The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2020, 09:17 AM   #31
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
I was in same shoe like you where I felt like I was begging and lost my patience . I look no further and bought from grey market. very happy and will do it all over again.
m3tek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 09:24 AM   #32
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Agree with other posters, find other AD’s. Try to get your name on multiple lists. You are not beholden to one AD, especially this one who has really mistreated you.

Also, what about a trusted reseller? They have many available. Yes, you pay over msrp, but you have already waited a year and may never get one with the AD route.

This sounds like an AD near me, they don’t write names down, but they say they know who wants one. Sure, so when I walk out of the store, they forget me. What is probably going on, is they offer and sell them to their big spenders who buy diamonds and other jewelry. Hey, do you want a Submariner to go with your wife’s new diamond earrings. They keep their junk in the showcase.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 09:41 AM   #33
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Stop calling. Go in and make a relationship. Make it so your face pops into their mind next time they get a sub in.
Parapraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 09:51 AM   #34
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
12months and still no sub.... Move to a different AD.
Old 24 January 2020, 09:51 AM   #35
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Every time I visit my AD, I enquire about the watch I am currently waiting for. It might be a visit a month or a couple of visits a year. It all depends on what I'm doing and when I'm passing.

I can only echo the advice already given above. Your AD doesn't sound credible. Best find another AD. Or buy a grey one. What's your time worth? How badly do you want one?
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:11 AM   #36
jason126
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Face to face > phone call
jason126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:23 AM   #37
blankapdx
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 black
It must be tough in Vancouver with all those high rollers. One wait for a Sub is ridiculous. Find another AD.
blankapdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:24 AM   #38
diharv
"TRF" Member

Them treating you like shit means you're not sucking up good enough. Either try harder and continue to get crap or get one somewhere else and tell them where to go after.
diharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:29 AM   #39
klenboy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Is there another watch (that is not desirable) aside from the Submariner Date you like? If so you can save up to bundle those 2 and you'll most likely get it sooner. If not you won't get that Sub.
klenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:47 AM   #40
JasTPE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam94 View Post
Hi everyone, I called early March of 2019 for a black submariner date and was told by my AD that I would get one but there would be a wait. I called a second time in late July asking about the status and how it was looking for the watch. I was replied to with a sort of an awkward bothering tone from my sales rep (who I have purchase history from) saying I would have to be patient. I asked about how far up the wait list I was and if I could put a deposit down and was told they don’t keep an actual list and they don’t accept deposits. I then replied politely to him that that’s not a problem and I will await his call in the future.

It’s been almost a year and it’s getting kind of ridiculous in my eyes for just a black sub date.... I am wondering if my best choice would be to ask again about the status of the watch when it’s been a full year of waiting or if I should wait it out for the phone call?

Thanks everyone and if you have a similar situation I would love to hear about it below.
Vancouver is tough, I picked up my sub no date by pure luck.

If you really like it, just keep trying and keep shopping, you may bump into one somewhere.

Good luck!

Sent from my HTC_U-3u using Tapatalk
JasTPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:53 AM   #41
biscotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Sorry you have to go through this. As others have said previously, there is no list. Its not first come, first served. ADs will sell to whoever they value the most.
biscotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:19 AM   #42
Dr.Stu
2024 Pledge Member

This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Vancouver is a very tough market. Stop by in person to distinguish yourself from the other 50 calls they get every day.
...if you have a decent history there & want to give them one more shot. Then move on. You are definitely NOT a valued customer.

Last edited by Dr.Stu; 24 January 2020 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: typo
Dr.Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:20 AM   #43
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Almost a year for a sub?

It doesn’t seem like you’re rank high in the SAs priorities or there’s a lot of SAs with much higher valued clients.

Less then a month would be typical for a valued client I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 01:47 PM   #44
blown5.0
"TRF" Member

Thats unfortunate. It sounds like its time to move on.
blown5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 01:57 PM   #45
dukie748
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klenboy View Post
Is there another watch (that is not desirable) aside from the Submariner Date you like? If so you can save up to bundle those 2 and you'll most likely get it sooner. If not you won't get that Sub.
Not necessarily true - tried this with various AD's who I have a purchase history with, a couple were very candid - 'we can get you the TT DJ you want in 6 weeks, but with absolutely no guarantees on the SS piece'

At this stage can't be bothered with the games or the craziness, so unless one miraculously pulls a rabbit from a hat, there will be no more Rolexes added to my home - it is what it is, I'm not even worried about it - it's only a watch, and there are plenty of others.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 02:12 PM   #46
Pantheon
Banned

Watch: VC and AP
Gotta love the go grey that'll show them comments. Who do you guys think they're selling the watches to? The greys

Anyways I also agree with the sentiment that the AD has dragged you by the nose for way too long. A year is way too long. I would say for something like a date sub 3 months max for a good client and 6 months max for an average client. I would find a new AD.
Pantheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 02:15 PM   #47
tkc324
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona AP DD Sub
As many pointed out, you should change an AD. Honestly why would you have to buy the Sub from an AD. There are plenty grey, trusted sellers on TRF and used piece in the for sale section. Its not like this particular watch has that big of a mark up on the secondary market like the pepsi, batman, hulks, daytona etc... I see the full list on Rolex website for $8950 plus tax, in chicago our tax is 10%... and I see plenty used ones for 9k-10k in the for sale section... no brainer to me... Good luck to you.
tkc324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 02:37 PM   #48
goodolejr
"TRF" Member

OP - I sympathize with your frustration. But I also echo most others' here: just buy from a gray. The markup for black subs isn't that bad.
goodolejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 04:33 PM   #49
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Depends on how much you really want it. Are you ok waiting while wearing and enjoying your other watches? Or are you done waiting and want it now? If you've run out of patience, go trusted grey since then premium is not high.

I'm waiting for a Pepsi from the AD because I'm ok wearing other pieces and I'm not paying silly 100% premiums. I might never get it but I'm fine with that too.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 05:28 PM   #50
Pbender
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Agree with a number of the posts...go in and make yourself, and your face, known to them. How many phone calls do you think they get asking about hard to get pieces?
A visit to your AD with a friendly smile every couple of months will go a long way and will differentiate you from the hundreds of voices on the end of a telephone.
Look at it as part of the challenge of building your watch collection. If you could walk in off the street and buy every watch you wanted would this hobby be as appealing?
I don’t want to gloat but I will...I’m about to post an incoming for a black face SS/WG SkyDweller. I got the call completely out of the blue last Friday. I do drop in every couple of months so they know I’m genuine. I joke about how hard it is to get these damn watches but I also say how rewarding it will be when a watch finally comes my way.
Anyway, that’s my approach and it’s landed me a Deepsea JC and now a SkyDweller so far...I left with my new watch saying to my friendly AD that the next watch for my collection is a Daytona. She laughed but she also said “we know you’re a genuine collector so we’ll see what we can do, are you after black or white?” I said they were both great and I’d be happy with either.
Time will tell but for now I’m one happy Chappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 05:32 PM   #51
Jones.nl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Go grey and enjoy The Watch
Jones.nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 07:52 PM   #52
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Buy an Omega.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 08:54 PM   #53
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
As many others have said, you need to make an appearance at the store and preferably with the watch you bought from them previously. It will show your very serious, not a flipper and you get a chance to get to know your SA. It's not always who spends the most, SAs are people too they sell to people they like a lot of times.

But since you're an hour away and your business is very consuming, you have to ask yourself a question. How much is that visit going to cost me in dollars at my business?
How badly do I want that watch? Do you have the Rolex Poison Ivy Itch for your watch?
If the answer to either is yes go gray.

If being absent a half day from your business is going to cost a few thousand dollars in lost business than go grey asap and save yourself your self respect and a lot of anxiety.

If a visit is too costly time/money wise for you and you don't have the itch and can wait. Hit the reset button and find another AD as many have already said. A year is way too long for the watch you're looking for.
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:55 PM   #54
golden_time
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58
Go visit again.
golden_time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:06 PM   #55
djgallo
Banned

I would...in a nice way...good luck!
djgallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:23 PM   #56
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would skip the AD based on this experience and go to the Grey market with a Trusted Seller. You will not get the watch from an AD at a discount so at full mspr and tax you have got to be close on the cost from a TS. I read a lot of posts about prices and availability and it comes down to the same thing. Pay to play based on what you want. Most of the time I do not read about the joys of ownership and enjoying your watch. But then again, it is as much about the money to a lot of people as it is the watches. Go get your watch and start enjoying it and move on.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:27 PM   #57
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
Forget these AD's. Buy from a trusted seller here on the forum.

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:39 PM   #58
ganiccus
Banned

Watch: Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankapdx View Post
It must be tough in Vancouver with all those high rollers. One wait for a Sub is ridiculous. Find another AD.
Hongcouver is full of rich chinese who wrecked the real estate of the city to the point that government had to impose a 20% tax for real estate purchases from non-Canadian citizens. no surprise that OP can't even get a pedestrian Sub in such a toxic environnment.
ganiccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:45 AM   #59
Neurogeek
"TRF" Member

Sounds like they did not put you on their "list". Like everyone else suggested here, go grey and be happy with it. Rolex has just increased the price of all their ranges after 1/1/20. Going grey is not a bad choice.
Old 25 January 2020, 01:54 AM   #60
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
Sounds like you have answered your own question, OP.

You say he told you they don't accept deposit and don't have a list; doesn't sound like they have promised you anything at all.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote