The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 October 2021, 03:01 AM   #151
Rolexandpatek
Banned

Fantastic home gym…I need the discipline to work out at Home…find it easier to go to a gym
Rolexandpatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2021, 01:46 PM   #152
seand442
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the Tonal and it should be delivered next week. Tried one out and it was legit. Not a lot of space in the house, so this should be a nice fitness upgrade.
Old 4 October 2021, 02:59 PM   #153
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Yes.

A functional trainer machine from Inspire, purchased from Costco. We have a bench and I think that came with it. They were sold out for months.

Treadmill.

Free weights and kettlebells of various sizes. We also got a set of those adjustable dumbbells.

We have the interlocking mats for the floor.

That gives us pretty much everything we need,
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 11:38 AM   #154
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-710 View Post
I figured I’d update this post based on some outstanding help I’ve been getting through pm from Donas (Wade). So the home renovation finished up last month. I’ve got the gym about 85% complete. Researching the right power rack right now due to low ceilings. After that just adding more plates and attachments for the rack.

Attachment 1246632

Attachment 1246633
Final stage. I’m not going to tell you guys what I told my wife. You wouldn’t believe me anyway. So instead of telling you it’s done. I’ll just say it’s almost done. Please forgive the bad photo editing I had to cover up stuff on the wall that had names on it.

77A0866F-B0AD-4DE6-85F4-6292785EB153.jpeg

52D61DF0-1269-4A27-BCD7-45C12BDD752D.jpeg
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 02:35 PM   #155
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Final stage. I’m not going to tell you guys what I told my wife. You wouldn’t believe me anyway. So instead of telling you it’s done. I’ll just say it’s almost done. Please forgive the bad photo editing I had to cover up stuff on the wall that had names on it.

Attachment 1289107

Attachment 1289108
Looks good! I guess the searching paid off, that squat rack if nice. Congrats.
I'm curious what had to be edited out lol.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 02:37 PM   #156
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
TK! Just incredible. Very cool.

My set-up is simply a flat bench, two dumbbells and a small bunch of different plates. Nothing worth photographing, but I enjoy having it nearby and keeping to a routine. When my local pool re-opens after major works, I think I’ll rejoin the gym connected to it though.
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 04:04 PM   #157
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Super

Quote:

Attachment 1289107

Attachment 1289108
cool setup.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 04:06 PM   #158
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Super

Quote:

Attachment 1289107

Attachment 1289108
cool setup.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 08:03 PM   #159
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
Looks good! I guess the searching paid off, that squat rack if nice. Congrats.
I'm curious what had to be edited out lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Boy View Post
TK! Just incredible. Very cool.

My set-up is simply a flat bench, two dumbbells and a small bunch of different plates. Nothing worth photographing, but I enjoy having it nearby and keeping to a routine. When my local pool re-opens after major works, I think I’ll rejoin the gym connected to it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
cool setup.
Thank you. After putting all that together and working out daily I can say that the hardest and longest workout I’ve ever had in that gym was changing a frayed walking belt on my treadmill. I’ll buy a whole new machine before I try that again.
Old 1 May 2022, 09:03 PM   #160
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Thank you. After putting all that together and working out daily I can say that the hardest and longest workout I’ve ever had in that gym was changing a frayed walking belt on my treadmill. I’ll buy a whole new machine before I try that again.
Looks great Please, not another treadmill down there
Old 1 May 2022, 10:21 PM   #161
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Attachment 1289107

Attachment 1289108
Very nice! I have a Rep PR4000 and I love that thing. We moved recently and I went from having a home gym room to a smaller combined office/gym, and man I'm jealous of your space. I had to downsize mine to a half-rack, which actually works fine for my needs. I'm debating getting the new Ares system as it doesn't really increase the footprint of the rack, but is leagues better than the current hacked together cable system I currently have and rarely use. Anyway, congratulations on a killer setup
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 11:03 PM   #162
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Very nice! I have a Rep PR4000 and I love that thing. We moved recently and I went from having a home gym room to a smaller combined office/gym, and man I'm jealous of your space. I had to downsize mine to a half-rack, which actually works fine for my needs. I'm debating getting the new Ares system as it doesn't really increase the footprint of the rack, but is leagues better than the current hacked together cable system I currently have and rarely use. Anyway, congratulations on a killer setup
Thank you.

The Ares looks great. But for now I’m going to pass on it despite how nice it looks. But if I ever move and have to start over it would be top of the list. I have their current latpull and it is not very smooth like a typical pulley system but it works well enough for the price.

I went with the 5000 and now that it’s all done and over I have no idea why I didn’t go 4000. The initial price seemed like it wouldn’t make a big difference but that was when I priced a four post rack. But now that it’s morphed into a six post with side rack plus all the attachments I didn’t plan on the cost difference is definitely noticeable for no noticeable function advantage. I mean if I was running a big ten football program I might need a 5000 but other than that a 4000 is far more than enough.
Old 1 May 2022, 11:04 PM   #163
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Looks great Please, not another treadmill down there
Come on! That was fun and no one got permanently injured.
Old 1 May 2022, 11:29 PM   #164
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you.

The Ares looks great. But for now I’m going to pass on it despite how nice it looks. But if I ever move and have to start over it would be top of the list. I have their current latpull and it is not very smooth like a typical pulley system but it works well enough for the price.

I went with the 5000 and now that it’s all done and over I have no idea why I didn’t go 4000. The initial price seemed like it wouldn’t make a big difference but that was when I priced a four post rack. But now that it’s morphed into a six post with side rack plus all the attachments I didn’t plan on the cost difference is definitely noticeable for no noticeable function advantage. I mean if I was running a big ten football program I might need a 5000 but other than that a 4000 is far more than enough.
I came into resistance training only in the last couple of years (now 44). The 4000 is waaaay overkill for my abilities, and I would have been fine with their basic rack, but I wanted the Westside hole spacing which works well for me. I workout alone so safety is paramount. The Ares is pricy but seems like it's made for people like me with limited space. You're right about the attachments, the difference adds up. Unlike Rogue, it doesn't seem at first glance that the 4000 vs 5000 attachments differ too much, while the Monster vs Monster Lite attachments do show a step up in quality.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 01:50 AM   #165
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Wow.

Goodness me, that looks fabulous. Many congratulations, must have been a labour of love putting all that together.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 02:42 AM   #166
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
Wow.

Goodness me, that looks fabulous. Many congratulations, must have been a labour of love putting all that together.
Well it was certainly the first time I needed a 36mm socket!

Thank you.