The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 September 2020, 10:17 PM   #91
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Update. Got her back in the stable. Total time at Rolex Service Center was 11 weeks and 2 days. Interesting that the service sheet does not say the movement was replaced even though I know it was. Only says full service performed. I know it was replaced because RSC contacted my AD to tell them the movement was going to be replaced and the watch was being sent to Geneva to do exactly that, which caused the extended service time. Anyway it's back and so far so good. I did miss this watch greatly.

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 10:33 PM   #92
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Hope it's sorted for good, Mike!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 10:37 PM   #93
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Hope it's sorted for good, Mike!
dP
Thanks Dan, me too. Realized how much I missed it as soon as I put it back on my wrist.
Old 25 September 2020, 12:04 AM   #94
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Update. Got her back in the stable. Total time at Rolex Service Center was 11 weeks and 2 days. Interesting that the service sheet does not say the movement was replaced even though I know it was. Only says full service performed. I know it was replaced because RSC contacted my AD to tell them the movement was going to be replaced and the watch was being sent to Geneva to do exactly that, which caused the extended service time. Anyway it's back and so far so good. I did miss this watch greatly.

First of all, glad it's back on the wrist, Mike.

That's the good news. Now, for the life of me, I can't figure out why a company of Tudor's stature is dealing with this issue so horrifically.

A total lack of transparency, added to ridiculous wait times for loyal customers to be without their watch equals a dissatisfied client base I think they can ill afford. But, hey, what do I know.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 12:20 AM   #95
Jagamov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex:2 Tudor: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Update. Got her back in the stable.
Glad to hear you got it back, and I hope they have this problem sorted once and for all.

I got mine about a month ago, and I really like it.
Jagamov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 12:44 AM   #96
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
First of all, glad it's back on the wrist, Mike.

That's the good news. Now, for the life of me, I can't figure out why a company of Tudor's stature is dealing with this issue so horrifically.

A total lack of transparency, added to ridiculous wait times for loyal customers to be without their watch equals a dissatisfied client base I think they can ill afford. But, hey, what do I know.
Thanks, and I share your frustration. I think all Tudor owners are at a minimum disappointed in the way they handled, and continue to handle this issue. I'm surprised they haven't addressed it more openly because let's face it Tudor and Rolex are part of the same company. Poor quality on one brand effects the image of both.

Although I love Tudor I am bothered by this and will probably move this watch if it occurs again. Already considering trading it in on something else but I'll try to give it a bit and keep a level head about it before doing something I may regret.
Old 25 September 2020, 12:49 AM   #97
rolexBuddy
"TRF" Member

This fiasco, that continues since Tudor GMT introduction, is what keeps me from buying this watch.
rolexBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 12:51 AM   #98
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Poor show from Tudor all around. Sold mine after suffering the dreaded issue and won’t be buying another Tudor model.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 01:00 AM   #99
derekhayden
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BBGMT
Glad you got it all sorted out. It happened to me a few months after my purchase date of 5/30/18. It was gone about 4 weeks and has been working flawlessly ever since. My watch had an issue and Tudor fixed it. Not sure how that could have been handled any better as some insinuate. Now that being said I bought mine at release and after 2 years they should have got it right by now.

There is no reason this would ever keep me away from the brand. Rolex has had it's share of issues too but I guess those can be overlooked.
derekhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 01:03 AM   #100
Lukebennett21
"TRF" Member

Mine misfired for the first time yesterday after owning for several weeks. Previous owner already sent it in once. No issue today. We’ll see what happens. Love the watch regardless.
Lukebennett21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 01:05 AM   #101
chinaski
"TRF" Member

Watch: SpeedyProExplorer1
Since the issues comes up even AFTER Tudor "repairs" the watches, I wouldn't touch one. I like the looks, but for holy hell why can't they get this right?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 02:06 AM   #102
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Huge shame. Tudor's first GMT and it's a tasty piece but this.. It can't be that difficult can it? Date wheel hopper?
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 02:13 AM   #103
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
Do you think you could get a discount on this watch from the AD because of this possible problem?
And if so what % discount could you expect?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 10:38 PM   #104
Highlatitude
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorpheus View Post
I still don't think the BB GMT is a bad option. Like others said, we don't know how widespread it is, and if the date sticks you just get it fixed and move on. But if you're set against it, could also consider Omega PO GMT. They make a few sweet looking ones. Quality and heritage on par with Rolex, but without exorbitant Rolex price, as you can get substantial discounts off MSRP in some cases. Omega makes a killer movement.

They are nice watches but I can never get past the completely pointless Helium Escape Valve. It ruins the purity of the watch and is a possible point of failure. If a normal crown needs a crown guard to prevent it being damaged why dies the HEV not have one and actually why does it need it’s own crown anyway? Why does a GMT watch need a feature for commercial saturation divers. I like Omega a lot but they ruin a few of their designs for me which is why I currently own only one which is a vintage Seamaster from the 50’s.

My Tudor GMT is an early 2019 model and I have worn it a lot with plenty of timezone changes and thus far no issues with the date. It could happen but so far I don’t think it is inevitable - not all seem to be affected. If it does happen I will just get it fixed. The only things I don’t like so much are the thickness of the case which I feel was unnecessary and coupled with the lack of easy link and heavy weight means it’s not as comfortable to wear as my other watches. I’m not a huge fan of the fake rivets on the bracelet either but can live with it.
Highlatitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2020, 12:15 AM   #105
Snoop_
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14270 & 116710BLNR
Just sent my Tudor GMT in for repair because the date was not turning over. Keeping my fingers crossed 11 weeks is crazy but we are in a pandemic too.
Snoop_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2020, 02:53 AM   #106
Lukebennett21
"TRF" Member

Off we go

Lukebennett21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2020, 04:20 AM   #107
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukebennett21 View Post
Off we go

keep us posted...
did anyone get a discount with this gmt from your AD?
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote