The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 30 November 2021, 01:25 AM   #1
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Got my booster today

And I’ll thrilled about it.

Waited as long as I thought responsible for the first round. Figured there were many that needed before me.

But with this time, it was simply a walk-in fluke at my CVS. And I’m pumped. One less thing to worry about.

And while I do understand some of the hoopla by the anti vaxers, this really seems like a no brainer to me. Based on everything I have seen, no real concerns with getting the vaccine. But some valid concerns of not getting it.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 30 November 2021, 01:30 AM   #2
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
I got mine over a month ago along with the Flu shot. As soon as I qualify for either the vaccine or booster I've always tried to get it as soon as possible.

I also got my vaccine for shingles earlier this year which is another thing I would like to avoid getting if at all possible.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 30 November 2021, 01:43 AM   #3
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Hoping that there are no ill side effects Seth.

I'm out of the country for a week in December and then in Breckridge the following week so I am waiting for I do not want to have any adverse effects from the shot interfering with my travel plans.

Right after the holidays I'll be getting the booster shot too.
Old 30 November 2021, 02:22 AM   #4
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

I had my second Moderna jab a couple weeks ago and was slow and achy for 24 hours. I actually thought the shingles vaccine was worse for me. Felt like crap for two days after each one.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 30 November 2021, 02:27 AM   #5
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

So far, feel fine. But it’s a busy day right now. We will see for later.

First two, just had a sore arm for a bit.

I’m hopeful it’ll be the same. Gotta repeat tho, very glad I have it done. One less thing to think about. One less thing to worry about.

Old 30 November 2021, 02:27 AM   #6
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Third jab one week ago today. Half dose on booster(Moderna) and honestly didn’t feel the prick. 24 hrs later my jab soreness kicked in and was worse than the first two. I can’t figure it out but hope you don’t have what I did.
Old 30 November 2021, 02:30 AM   #7
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
So far, feel fine. But it’s a busy day right now. We will see for later.

First two, just had a sore arm for a bit.

I’m hopeful it’ll be the same. Gotta repeat tho, very glad I have it done. One less thing to think about. One less thing to worry about.
Oops sorry. Your latest post hadn’t posted while I was replying.
Old 30 November 2021, 02:38 AM   #8
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Nice. I was going to get the boost and then I got covid last week. All better now but I’m left wondering if the booster makes sense for me having just recovered. Guess some reading is in order or just call the doc.
Old 30 November 2021, 02:39 AM   #9
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Good on ya', Seth! Did the same a few weeks ago.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Old 30 November 2021, 02:41 AM   #10
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Good job.

I got my booster a few weeks ago.

Glad I’m pumped up for the time being.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Old 30 November 2021, 02:43 AM   #11
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Got my booster today

Quote:

Waited as long as I thought responsible for the first round. Figured there were many that needed before me.

But with this time, it was simply a walk-in fluke at my CVS. And I’m pumped. One less thing to worry about.

And while I do understand some of the hoopla by the anti vaxers, this really seems like a no brainer to me. Based on everything I have seen, no real concerns with getting the vaccine. But some valid concerns of not getting it.

Awesome! Hopefully you have and maintain the same energy and enthusiasm for the yearly flu shot . Also a good time to make sure you’re up to date on other vaccines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 November 2021, 03:03 AM   #12
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Got boosted as soon as they came out. I am so used to wearing a mask now, I kind of like it.

Besides the obvious, still wearing a mask has been nice as it has gotten colder. My face is way warmer :)
Old 30 November 2021, 03:08 AM   #13
Uggi
Banned

Quote:

Got my booster yesterday. Be curious to hear the valid concerns of not getting jabbed. Not trying to be political here, just curious to hear these views from anyone as I’ve not yet heard any which make sense to me. It’s possible I’m just too cynical to be an anti-vaxxer.
Old 30 November 2021, 03:23 AM   #14
JodyHighroller
Banned

Has anyone had any lingering side effects from the first round of shots? I’m at my sixth month and still having a mild issue I’m sorting with my doc. My fear is if I go with the same shot again (Pfizer), it’ll worsen it again. I’m thinking about switching to Moderna in hopes to avoid.
Old 30 November 2021, 03:24 AM   #15
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Got my J&J booster a few weeks ago before heading back to Europe this week.

Sure hope Biden lets me back in the US next week since the newest strain is now here in Portugal .

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 30 November 2021, 03:30 AM   #16
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
I got my Moderna booster 10 days ago at the same time that my little guys got their first shots. I got chills during the first night and felt wiped out the next day. I had a really sore arm this time with phantom pain in the same spot on the opposite arm! All in all it went well.

I didn't feel anywhere near as bad as I did from my 2nd shot, though. That one kicked my butt and actually gave me tinnitus, which I am still dealing with today. I am one of the rare birds who have gotten tinnitus from the vaccine. I reported it with the CDC's vaccine adverse response people and I submit a daily report on how I am feeling. My symptoms had finally subsided a little bit before the booster and I was really worried that the booster would exacerbate it. Sure enough, it did, but it was not like stacking the first effect on top of another full effect. I would say the tinnitus ramped up back to the level where it was right after I got the 2nd shot, where I can literally hear the high pitched ring again as though it's coming from an external source. Honestly, if I didn't know what it was and you were here in the room with me, I would ask you if you could also hear that high pitched ringing.

It's worth it for the protection, though. Despite being fully vaccinated and doing everything right, my wife got Covid in September and it was serious. If she had not been vaccinated she for sure would have been hospitalized and on oxygen, or worse. Our good friend is the head of ER medicine for one of the largest hospital systems here and he said based on the severity of her symptoms, it definitely kept her out of the hospital and likely saved her life.
Old 30 November 2021, 03:33 AM   #17
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Has anyone had any lingering side effects from the first round of shots? I’m at my sixth month and still having a mild issue I’m sorting with my doc. My fear is if I go with the same shot again (Pfizer), it’ll worsen it again. I’m thinking about switching to Moderna in hopes to avoid.
I just saw your post. See my other one. I got tinnitus from my 2nd Moderna dose. I filed an adverse response report with the CDC and every day I report my symptoms or how I am feeling through a portal. It finally got a little better right before getting my booster and now that put me right back to where I was after getting the 2nd dose.
Old 30 November 2021, 03:48 AM   #18
colpol
"TRF" Member

Got my 1st in April/ 2nd last day in June & due my booster next month (already pencilled in)

No side effects with first 2.
Old 30 November 2021, 03:53 AM   #19
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Nice. I was going to get the boost and then I got covid last week. All better now but I’m left wondering if the booster makes sense for me having just recovered. Guess some reading is in order or just call the doc.

I’m in the same boat. My doctor brother in law advised me to wait a few months. I wish there was more talk about breakthrough infections and boosters.

Old 30 November 2021, 04:39 AM   #20
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
Got my booster yesterday. Be curious to hear the valid concerns of not getting jabbed. Not trying to be political here, just curious to hear these views from anyone as I’ve not yet heard any which make sense to me. It’s possible I’m just too cynical to be an anti-vaxxer.
There is strong evidence of clotting, heart issues and some nervous system issues. How common is of course very difficult to determine as it seems this isn’t desired to be known. If you look at VAERS there are over 18k reported deaths and many more adverse events. Those can all be dismissed by some people for some reason … but not everyone. In my view they label everything a Covid death and dismiss everything as not a vaccine side effect which is troubling. They actually don’t even consider someone vaccinated for 2 weeks after the shot for their tracking of issues.

If you want to see some of the concerning red flags look into the large number of professional athletes dying or retiring with heart issues this year.
Old 30 November 2021, 04:42 AM   #21
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
In addition I’d look for the Israeli study which compared the protection. As someone who’s recovered I’m not getting the shot as I have low to no risk from Covid and actual risk from vaccine (of unknown size).

Takeaway of the large study was that prior infection provided 13-27 time better protection for infection/symptoms.
Old 30 November 2021, 04:49 AM   #22
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
I’m in the same boat. My doctor brother in law advised me to wait a few months. I wish there was more talk about breakthrough infections and boosters.

Yeah I assume that would be the standard advice. Now with new variants and possibly new formulation it seems to make even more sense. Idk this whole thing is #%^**
Old 30 November 2021, 04:50 AM   #23
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
In addition I’d look for the Israeli study which compared the protection. As someone who’s recovered I’m not getting the shot as I have low to no risk from Covid and actual risk from vaccine (of unknown size).

Takeaway of the large study was that prior infection provided 13-27 time better protection for infection/symptoms.

Yeah I’ve definitely heard that opinion as well on joe rogan haha
Old 30 November 2021, 04:54 AM   #24
alllexandru

2+1 here/checked
first two A.Z and booster was Pfizer
Old 30 November 2021, 04:55 AM   #25
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Despite working throughout the “pandemic,” and being exposed to all of the same things that everyone else has been exposed to over the last two years, I’ve not had so much as a cough or sneeze. I’m not messing with that track record.
Old 30 November 2021, 05:05 AM   #26
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Good for you Seth! I will also get the booster when available here. For now they started booster doses for the higher risk and elderly first. Then on to the common folk!

Old 30 November 2021, 05:05 AM   #27
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
Not trying to be political here, just curious to hear these views from anyone as I’ve not yet heard any which make sense to me.
Extraordinarily high rates of myocarditis and pericarditis. That's basically it. There is a 2021 myocarditis surge; there was no 2020 myocarditis surge so it's not unreasonable to question the safety of these vaccines.
Old 30 November 2021, 05:06 AM   #28
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Awesome! Hopefully you have and maintain the same energy and enthusiasm for the yearly flu shot . Also a good time to make sure you’re up to date on other vaccines

always get the flu shot. with you there.

Old 30 November 2021, 05:06 AM   #29
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I had the booster about three weeks ago, although I I had no side effects with the first two, I had a really sore arm for a day after the booster. All is good though.

DAVE

Old 30 November 2021, 05:12 AM   #30
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I keep bugging my son to get the booster, he is working in Jersey city. Am I correct in assuming that in the US one can just "walk in" for the booster? He got the 2 previous doses there.

DAVE

Closed Thread