The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 November 2021, 06:19 AM   #1
ClarenceY
"TRF" Member

5905 steel pricing

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had a chance to handle this new model with the green dial? Thoughts ?

Secondly, do you think pricing will reach crazy levels in the Grey Market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ClarenceY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 06:23 AM   #2
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Hmmm
Old 11 November 2021, 08:08 AM   #3
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

5905 steel pricing

I wasn’t a fan, lovely colour dial (same as the 5711) but the bracelet spoilt it for me so changed my order. Looks good on a strap.

Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 08:11 AM   #4
GeraldGentaFan
"TRF" Member

I already received one. Will do an incoming in the next days. Nice watch and a smart move to create some hype on something else than Nautilus and Aquanaut. Same green dial as 5711. Bracelet much better here than on 5167.

The predecessor, the 5960 1a, has a better size but a worse bracelet. But it was 30pc cheaper at retail, and traded at a discount…
GeraldGentaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 08:12 AM   #5
GeraldGentaFan
"TRF" Member

No idea on secondary pricing. Initially high and downwards from there I would guess. Will depend on how many they make.
Old 11 November 2021, 08:16 AM   #6
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldGentaFan View Post
I already received one. Will do an incoming in the next days. Nice watch and a smart move to create some hype on something else than Nautilus and Aquanaut. Same green dial as 5711. Bracelet much better here than on 5167.

The predecessor, the 5960 1a, has a better size but a worse bracelet. But it was 30pc cheaper at retail, and traded at a discount…
Congratulations
Old 11 November 2021, 08:21 AM   #7
GeraldGentaFan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Congratulations
Thanks. Congrats to you too. Might copy your idea to put it on a bracelet.
Old 11 November 2021, 01:30 PM   #8
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yesterday i got my hands on one and was surprised how it was more grey green than straight up green. on different angles the watch looks grey even.
I was told that the 5711 green is a deeper shade. but the AD told me, even they haven't seen a green 5711 yet... so.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 01:32 PM   #9
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wasn’t a fan, lovely colour dial (same as the 5711) but the bracelet spoilt it for me so changed my order. Looks good on a strap.

oh wow. where did you buy that leather strap?
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 02:46 PM   #10
bogdoc
"TRF" Member

This strap looks good.
bogdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 06:11 PM   #11
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks. Congrats to you too. Might copy your idea to put it on a bracelet.
Sorry to confuse, I decided against the piece and ordered something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
Yesterday i got my hands on one and was surprised how it was more grey green than straight up green. on different angles the watch looks grey even.
I was told that the 5711 green is a deeper shade. but the AD told me, even they haven't seen a green 5711 yet... so.
It is the same green as the 5711.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
oh wow. where did you buy that leather strap?
My AD kindly fitted the strap from the new green chrono WorldTime to show what the piece would look like on a strap - this is Pateks new ‘faux’ croc strap.
Old 12 November 2021, 05:01 AM   #12
gelkad
"TRF" Member

Needs 22 strap , this is probably 21
gelkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 09:07 AM   #13
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelkad View Post
Needs 22 strap , this is probably 21
Absolutely, it was borrowed from the new 5930P for a quick check only.
Old 12 November 2021, 09:50 AM   #14
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks for the picture, Russell. Someone had commented on a previous thread something to the effect that because of where the spring bars would attach into the lugs that there will be too large a gap between case and strap end. Did the strap look somewhat ‘misplaced’ to you in person?
Thank you!
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2021, 11:12 AM   #15
Fenrira
"TRF" Member

My AD kindly fitted the strap from the new green chrono WorldTime to show what the piece would look like on a strap - this is Pateks new ‘faux’ croc strap.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to clarify – what do you mean by faux croc straps? Does Patek not use real alligator any more, or is alligator faux croc in your eyes?
Fenrira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2021, 08:04 PM   #16
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrira View Post
My AD kindly fitted the strap from the new green chrono WorldTime to show what the piece would look like on a strap - this is Pateks new ‘faux’ croc strap.
Just wanted to clarify – what do you mean by faux croc straps? Does Patek not use real alligator any more, or is alligator faux croc in your eyes?[/QUOTE]

I guess it is possibly new CITES requirements, ‘faux’ is now stamped on the inside of the strap. No idea how many of the pieces now come with ‘faux’ - might just be for exhibition pieces that get sent all over the world.
Old 20 November 2021, 06:57 AM   #17
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Do you have any other angles? I think watches with bracelets are unfinished on the bottom and top compared to the ones that naturally come with leather straps
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 08:31 PM   #18
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
Do you have any other angles? I think watches with bracelets are unfinished on the bottom and top compared to the ones that naturally come with leather straps
I’m not sure about the finishing but in my shot above you can clearly see the cut out in the case to accept the bracelet.
Old 22 November 2021, 09:16 AM   #19
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just wanted to clarify – what do you mean by faux croc straps? Does Patek not use real alligator any more, or is alligator faux croc in your eyes?
I guess it is possibly new CITES requirements, ‘faux’ is now stamped on the inside of the strap. No idea how many of the pieces now come with ‘faux’ - might just be for exhibition pieces that get sent all over the world.[/QUOTE]

maybe depends on the state, I know croc and alligator straps are now banned here in California.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2021, 01:21 AM   #20
maecenas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
maybe depends on the state, I know croc and alligator straps are now banned here in California.
That’s not quite true, it got stopped by courts for the moment. Patek was gearing up for it with “stamped calf skin” straps, but nobody can tell me if they’re using them or not. I asked, because my 5726 doesn’t really look like alligator, and the response there was “it should be alligator, I think they pulled back all the calf straps”. So, not super helpful, except I know the ban has not gone into effect.
maecenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2021, 02:18 AM   #21
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maecenas View Post
That’s not quite true, it got stopped by courts for the moment. Patek was gearing up for it with “stamped calf skin” straps, but nobody can tell me if they’re using them or not. I asked, because my 5726 doesn’t really look like alligator, and the response there was “it should be alligator, I think they pulled back all the calf straps”. So, not super helpful, except I know the ban has not gone into effect.
But why stamp and call them 'faux croc'? Seems such an odd term.
Old 23 November 2021, 03:09 AM   #22
maecenas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But why stamp and call them 'faux croc'? Seems such an odd term.
Yes, you're right. And you may also be right that it's more for exhibition pieces, maybe to speed them through the CITES approval process. My post was a little pedantic, focused on the california aspect, but I almost edited to say that as I got to thinking about it, I've had multiple watches this year delayed at customs (from big brands, JLC for example, and I think maybe Omega) because of "CITES issues with the strap". So that says to me that they're really being quite stringent in checking the certifications. Maybe this is a way to try to bypass issues, at least some of the time.
maecenas is offline   Reply With Quote