orange.

No exhibition case back, ceramic does however. I love the FC as AP was the first to use it and no longer do for various reasons. But it has texture that the ceramic does not and does have a ceramic bezel which is nearly impossible to mark up. I wear this thing to do anything, its one of my keepers for sure.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2023, 06:12 AM   #33
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Yes, mine is FC. Ceramic is black/orange.

No exhibition case back, ceramic does however. I love the FC as AP was the first to use it and no longer do for various reasons. But it has texture that the ceramic does not and does have a ceramic bezel which is nearly impossible to mark up. I wear this thing to do anything, its one of my keepers for sure.
Thanks. FC = forged carbon. Was hoping for exhibition case back, but may not matter with that beautiful dial and ceramic bezel.

Old 19 May 2023, 06:21 AM   #34
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks. FC = forged carbon. Was hoping for exhibition case back, but may not matter with that beautiful dial and ceramic bezel.

Yes, forged carbon.

I have many PP's and AP's and all but this one has an exhibition caseback. I almost never take my watch off to look at that and honestly, really do not care much once you look at it a few times the first time you get it. Thats like a personal preference however and I get that.

Its the same in house 3120 movement in either.
Old 20 May 2023, 03:48 AM   #35
eonflux
"TRF" Member

I prefer the stick hour markers of the 15710 vs the squarish hour markers of the 15720

But you can't go wrong with any AP Diver

eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2023, 05:26 AM   #36
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Awesome collection. I’m not sure I’d get rid of that Santos as it’s pretty unique in your collection.

Also love that Speedy. I’ve tried that one on a few times and it wears incredibly well and a lot flatter than some of the other ceramic versions. A very unique Omega that is incredibly light and comfortable.

I really like the new blue Diver. The green is cool too. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2023, 01:17 PM   #37
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonflux View Post
I prefer the stick hour markers of the 15710 vs the squarish hour markers of the 15720

But you can't go wrong with any AP Diver

I think I do too, along with other dial details....colors, text, branding. Great pic! This one is still in my top 3 along with navy/yellow dial and maybe the older black/yellow FC. Like you said, you can't go wrong with any of them. Personal preference. Thanks for sharing and enjoy that beauty.

Old 22 May 2023, 01:24 PM   #38
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
Awesome collection. I’m not sure I’d get rid of that Santos as it’s pretty unique in your collection.

Also love that Speedy. I’ve tried that one on a few times and it wears incredibly well and a lot flatter than some of the other ceramic versions. A very unique Omega that is incredibly light and comfortable.

I really like the new blue Diver. The green is cool too. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Brent. I hope all is well. I agree the Santos checks the square case box, but I feel like the collection needs to stay around 10, which means the Santos would most likely be the first out as much as I like it.

Also agree with u on the apollo 8. It's my favorite omega. I need to find a white or yellow 21mm rubber strap for it during summer months though. Take care and hope to c u soon.

Old 22 May 2023, 01:42 PM   #39
jokerjacket
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Current collection...

Nice collection. How much wrist time does the 5524 get? I have been low-key eyeing that piece. Seems pretty polarizing and generally people don't like it hence the discounts on secondary. Fellow jacket here. Sting 'em.
jokerjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 01:45 AM   #40
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerjacket View Post
Nice collection. How much wrist time does the 5524 get? I have been low-key eyeing that piece. Seems pretty polarizing and generally people don't like it hence the discounts on secondary. Fellow jacket here. Sting 'em.
Thanks! 5524r is my most recent, but gets quite a bit of wrist time since I got it on rubber (21mm black and espresso Horus, slightly modified to use Parek quick release spring bars) for these middle ga hot months. It's my favorite Patek due to size, style, useful complication, sunburst dial, 60m wr, part of the complications collection, the history of Patek making pilot and military watches just prior to wwii, and the ability to dress up or down. Patek already discontinued the smaller pilot. Highly recommend the 5524r. Btw, what's the good word my fellow Jacket?

Old 23 May 2023, 02:24 AM   #41
HorologicalGangster
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 326938
Quote:
Thanks! 5524r is my most recent, but gets quite a bit of wrist time since I got it on rubber (21mm black and espresso Horus, slightly modified to use Parek quick release spring bars) for these middle ga hot months. It's my favorite Patek due to size, style, useful complication, sunburst dial, 60m wr, part of the complications collection, the history of Patek making pilot and military watches just prior to wwii, and the ability to dress up or down. Patek already discontinued the smaller pilot. Highly recommend the 5524r. Btw, what's the good word my fellow Jacket?

I absolutely LOVE the 5524R. I'm so close to making a move on one.
Is it possible to get an aftermarket rubber version of the standard strap? Same color and stitching?
I like to keep my watches as original as possible, but the heat/ sweat where I live will deteriorate the standard leather band quickly.

