The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 May 2023, 05:00 PM   #1
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 279171-0001
Italian Translation Request #3

I'm stumped, again. I'll just paste in the link to the document page, because I don't think I can reduce it enough to fit within the allowed parameters and still be legible. It's record #1 (left-hand page of the two pages) on this - Italian Archive

This is the marriage record for Cesare Perlini, age 56, and Cristina Bonomi, age 33. Cesare's parents are both deceased. I cannot decipher what his father's name is. His mother's name is Lucia Bonomo. Cristina's father, Francesco Bonomi, is deceased. Her mother, Maria Palombo, is still living.

The bottom part of the document, in addition to the information of the publication of the marriage banns, has information about three children (tre figli) born to this couple prior to their marriage, who are now legitimized. In addition to figuring out what Cesare's father's name is, I need help with figuring out the names/info about the three children. It looks like the first-born child's birth was reported on 07 Mar 1877 and is record number 9 for that year, but I can't figure out the child's name. I see "col nome di" and then what looks like Pulina, but I have doubts that this is correct.

The second child's name is Olga. Does this say she was born 24 Feb 1880? (I see "corrente anno" and this is an 1880 marriage record.) Or is that date for the third child? I would think it's more likely for the third child, since the marriage was in May 1880. If so, what's Olga's birth date? At any rate. for the third child I see "col nome di" but cannot tell what the name is.

A big THANK YOU in advance to anyone who can decipher this!!
KathleenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 06:33 PM   #2
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenL View Post
This is the marriage record for Cesare Perlini, age 56, and Cristina Bonomi, age 33. Cesare's parents are both deceased. I cannot decipher what his father's name is.
Baldassare.

Quote:
I need help with figuring out the names/info about the three children. It looks like the first-born child's birth was reported on 07 Mar 1877 and is record number 9 for that year, but I can't figure out the child's name. I see "col nome di" and then what looks like Pulina, but I have doubts that this is correct.
It's Perlina ("little pearl").

Quote:
The second child's name is Olga. Does this say she was born 24 Feb 1880? (I see "corrente anno" and this is an 1880 marriage record.) Or is that date for the third child?
I believe 24/02/1880 is the birth date of the third child.

Quote:
If so, what's Olga's birth date?
For what I understand Perlina e Olga were twins, born the same day and recorded as number 9 and 10 (take this with a grain of salt).

Quote:
At any rate. for the third child I see "col nome di" but cannot tell what the name is.
The third child's name was Agenore.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 04:17 AM   #3
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 279171-0001
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Baldassare.
Ah, of course! The way the B was written confused me. I couldn't figure out what it was.

Quote:
It's Perlina ("little pearl").
Thank you. I should have been able to get that one!

Quote:
I believe 24/02/1880 is the birth date of the third child.
Yes, that's what I thought, because it's just a few months before the wedding.

Quote:
For what I understand Perlina e Olga were twins, born the same day and recorded as number 9 and 10 (take this with a grain of salt).
Yes, I thought that perhaps they were twins, but I didn't see the word "gemelli" which made me doubt myself. Thank you!

Quote:
The third child's name was Agenore.
Now that I now what it is, I can see it. I have not come across that name before, but now that I have, I will be able to recognize it.

THANK YOU once again for coming to my rescue!
KathleenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 06:28 PM   #4
fmc000
Banned

Really my pleasure!
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote