The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 21 October 2022, 05:26 AM   #1
Ashj52
"TRF" Member

How often to contact PP Salon?

Hi everyone,

I am new to watch collecting- have only a Datejust 41 (two tone which I purchased from an AD) and the olive rose gold day date 40 which I purchased from the grey market.

I am on the waitlist at a Patek salon for a 5205, have been in three times so far and have received excellent customer service. On the last couple of occasions spent an hour with the member of staff discussing watches - Always very welcoming and professional.

However I am unsure how regularly I should be emailing or visiting the PP staff member to help my cause for the timepiece? I don't want to come across annoying, but nor too disinterested. I completely understand previous customers would/should get preference, so do not want to come across pushy. I was thinking an email or visit every 4 months?

Any guidance would be much appreciated!
Ashj52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2022, 05:31 AM   #2
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Go everyday
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2022, 06:29 AM   #3
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
There is a great balance to it. Out of sight out of mind. I would check in about every six months unless you can personally drop in. I would be looking to make a purchase of something, so you become a regular customer. This is far more important than just keeping in touch.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2022, 07:20 AM   #4
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashj52 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to watch collecting- have only a Datejust 41 (two tone which I purchased from an AD) and the olive rose gold day date 40 which I purchased from the grey market.

I am on the waitlist at a Patek salon for a 5205, have been in three times so far and have received excellent customer service. On the last couple of occasions spent an hour with the member of staff discussing watches - Always very welcoming and professional.

However I am unsure how regularly I should be emailing or visiting the PP staff member to help my cause for the timepiece? I don't want to come across annoying, but nor too disinterested. I completely understand previous customers would/should get preference, so do not want to come across pushy. I was thinking an email or visit every 4 months?

the better question is how much money are you planning on spending on patek in the next couple years. if its not a lot probably tough to become a salon client with a substantial chance of anything - 5205 should be trading slightly lower than retail maybe just buy it grey or since you seem interested in rolex try and establish a relationship with rolex / patek AD. easier to buy a DJ, sub than pateks these days
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2022, 07:34 AM   #5
APWhale
Banned

Watch: Code 11.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashj52 View Post
Hi everyone,

4 visits to the salon and 2-3 text message exchanges yielded me a 5905/1A within 6 months. Wasn’t pushy but kept communication from time to time in a reasonable manner. This was my first Patek but from the first rdv my SA told me it would be possible. After that the wait was easy.
APWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2022, 02:41 PM   #6
GMT_lover
"TRF" Member

Lots. And buy other watches you like too from them if they are multi-brand. Not pushy but show genuine enthusiasm for watches. Landed me two watches in 2021.
GMT_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2022, 11:29 PM   #7
byow
"TRF" Member

If it is a Salon, you do not need to "buy other brands".

I am not sure that receiving the watch you wish is about contacting them "regularly".
byow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2022, 01:28 AM   #8
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

It depends on which Salon and if you are a local customer. If you are local and are in the neighborhood, there is nothing wrong with stopping by monthly. 5205 is not a very high demand watch like some other references, so you will get it in due time.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2022, 04:19 AM   #9
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
If you wish to play the AD game, visit them whenever you are prepared to buy an in stock item (jewelry etc).
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2022, 09:05 AM   #10
Ashj52
"TRF" Member

thanks everyone for input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
There is a great balance to it. Out of sight out of mind. I would check in about every six months unless you can personally drop in. I would be looking to make a purchase of something, so you become a regular customer. This is far more important than just keeping in touch.
I was thinking every 6 months or so too, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
the better question is how much money are you planning on spending on patek in the next couple years. if its not a lot probably tough to become a salon client with a substantial chance of anything - 5205 should be trading slightly lower than retail maybe just buy it grey or since you seem interested in rolex try and establish a relationship with rolex / patek AD. easier to buy a DJ, sub than pateks these days
would love to purchase a Calatrava 6119G and have expressed interest in this piece. However compared to other clients I don't have the budget/money for regular purchases, I think I will be limited to one or two a year. Unfortunately other Rolex models don't quite cut it for me after handling the day date - much prefer Patek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APWhale View Post
4 visits to the salon and 2-3 text message exchanges yielded me a 5905/1A within 6 months. Wasn’t pushy but kept communication from time to time in a reasonable manner. This was my first Patek but from the first rdv my SA told me it would be possible. After that the wait was easy.
Congrats on obtaining the 5905!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT_lover View Post
Lots. And buy other watches you like too from them if they are multi-brand. Not pushy but show genuine enthusiasm for watches. Landed me two watches in 2021.
Its with the Patek salon direct :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by byow View Post
If it is a Salon, you do not need to "buy other brands".

I am not sure that receiving the watch you wish is about contacting them "regularly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
It depends on which Salon and if you are a local customer. If you are local and are in the neighborhood, there is nothing wrong with stopping by monthly. 5205 is not a very high demand watch like some other references, so you will get it in due time.
Yes I live local so will pop in every couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
If you wish to play the AD game, visit them whenever you are prepared to buy an in stock item (jewelry etc).
its a Patek salon direct :)
Ashj52 is offline   Reply With Quote