Thanks
Patek 5524R
HorologicalGangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 04:27 AM   #42
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorologicalGangster View Post
I absolutely LOVE the 5524R. I'm so close to making a move on one.

Is it possible to get an aftermarket rubber version of the standard strap? Same color and stitching?

I like to keep my watches as original as possible, but the heat/ sweat where I live will deteriorate the standard leather band quickly.

Thanks
Highly recommend. I didn't come across a rubber strap that looked like the oem tan calf, although there are custom straps that combine calf with rubber lining that may work for u. I tried Jean Rousseau for a custom strap, but they were a bit difficult to get responses from. I bought the black calf that comes on Plat pilot from Patek NY. Great folks there. I then bought a couple of Horus straps on sale that look great. Just required a bit of mod to accommodate the Patek quick release springbars. I like black rubber the best as it gives rolex OF vibes which I love. Look fwd to the incoming.

Old 23 May 2023, 07:45 AM   #43
jokerjacket
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Btw, what's the good word my fellow Jacket?
THWG!

How 'bout them dawgs?
jokerjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 08:34 AM   #44
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerjacket View Post
THWG!

How 'bout them dawgs?
Piss on 'em. THWg! Go Jackets!

Old 25 May 2023, 12:42 PM   #45
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would recommend trying to find a discontinued FC or Ceramic diver. I have had many offshores and this is the only one that has stayed. Weight, balance, very different from anything in my collection. And looking at what you have, I think the same would be the case over going with another stainless option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think you've sold me on this one. I'll probably have to buy without trying on, so I would like to ask your wrist size? I have a 6.75 flat wrist and own a few 44mm that fit within my profile with width to spare. The only one in my collection I feel is a bit too tall is my dssd, which appears to be 18mm. Your FC appears to be 14mm, so I think I'll be fine there. I see retail for this one back in 2013 was 27.5k usd. How long did AP make this watch? Thanks again for all the help. Much appreciated.

Old 25 May 2023, 08:13 PM   #46
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would recommend trying to find a discontinued FC or Ceramic diver. I have had many offshores and this is the only one that has stayed. Weight, balance, very different from anything in my collection. And looking at what you have, I think the same would be the case over going with another stainless option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This looks surprisingly good. How easy is it to change straps?
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 03:21 AM   #47
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandopat View Post
Per YouTube, appears pretty easy with a proper sized slotted screwdriver. Are boutiques the only place to buy these previous diver straps (not the newer "quick change" ones)? Or maybe AP allows one to buy direct like Patek NY does? Thanks.

Old 1 June 2023, 01:51 AM   #48
Beat_Up_Old_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Green 15720

They're such fun watches, so different than anything else in my collection. The premium summer watch on the market.

Last edited by Beat_Up_Old_Rolex; 1 June 2023 at 01:58 AM.. Reason: there is no pic
Beat_Up_Old_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 05:39 PM   #49
robinmgb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot BB Unico
Great collection!
I’ve found once I moved up to wearing holy trinity quality watches that I can’t wear a mass produced Rolex again, I would trade all the Rolex watches for a couple of really special pieces
robinmgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 09:50 PM   #50
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I think you've sold me on this one. I'll probably have to buy without trying on, so I would like to ask your wrist size? I have a 6.75 flat wrist and own a few 44mm that fit within my profile with width to spare. The only one in my collection I feel is a bit too tall is my dssd, which appears to be 18mm. Your FC appears to be 14mm, so I think I'll be fine there. I see retail for this one back in 2013 was 27.5k usd. How long did AP make this watch? Thanks again for all the help. Much appreciated.

My wrist is 7". I have tried on a DSSD and felt same, too tall. This will not be the same. Not sure how long AP made these, wasn't long but you do see them on C24, etc. Likely not too far over retail from back then either but not really sure. Note that these do not come with the yellow strap, you will need to get that from APSC after you acquire the watch. It will come with a black strap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandopat View Post
Very easy, one pin on each side of the case and one in the buckle. Just need a precision screwdriver set and a little green loctite to re-assemble.
Old 2 June 2023, 08:44 AM   #51
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My wrist is 7". I have tried on a DSSD and felt same, too tall. This will not be the same. Not sure how long AP made these, wasn't long but you do see them on C24, etc. Likely not too far over retail from back then either but not really sure. Note that these do not come with the yellow strap, you will need to get that from APSC after you acquire the watch. It will come with a black strap.

Very easy, one pin on each side of the case and one in the buckle. Just need a precision screwdriver set and a little green loctite to re-assemble.
Thanks again for all of your help. Much appreciated. The bumble bee has caught my eye as well, but I think I like the diver dial a bit more. Both are great though. I'll contact APSC to ensure they still have yellow and strap available. Thanks again.

Old 5 June 2023, 02:18 AM   #52
SVC
Banned

Nice looking watch
SVC is offline   Reply With Quote