The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 April 2023, 12:24 AM   #121
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Did a lot of people changed their mind or a lot of flippers were identified?

My guess would be the first since the screening should have been done before the drawing.

Or maybe the flippers changed their mind since supply increased and the profit is not there anymore. But either case, this is better for the real collector.
The premiums on watches has definitely gone down hill along with the rest of the economy. I am sure a bunch of flippers had signed up for the raffle and walked away when they saw what is happening on the resale market.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2023, 12:26 AM   #122
tufa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
6 3/4”. I’d rather have a little extra tail on the strap than not enough. I’m thinking it should be the perfect size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That should be fine for medium. I think their site suggested large only from 7.5"
tufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2023, 02:51 AM   #123
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
wasn't one of the fortunate to get a second chance email, but congrats to all of you that did
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2023, 10:49 AM   #124
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufa View Post
That should be fine for medium. I think their site suggested large only from 7.5"

I have a 6.3 inch wrist and ordered the med strap. Based on the guidance it seemed like small was for 6.5 in and below (16.5 cm) and medium ranging from 16.5 and up. Cant remember the exact measurements for medium and large.

I ordered medium as all my watches on straps are usually standard length. I've ordered short straps before but didn't like where the strap tucked... Hopefully it's ok in the mad 1 as well
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 05:03 AM   #125
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

I'm not sure if a lot of people changed their minds. I don't know how previous raffles went and how many changed their minds for those raffles.

But if you think about it, how many people know of the MAD1? Probably a small subject of the watch collecting community. And an even smaller, miniscule, percentage of the general public. They have had, what, 3 raffles thus far?

It could be a lot of people who declined the offer may have already had won a MAD1, or may be more, and don't want another. People who placed entries may have done so thinking they would never win, and once they did, got cold feet.

Anyway, I guess I'm saying there is a small community of people who want this, and perhaps, there is now overlap in those who submit entries and those who no longer want, or already have, a MAD1.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 10:05 AM   #126
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

If someone has a Blue one for reasonable ask.....
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 05:21 PM   #127
Watch2019
"TRF" Member

For those looking for aftermarket straps for the M.A.D.1, Delugs offers them. I bought one such strap since the strap my watch came in (I had bought the watch from another person who had won the first raffle) was a bit short for me.
Watch2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 10:33 PM   #128
thewatchidiot
"TRF" Member

My wrist is 160mm and the medium is nearly ideal for smaller wrists. However, it’s thick and uncomfortable out the box. Hopefully, it will soften with more wear.
If someone bought from delugs, how flexible and comfortable is their strap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thewatchidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 04:05 PM   #129
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewatchidiot View Post
My wrist is 160mm and the medium is nearly ideal for smaller wrists. However, it’s thick and uncomfortable out the box. Hopefully, it will soften with more wear.

Good to hear thanks for the feedback. Wrist size wise we are similar in size and I ordered medium so that's reassuring.

Would love to see some shots of the watch on your wrist!

I know it's large and pretty thick - how do you feel it wears..?
Old 30 April 2023, 07:42 PM   #130
Watch2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewatchidiot View Post

I have no issue with the OEM strap except it is a bit short. The Delugs strap is similar in feel to the OEM strap probably because of their chunky nature. As I rotate my watches, I am unable to tell whether the strap will become more flexible over time since I have no chunky straps before this. I am assuming regular wear will soften both straps though.
Watch2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 11:09 PM   #131
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

M.a.d.1 red raffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
If someone has a Blue one for reasonable ask.....

Still loving your red it seems! How's the accuracy been?
Old 1 May 2023, 01:36 AM   #132
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
I am curious if the MB&F folks improved on the base Miyota movement. Below is a description of the accuracy.

Miyota claims the caliber 821A has an accuracy rating of -20 ~ +40 seconds per day. This is only measured within 10 to 60 minutes from a full power reserve.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 01:50 AM   #133
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Accuracy has been fine and still loving it. Wore it last weekend while my wife shopped

Just did a full wind and then a quick visit to the timegrapher (lift angle at 49). Looks ok to me (note, i didn't wait during the side pic for things to settle down). As well said below, it's not really about accuracy... it's a totally cool and fun timepiece to wear. It does seem to spark interest and conversation even with non-timepiece folks.

top.jpg

side.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 01:56 AM   #134
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan2009 View Post
I am curious if the MB&F folks improved on the base Miyota movement. Below is a description of the accuracy.

Miyota claims the caliber 821A has an accuracy rating of -20 ~ +40 seconds per day. This is only measured within 10 to 60 minutes from a full power reserve.

I love the watch but accuracy is not its strong point. (At all)

I “enjoy” my interaction with the crown every few days if you get what I mean.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2023, 12:01 AM   #135
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Waited till pretty much the last minute to order Big Red. Really struggled between it and the the Bel Canto. I'm hoping the Bel Canto sticks around till next year. And hoping the MAD1 shows up in time for my b-day in December.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2023, 12:03 AM   #136
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
Waited till pretty much the last minute to order Big Red. Really struggled between it and the the Bel Canto. I'm hoping the Bel Canto sticks around till next year. And hoping the MAD1 shows up in time for my b-day in December.

Congrats in advance! Received mine about 2 weeks ago. You will love it!!

travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2023, 01:53 AM   #137
WatchTimes
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
The more I see these the more I want one!
Really a cool watch!
Congrats to those who were lucky enough to be able to get one!
IF secondary ever goes down I may snag one but not at the asking prices I've seen.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2023, 02:45 AM   #138
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
The more I see these the more I want one!
Really a cool watch!
Congrats to those who were lucky enough to be able to get one!
IF secondary ever goes down I may snag one but not at the asking prices I've seen.

Prices secondary on these were north of $10k at one point and have dropped significantly (which is nuts). I think I saw a few listed at around $5k recently.
Old 16 May 2023, 05:02 AM   #139
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansharma View Post
Unfortunately also unsuccessful in the raffle for the second time. Oh well…I have a purple Bel Canto incoming (no raffle needed) and have this gorgeous AP on my wrist which will hopefully bring a little cheer to those also unlucky.

I want the orangy dial Bel Canto but dont wanna put a deposit for a 2024 delivery yikes
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2023, 02:39 AM   #140
buddenfan
Banned

For those who have seen both MAD watches in person which is nicer? Blue and white or the black red
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2023, 10:43 PM   #141
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
i have yet to see one in the flesh - but the price difference between the two is significant - the red on chrono continues to drop - currently lowest one i saw was in $5k range - while the blue is almost 2x asking.
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2023, 11:26 PM   #142
tufa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgg43c View Post
i have yet to see one in the flesh - but the price difference between the two is significant - the red on chrono continues to drop - currently lowest one i saw was in $5k range - while the blue is almost 2x asking.
Blue is only for MB&F Tribe members, so significantly less available compared to the Red. Probably 2/3rd of the people who entered the raffle of Red also bought it for profit..
Old 18 May 2023, 12:48 AM   #143
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Blue is only for MB&F Tribe members, so significantly less available compared to the Red. Probably 2/3rd of the people who entered the raffle of Red also bought it for profit..

Which of course the brand claim to hate (I've spoken to max about this at an event) but resellers help with hype and hype is great branding for them.
wb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2023, 11:09 PM   #144
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

I ordered mine about a half hour after recieving the email notice and just recieved the watch yesterday.

Overall I'd say it is much like described in this thread. It is carnival ride in that it is big, loud, and fun. Very much outside of my normal aesthetic, but I love the story and what it means. I'll wear it when I want something fun and a talking point.
flyguy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2023, 12:21 AM   #145
tufa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy33 View Post
I ordered mine about a half hour after recieving the email notice and just recieved the watch yesterday.

Overall I'd say it is much like described in this thread. It is carnival ride in that it is big, loud, and fun. Very much outside of my normal aesthetic, but I love the story and what it means. I'll wear it when I want something fun and a talking point.
Was yours first or second round?
Old 21 May 2023, 11:57 PM   #146
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy33 View Post

Quote:
Was yours first or second round?

+1 wondering if you were in the original lotto or the second round
Old 25 May 2023, 01:13 PM   #147
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Just got an email that my second raffle draw would be shipped by end of Aug at the latest.
Old 25 May 2023, 06:18 PM   #148
tufa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just got an email that my second raffle draw would be shipped by end of Aug at the latest.
For me its end of September. I placed the order 3 minutes after I received the email for the second raffle
Old 25 May 2023, 10:42 PM   #149
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
I got the same email. I’m so happy I’ll get to enjoy this with the summer/fall weather.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 12:59 AM   #150
Noahgraph
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
I put in the order just minutes after the raffle was in my favour and already recieved it two weeks ago. The rotor is a little underwhelming. It is hard to get it spinning. There is also a wobble in it actually making me wonder if it has an issue. It is also very very loud. Besides that it is a cool piece nonetheless.
Noahgraph is offline   Reply With Quote