The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 December 2018, 07:53 PM   #61
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Many moons ago, when I had company cars, a new car that was delivered to my local dealer came into contact with another car in the workshop when it was being prepared for me. This resulted in a delay while they fixed the scuff. It was an accident pure and simple. These things happen. They were professional about it. The car was presented to me in immaculate condition. Like all new goods should be.

I'm both relieved and encouraged that those who think that pre purchase damage, even if not spotted at the point of purchase, is all the customer's fault, do not run dealerships.

Thinking back again to my vinyl buying music days, there were a number of outlets in my town. The shops or departments who survived the longest were the ones who would refund on or exchange duff pressings. One shop in particular, who seemed to have a policy of never accepting faulty goods back once they had been purchased, lasted about 2-3 years. When they unexpectedly closed, amidst much winging and howling from the owner about how much misery he was in, nobody shed a tear.

You can take it off people for as long as you can bleed them, or you can make people want to walk in and give you more and more of their money. One model has a long term future.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 08:15 PM   #62
Pavlos
"TRF" Member

This type of dent or scratch is inevitable at some point. If it is too much for you, worst case you swallow cost and rsc can provided a new one at your cost. Maybe rsc can polish original dent out?

Out of interest has watch been sized to your wrist? If no how could you damage it? If yes your word V them.

Sorry to hear this.
Pavlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 11:03 PM   #63
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
Have fun hiring a lawyer after the store trespasses you and sends you a C&D for slander and contract interference.
Truth is a defense to slander.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 11:10 PM   #64
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
When I buy a new item, especially one of significant value, I make sure I go over it with a fine toothed comb. One of my friends had a big blow up with a dealer over a damaged car he ordered. Ultimately he refused delivery and had to threaten litigation.
Nobody’s watching out for you but you.
Dr. Brian is spot on (IMO).