The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 November 2017, 10:37 AM   #31
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
As reasonable expectation as that is, I don’t recall reading that AP gives such an extension
Then you should request it. Why should you be inconvenienced and deprived of the ability to wear it through their incompetence?
A week or two, tops, I’d give the brand a bye-ball, but when you’re into 2 months or more, not a chance.
Executing a fix at no cost is not compensation for it going wrong in the first place – that’s a mandatory obligation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
Never get a 3126 powered Offshore out of warranty.
Why?
You’re saving money based on the fact the watch has sustained wear and tear to all elements of it.
Any negotiating is going to be in line with ensuring all or most of the necessary funds are accounted for, in case it needs a service within the first 2-3 years of ownership.
Anyone not thinking along those lines when considering any pre-owned/NOS purchase needs their head examined – or they’ve simply got more money than sense or know what to do with.
Buying pre-owned is often the smartest way to get the best value for the expenditure.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2017, 12:38 PM   #32
VICI
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: Mr_Right_NYC
It’s certainly frustrating to spend a decent amount on a time piece and then experience quality issues.

Although their service centers are excellent, I’d rather not know them on a first name basis
VICI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2017, 03:23 PM   #33
aleeboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Then you should request it. Why should you be inconvenienced and deprived of the ability to wear it through their incompetence?
A week or two, tops, I’d give the brand a bye-ball, but when you’re into 2 months or more, not a chance.
Executing a fix at no cost is not compensation for it going wrong in the first place – that’s a mandatory obligation.

Why?
You’re saving money based on the fact the watch has sustained wear and tear to all elements of it.
Any negotiating is going to be in line with ensuring all or most of the necessary funds are accounted for, in case it needs a service within the first 2-3 years of ownership.
Anyone not thinking along those lines when considering any pre-owned/NOS purchase needs their head examined – or they’ve simply got more money than sense or know what to do with.
Buying pre-owned is often the smartest way to get the best value for the expenditure.
Why?

There are problems that come with wear & tear.

There are other problems that come with Calibre defects off the production line. In case you can’t comprehend the difference, please have yourself examined.
aleeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2017, 01:38 AM   #34
PJ S
Banned

^
No need, I’m fine – and I’ve the certificate of origin to prove it!

You can’t advocate to steer clear of pre-owned watches like the ROOC purely because a few owners have had a shared experience of theirs being faulty.
When buying a used watch, irrespective of brand, you make sure you buy at a price that takes into account its age, condition, and that if it needs a repair, you still come out financially better off than if just bought brand new – that’s plain ol’ common sense.

By way of example using numbers…

Watch A – brand new, 3 years warranty, $30K MRSP, can be had for $25K.
Watch B – 3-4 years old, no service history, priced at $21K, pretty mint apart from buckle showing usual desk diving wear.

Straight away you’re up 4K, but no-one ever pays the asking price, so you negotiate another 800-1500 off, knowing if it needs a service or repair, you’re still well up.

In other words, there is absolutely no rhyme nor reason for giving secondhand modern day watches a wide berth, and to suggest doing so is just plain daft.
Old 29 November 2017, 01:53 AM   #35
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
^
No need, I’m fine – and I’ve the certificate of origin to prove it!

You can’t advocate to steer clear of pre-owned watches like the ROOC purely because a few owners have had a shared experience of theirs being faulty.
When buying a used watch, irrespective of brand, you make sure you buy at a price that takes into account its age, condition, and that if it needs a repair, you still come out financially better off than if just bought brand new – that’s plain ol’ common sense.

By way of example using numbers…

Watch A – brand new, 3 years warranty, $30K MRSP, can be had for $25K.
Watch B – 3-4 years old, no service history, priced at $21K, pretty mint apart from buckle showing usual desk diving wear.

Straight away you’re up 4K, but no-one ever pays the asking price, so you negotiate another 800-1500 off, knowing if it needs a service or repair, you’re still well up.

In other words, there is absolutely no rhyme nor reason for giving secondhand modern day watches a wide berth, and to suggest doing so is just plain daft.
I agree with your logic here. However the spread would need to be larger for me to buy out of warranty and used in this hypothetical scenario. There are issues and its more than a few and repair bills would negate a lot of the savings. Im not saying its a bad idea just that they savings need to be enough to still be a good deal with a potential repair factored in. Taking the savings down to 2k or less, i see no benefit of buying used and out of warranty.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2017, 02:59 AM   #36
PJ S
Banned

^
Don’t fixate on the actual numbers, they were mostly plucked out of thin air purely to illustrate the illogical nature of decrying buying a used ROOC just because it might need more than just a service.
The point being that if buying from a reputable dealer, they will provide their own 12 month warranty on such watches, and if you did need APSC to fix the one you’ve bought, you’ll have 2 years warranty thereafter to benefit from or pass on to the new owner (should you decide to move it on for whatever reason).
Each person will decide for themselves what the cost saving means to them and if it’s worth it – just like they do when justifying spending that sort of money on a watch in the first place.
Old 29 November 2017, 05:34 AM   #37
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
^
Don’t fixate on the actual numbers, they were mostly plucked out of thin air purely to illustrate the illogical nature of decrying buying a used ROOC just because it might need more than just a service.
The point being that if buying from a reputable dealer, they will provide their own 12 month warranty on such watches, and if you did need APSC to fix the one you’ve bought, you’ll have 2 years warranty thereafter to benefit from or pass on to the new owner (should you decide to move it on for whatever reason).
Each person will decide for themselves what the cost saving means to them and if it’s worth it – just like they do when justifying spending that sort of money on a watch in the first place.
I am agree with you but!
But I buy it from Boutique new, unworn Friday and Monday go back because the watch are defects. What I do wrong my friend?
Onesty maybe in UE it’s better to buy it on line new or preowned because in a case like my case I can send it back in 30 day and money back.
I buy from AP Boutique and in this case even I buy the watch Friday and Monday morning go back the watch it’s not change and you can ask for total refound.
And after the watch come back from service after 2 week stop again!
I love AP ROO but I preffer to wait till they launch new in house movement.
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2017, 09:50 AM   #38
G'ed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes77 View Post
I am agree with you but!
But I buy it from Boutique new, unworn Friday and Monday go back because the watch are defects. What I do wrong my friend?
Onesty maybe in UE it’s better to buy it on line new or preowned because in a case like my case I can send it back in 30 day and money back.
I buy from AP Boutique and in this case even I buy the watch Friday and Monday morning go back the watch it’s not change and you can ask for total refound.
And after the watch come back from service after 2 week stop again!
I love AP ROO but I preffer to wait till they launch new in house movement.
With their track record, older movement is still problematic. How you expect a new movement to be reliable?
G'ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2017, 12:11 PM   #39
RM_JEDI
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15400 ST B.dial
Call directly the APSC center in Florida

you should try an contact directly the APSC center in Florida (727) 467-0940. I contact them regurlarly and the girls at the Center are extreemly helpful. Besides just trying to send the watchvto get looked at.. worst is theyll tell you you will have to pay extra for fixing it. If you decline just pay the shipping back. BUT FIRST speak with the girls at that APSC. Where did you buy the watch? since when has the warranty been running?? Now some watches warramtiers run al the way up to 5 yrs. Let me know what they say at the APSC
RM_JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 02:27 PM   #40
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
Unfortunately you can add me to the list. As soon as I take it off 10 hours later it's hours behind. What can you do. First problem I've had with AP.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote