The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 August 2023, 02:08 AM   #4531
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member
 
bmwsubmariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: US
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplorerI View Post
Yes Iíve bought from Loupe and this is correct the displayed price is inclusive of the fee. Overall I think itís a good place to buy from their communication was professional, accurate photos and description, shipped quickly and I think the prices arenít bad for a retail setting.
Thanks for the feedback. Was hoping to get some real world experience from someone that bought from them. Just curious, did they charge you tax? Iím sure inside of CA they do, but not sure if they do for outside of CA.
bmwsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2023, 02:36 AM   #4532
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: USA
Watch: Explorer I
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsubmariner View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Was hoping to get some real world experience from someone that bought from them. Just curious, did they charge you tax? Iím sure inside of CA they do, but not sure if they do for outside of CA.
They said it depends on the state but they did not have to collect tax shipping to me.
ExplorerI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2023, 03:23 AM   #4533
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: SF Bay Area
Watch: Submariner 14060M
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsubmariner View Post
The sold price actually calculates in the buyers fee of 10%. Look at the bid history. Last bid is $22,500. 10% is $2250. Hence $24,750. Itís a bit confusing because the current bid price is without premium but sold price is with premium. Was confusing for me at first too.
That is a pleasant surprise! Thanks for the correction!

With the $500 sellerís fee, that means the seller only netted $22,000 from the sale. Not sure if any Moda dealers will be willing to sell you a similar condition Daytona for that price.

At least not yet, lol
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2023, 12:07 AM   #4534
Kliminator
2023 Pledge Member
 
Kliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplorerI View Post
Yes Iíve bought from Loupe and this is correct the displayed price is inclusive of the fee. Overall I think itís a good place to buy from their communication was professional, accurate photos and description, shipped quickly and I think the prices arenít bad for a retail setting.

How quickly after auction closed did they ship? After payment - Did the overnight it the next day or did it take longer..?
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2023, 02:07 AM   #4535
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC
Posts: 260
Are there any real end users in this hobby or just dealers passing back and forth?

15503BC White Gold Blue Dial AP Japan edition continues to endlessly pop up and the price line of 87-88K is crumbling.

Now we have a case of two sellers who either just mean it's /300 or don't realize they are implying it's unit 1 of 300 on both of the two most recent postings.

Seller 1 for 79.5 ... posted 3 hours ago.
Seller 2 for 82.9 ... posted 11 hours ago.
Seller 3 for 84.6 ... posted 1 day ago.
Seller 4 for 87.0 ... posted 2 days ago.
Seller 5 for 87.0 ... posted 6 days ago.
Seller 6 for 88.0 ... posted 12 days ago.

6 different sellers and none marked sold last two weeks.

One of these sellers has posted and marked it sold 3 out of 6 total sales posts over the last few months. Is this really selling? Is he really on his 4th unit /300 of this watch?
__________________
Modern: 116610LV / 114300 / AP 15202ST
Vintage: 1016 - Gilt Chapter Ring Underline + Exclamation Point / 16618 - Black / 1803 Orange Stella Dial
soicanbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2023, 02:39 AM   #4536
mwc5k
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Seattle
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by soicanbefree View Post
Are there any real end users in this hobby or just dealers passing back and forth?

15503BC White Gold Blue Dial AP Japan edition continues to endlessly pop up and the price line of 87-88K is crumbling.

Now we have a case of two sellers who either just mean it's /300 or don't realize they are implying it's unit 1 of 300 on both of the two most recent postings.

Seller 1 for 79.5 ... posted 3 hours ago.
Seller 2 for 82.9 ... posted 11 hours ago.
Seller 3 for 84.6 ... posted 1 day ago.
Seller 4 for 87.0 ... posted 2 days ago.
Seller 5 for 87.0 ... posted 6 days ago.
Seller 6 for 88.0 ... posted 12 days ago.

6 different sellers and none marked sold last two weeks.

One of these sellers has posted and marked it sold 3 out of 6 total sales posts over the last few months. Is this really selling? Is he really on his 4th unit /300 of this watch?
Itís happening :)
mwc5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2023, 02:44 AM   #4537
dmash
2023 ROLEX EXPLORER 40 Pledge Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by soicanbefree View Post
Are there any real end users in this hobby or just dealers passing back and forth?

15503BC White Gold Blue Dial AP Japan edition continues to endlessly pop up and the price line of 87-88K is crumbling.

Now we have a case of two sellers who either just mean it's /300 or don't realize they are implying it's unit 1 of 300 on both of the two most recent postings.

Seller 1 for 79.5 ... posted 3 hours ago.
Seller 2 for 82.9 ... posted 11 hours ago.
Seller 3 for 84.6 ... posted 1 day ago.
Seller 4 for 87.0 ... posted 2 days ago.
Seller 5 for 87.0 ... posted 6 days ago.
Seller 6 for 88.0 ... posted 12 days ago.

6 different sellers and none marked sold last two weeks.

One of these sellers has posted and marked it sold 3 out of 6 total sales posts over the last few months. Is this really selling? Is he really on his 4th unit /300 of this watch?

I just posted about this a page or two back. It's obvious those 6 guys are all in cahoots and they're falsely listing as 'sold'. It's laughable. Look at the clear downward trajectory in their ask.

I swear, some of these guys think other people are so stupid.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 11:52 PM   #4538
Wrist King
2023 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Hong Kong
Watch: 16610 Sub, 16710 P
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
This was a forum started mainly for about the history and watches made by the RWC over the past 100 odd years. Now today Rolex watches have become little more than ££$$ÄÄ object things and nothing more. The history of the brand has gone, now its value this or that, and silly nicknames, or worring and fretting over the slightest scratch, or a second or so out of 86400 seconds in a day.

This is a bit melodramatic mate. History doesnít disappear !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrist King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 12:37 AM   #4539
GB-man
2023 Pledge Member
 
GB-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Watch: addiction issues
Posts: 36,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by soicanbefree View Post
Are there any real end users in this hobby or just dealers passing back and forth?

15503BC White Gold Blue Dial AP Japan edition continues to endlessly pop up and the price line of 87-88K is crumbling.

Now we have a case of two sellers who either just mean it's /300 or don't realize they are implying it's unit 1 of 300 on both of the two most recent postings.

Seller 1 for 79.5 ... posted 3 hours ago.
Seller 2 for 82.9 ... posted 11 hours ago.
Seller 3 for 84.6 ... posted 1 day ago.
Seller 4 for 87.0 ... posted 2 days ago.
Seller 5 for 87.0 ... posted 6 days ago.
Seller 6 for 88.0 ... posted 12 days ago.

6 different sellers and none marked sold last two weeks.

One of these sellers has posted and marked it sold 3 out of 6 total sales posts over the last few months. Is this really selling? Is he really on his 4th unit /300 of this watch?
That's a watch many would pass on because they can get the steel blue for half the money. Similar fate to the WG sub, WG Pepsi.
__________________
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 04:33 AM   #4540
dmash
2023 ROLEX EXPLORER 40 Pledge Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
That's a watch many would pass on because they can get the steel blue for half the money. Similar fate to the WG sub, WG Pepsi.
I am in the 0.0001% (or less) minority that loves this. And hope the WG RO is offered to me. I want it over the steel counterpart as a duo with my WG Diver I love the ‘stealth wealth’ look of AP white gold with just a small touch or two that only a real enthusiast would see :)
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 05:13 AM   #4541
GB-man
2023 Pledge Member
 
GB-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Watch: addiction issues
Posts: 36,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I am in the 0.0001% (or less) minority that loves this. And hope the WG RO is offered to me. I want it over the steel counterpart as a duo with my WG Diver I love the Ďstealth wealthí look of AP white gold with just a small touch or two that only a real enthusiast would see :)

Hey man this is a hobby filled with lunatics youíre no different haha I tend to favor metals like ti and steel for comfort, durability and price.
__________________
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 05:26 AM   #4542
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: USA
Watch: Explorer I
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
How quickly after auction closed did they ship? After payment - Did the overnight it the next day or did it take longer..?
If I remember correctly they overnighted same day they got the wire.
ExplorerI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 03:29 PM   #4543
Kliminator
2023 Pledge Member
 
Kliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,343
Daytona full set 2022 with an extra super jubilee bracelet $31k - been sitting for 12 hours on Moda
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2023, 08:31 AM   #4544
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member
 
bmwsubmariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: US
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Daytona full set 2022 with an extra super jubilee bracelet $31k - been sitting for 12 hours on Moda
Even with the Super Jubilee, thinking that is for a Panda. Tropical Watch just listed a fullset 2019 Black dial for $26,950. A bit high, but still more reasonable than some of the gray dealers living in 2021/2022. He also has a 116520, card only for $20,650. If only I liked the 520 as much as I do the 500.
bmwsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2023, 10:00 AM   #4545
Etschell
"TRF" Member
 
Etschell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: FL
Watch: platinum sub
Posts: 15,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsubmariner View Post
Even with the Super Jubilee, thinking that is for a Panda. Tropical Watch just listed a fullset 2019 Black dial for $26,950. A bit high, but still more reasonable than some of the gray dealers living in 2021/2022. He also has a 116520, card only for $20,650. If only I liked the 520 as much as I do the 500.
If you are buying a cermaic daytona over a zenith for more money you are an inept collector imo. I'm not holding back any longer. Not you but other buyers in general.
__________________
If you wind it, they will run.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2023, 11:58 AM   #4546
Kliminator
2023 Pledge Member
 
Kliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsubmariner View Post
Even with the Super Jubilee, thinking that is for a Panda. Tropical Watch just listed a fullset 2019 Black dial for $26,950. A bit high, but still more reasonable than some of the gray dealers living in 2021/2022. He also has a 116520, card only for $20,650. If only I liked the 520 as much as I do the 500.

It is for a panda. The black dial trades a few thousand less
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2023, 03:29 PM   #4547
Nicof
"TRF" Member
 
Nicof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
If you are buying a cermaic daytona over a zenith for more money you are an inept collector imo. I'm not holding back any longer. Not you but other buyers in general.

116520 isnít the zenithÖ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 05:09 AM   #4548
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC
Posts: 260
Let's do this again for fun. 15503BC Japan Edition limited to 300.

3 hours ago - 80K "Post will be removed later" In comments "How is this not sold" reply "Have no clue"
1 day ago - 78.5K "ONE DAY BLOW OUT SALE"
1 day ago - 82.9K "PRICED TO SELL"
4 days ago - 79.5K "Cheapest around"
Aug 16 - 87K "Steal it at 87K"
Aug 13 - 87K
Aug 7 - 88K - somehow exciting enough to generate 48 likes and 34 comments including "you are printing these at this point"

Not a single marked sold in August with 7 separate 15503 /300s for sale.
__________________
Modern: 116610LV / 114300 / AP 15202ST
Vintage: 1016 - Gilt Chapter Ring Underline + Exclamation Point / 16618 - Black / 1803 Orange Stella Dial
soicanbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 06:12 AM   #4549
Kliminator
2023 Pledge Member
 
Kliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by soicanbefree View Post
Let's do this again for fun. 15503BC Japan Edition limited to 300.

3 hours ago - 80K "Post will be removed later" In comments "How is this not sold" reply "Have no clue"
1 day ago - 78.5K "ONE DAY BLOW OUT SALE"
1 day ago - 82.9K "PRICED TO SELL"
4 days ago - 79.5K "Cheapest around"
Aug 16 - 87K "Steal it at 87K"
Aug 13 - 87K
Aug 7 - 88K - somehow exciting enough to generate 48 likes and 34 comments including "you are printing these at this point"

Not a single marked sold in August with 7 separate 15503 /300s for sale.

"cheap!!!"
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 07:21 AM   #4550
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member
 
bmwsubmariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: US
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
If you are buying a cermaic daytona over a zenith for more money you are an inept collector imo. I'm not holding back any longer. Not you but other buyers in general.
As mentioned below, I was mentioning 116520 (not Zenith) vs 116500. So a $6k spread for the ceramic.

Personally, I like the Zenith a lot and I also like the Ceramic a lot. Each of them have a place and I'd be happy buying either of them. For either I'd want papers/card at a minimum, but ideally a fullset. Then finding a clean Zenith is not easy and price is going to reflect that. Downside of course with the Ceramic is it's the less "enthusiast based" choice. But definitely prefer brushed lugs of Zenith. Prefer bracelet of Ceramic. We'll see where prices go on either of them and I'll make a decision. But if we see 116520's come down to high teens for a fullset from a reputable seller, that could be tempting.
bmwsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 08:09 AM   #4551
dmash
2023 ROLEX EXPLORER 40 Pledge Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by soicanbefree View Post
Let's do this again for fun. 15503BC Japan Edition limited to 300.

3 hours ago - 80K "Post will be removed later" In comments "How is this not sold" reply "Have no clue"
1 day ago - 78.5K "ONE DAY BLOW OUT SALE"
1 day ago - 82.9K "PRICED TO SELL"
4 days ago - 79.5K "Cheapest around"
Aug 16 - 87K "Steal it at 87K"
Aug 13 - 87K
Aug 7 - 88K - somehow exciting enough to generate 48 likes and 34 comments including "you are printing these at this point"

Not a single marked sold in August with 7 separate 15503 /300s for sale.




somebody should reply to that 'how has this not sold' comment with 'you mean for the 10th time this month?'
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 09:13 AM   #4552
Etschell
"TRF" Member
 
Etschell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: FL
Watch: platinum sub
Posts: 15,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicof View Post
116520 isnít the zenithÖ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a general observation. 116520s are far cheaper. You can grab one for 15k if you know the right people.
__________________
If you wind it, they will run.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 10:07 AM   #4553
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member
 
bmwsubmariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: US
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
It was a general observation. 116520s are far cheaper. You can grab one for 15k if you know the right people.
Reputable gray dealers? Or private? Thanks!
bmwsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 10:09 AM   #4554
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: USA
Watch: Explorer I
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post


somebody should reply to that 'how has this not sold' comment with 'you mean for the 10th time this month?'
Yeah these Japan royal oak posts are funny. Clearly way off the market with the pricing. I suspect they move closer to 60k
ExplorerI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 11:58 AM   #4555
rushca01
"TRF" Member
 
rushca01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Indiana
Watch: GMT BLRO
Posts: 1,640
Anyone know what the 116710 BLNR is going for currently?
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 02:08 PM   #4556
PBJ1925
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
PBJ1925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Real Name: Jay
Location: Bay Area, CA
Watch: 326934
Posts: 2,110
Tons of SkyDs available now a days for right around retail + tax for white/black. Under retail for OF/PM. Only version going over seem to be Blue / Green.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 02:36 PM   #4557
Radbloke
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
Anyone know what the 116710 BLNR is going for currently?
Current asks are between $13K to $14,500ish, depending on condition. These are sitting at the prices listed, so lower than above.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 02:40 PM   #4558
psm11
2023 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Watch: AP 15500
Posts: 683
Anyone see that Takuya has a 2023 BNIB panda Daytona listed for $38.6k!?? I really like Takuya and have bought pieces from him but kinda dumbfounded on that price. Seems outrageously high and not in line with market.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 02:46 PM   #4559
Radbloke
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Anyone see that Takuya has a 2023 BNIB panda Daytona listed for $38.6k!?? I really like Takuya and have bought pieces from him but kinda dumbfounded on that price. Seems outrageously high and not in line with market.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crikey. Well, thankfully there's an easy way for us to see if the asking price is in line with the market.

There's a rough as guts one listed a week ago for $24,999. Lots of scratches, watch only. Still sitting, understandably.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 03:12 PM   #4560
Andy0331
2023 ROLEX SS DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Anyone see that Takuya has a 2023 BNIB panda Daytona listed for $38.6k!?? I really like Takuya and have bought pieces from him but kinda dumbfounded on that price. Seems outrageously high and not in line with market.
Send him an offer, see what happens.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DavidSW Watches


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2023, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.