The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 3 April 2024, 10:05 AM   #1
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub Date
Advice on trying AP

Could use some advice/opinions on where to start with AP. I really like the code chrono with blue dial in stainless. I just wish the case was black ceramic instead of ss. Also am drawn to several of the RO in stainless with blue dial. I prefer a 39-42mm watch and a comfortable wear but would consider 43mm on a ROO. Budget 30-50k. I would really appreciate anyone who has hands on experience with these watches and can shed any light on likes and dislikes. I would like to have some sort of chrono complication. I think the ROO are really cool just not sure if I want to put that much in a fun/rubber strap watch. Would love to go somewhere to actually get my hands on a few but that’s just not possible right now. Thank you for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duke10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 11:33 AM   #2
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Actually if your anywhere near a AP house or boutique they seem to all have lots of different pieces to try on right now.

Make an appointment and then go try on some pieces.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 11:37 AM   #3
APhound
"TRF" Member

Just go grey. It really ain’t worth the relationship.
Get a 41mm royal oak chrono or a 43 royal oak offshore. I have both and they’re great. I also have the blue code, get that as a second or third. Not that I love it any less but start with the others.
Good luck.

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 11:41 AM   #4
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
The 43mm ROO chronos are surprisingly comfortable to wear, and are quite versatile especially with the interchangeable straps (both rubber and leather, in various colors - so it can be more fun or more serious depending on your mood). There’s not a bracelet option for the 43mm, but otherwise a great watch for most situations. Should be relatively attainable as well from AP directly, which will establish your journey with them if you choose to pursue other pieces in the future.

neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 08:26 PM   #5
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
It’s a very wide net you’ve cast, lots of choices and fairly significant differences between a 39mm RO on bracelet vs a 43mm ROO.
I personally would find a way to try some on before making a decision based on people’s choices/favorites.
Even if it takes some time before you can get to a dealer/grey dealer
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 02:00 AM   #6
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhound View Post
Just go grey. It really ain’t worth the relationship.
Get a 41mm royal oak chrono or a 43 royal oak offshore. I have both and they’re great. I also have the blue code, get that as a second or third. Not that I love it any less but start with the others.
Good luck.

Are the ROC and ROO offshore hard to move if purchased and find I just dont love it. Not really worried about an investment side but it is nice to be able to enjoy a piece for a while and be able to swap for something else without taking a beating. Obviously the goal is to find the one I never want to part with.

Thanks for everyone's input. Should be over at the Dallas boutique within a month or so and hope to try on several peices to narrow down the search.
Old 4 April 2024, 02:15 AM   #7
APhound
"TRF" Member

Hard to move if you buy at boutique because you’ll feel like you should keep it so they don’t get mad at you if you sell. Otherwise just as easy to trade as anything else. I think the used market is very attractive all the way around for AP right now. Just do it.

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 02:57 AM   #8
Duke10
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=APhound;13212252]Hard to move if you buy at boutique because you’ll feel like you should keep it so they don’t get mad at you if you sell. Otherwise just as easy to trade as anything else. I think the used market is very attractive all the way around for AP right now. Just do it.

You're a terrible influence........LOL

Love a chrono with different sub dials than the face. Stunning!
Old 4 April 2024, 04:44 AM   #9
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke10 View Post
Are the ROC and ROO offshore hard to move if purchased and find I just dont love it. Not really worried about an investment side but it is nice to be able to enjoy a piece for a while and be able to swap for something else without taking a beating. Obviously the goal is to find the one I never want to part with.

Thanks for everyone's input. Should be over at the Dallas boutique within a month or so and hope to try on several peices to narrow down the search.

If you want to be able to swap / sell, you should go grey - if you sell a piece purchased from the boutique, you generally will be blacklisted and will need to start buying grey from that point on anyway. If buying grey, both the ROC and ROO are relatively easy to move.

neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 05:57 AM   #10
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal.jy View Post
If you want to be able to swap / sell, you should go grey - if you sell a piece purchased from the boutique, you generally will be blacklisted and will need to start buying grey from that point on anyway. If buying grey, both the ROC and ROO are relatively easy to move.

Excellent. Thanks!