The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 January 2020, 04:46 AM   #61
Vipes
"TRF" Member

A year for a sub means you’re not on the list. Find another AD or go grey as others have mentioned. You have been patient.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 07:52 AM   #62
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Swing by with a box of chocolates - let them know you’re still keen !

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:28 AM   #63
jitdc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
A year for the Sub is a bit ridiculous. There are plenty of sellers here that have Subs for sale for great/reasonable prices.

My “what my AD told me” story:
I’ve asked my AD for a Sub Date and a Daytona. They asked if I would accept a black dial if offered over the white and a no date over the date. I answered of course I would! They proceeded to tell me that the Dayton (Sub a few months)could happen within the year but that he personally has only had one white Daytona come to the store in the last eighteen months.

Perhaps that is true, no way to know. However they did deliver on my Explorer one day after calling to ask for one without any purchase history.

Overall sentiment thought is correct. Don’t.l wait another year for a Sub. Too many to be had at good prices especially here on TRF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jitdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 10:16 AM   #64
Mperry10
"TRF" Member

Not sure about the situation in Canada but here in the UK Subs are not easy to come by. I have been waiting for 10 months now and my AD tells me that they are currently quoting 2 years wait and aren't accepting new expressions of interest.
Aurum group controls most of the supply in the UK and trying another AD is not therefore an option.
Mperry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:55 PM   #65
watchspike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperry10 View Post
Not sure about the situation in Canada but here in the UK Subs are not easy to come by. I have been waiting for 10 months now and my AD tells me that they are currently quoting 2 years wait and aren't accepting new expressions of interest.
Aurum group controls most of the supply in the UK and trying another AD is not therefore an option.
Black Subs have always been popular with the watch buying public as it's considered the de facto sports Rolex. Demand is not quite as bad as 5 years ago due to newer models taking over some of the spotlight, but beyond the echo chamber of this forum, most people don't have clue about the nuances of all these different models and just go for a black sub, if not a Datejust like the majority of the normal population looking to buy a Rolex.

As for Ads in the UK, seems there is even less choice now that Fraser Hart have lost their contract with Rolex and indie Ads are getting tired of having to pay for refurnishing costs just to have that Rolex sign above their store front when they can't get anything in to sell to the local population. Of course there is the matter of them storing the most elusive fare for there VIP customers.
watchspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 01:00 PM   #66
Danny83
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Not worth all the drama to save 1000-1500 $ just go grey
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote