The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 September 2021, 12:07 PM   #1
JMac6
"TRF" Member

BVLGARI Octo Finissimo Owners

I am so, so, so very close to pulling the trigger on the Bulgari OF S (still waffling on the dial). For those who are owners... what has your wearing impression been like so far? Are you happy with your decision? I see a lot of people fawn over this model, but have yet to see any "long-term" reports (well, as long term as such reports can be, given the newness of this model).

Thanks!
JMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 12:32 PM   #2
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Nice watches. Have seriously considered but no room in collection at this time.
Old 6 September 2021, 12:33 PM   #3
loftycomfort
"TRF" Member

I have had the titanium version since 2019. It is part of my core collection and I have been wearing it on a semi regular basis.

The watch is beautifully made: the multi faceted case, bracelet and embedded clasp look like sci-fi alien tech. The ultra thin and ultra light wearing experience is like nothing else on the market.

The downsides are the 30m WR is weak (the polished steel version has 100m), and the dial has no lume. It also wears big due to its square-ish case. Make sure you try it on before buying.
loftycomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 12:33 PM   #4
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
I like mine. It's a cool watch.

I got a small wrist but it works.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 12:42 PM   #5
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Since Oct 2020, so not sure if that's truly long-term. Been collecting for decades, yada yada...

I friggen love it!

Also have a vintage PP 'ultra-thin' with Piaget 9P movement. Anywho, the Octo is fantastic in both design and execution. I need the 100m WP model as live water sports. Very comfy metal bracelet, about the same as the most comfortable which is the Omega 50th anniversary Buzz Butt. Legibility is surprisingly good even in lower light. I could go on, yet frankly, never felt I ever swoon for a Bvlgari timepiece. I mean... you know. Yet yes the Octo really is all many say it is.

jmho

Bvlgari_Octo_Finissimo_S_side.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 12:59 PM   #6
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Make sure you try it first. It doesn’t have micro adjustment, which is not a big deal if it had came with full and half sized links for fit, but it doesn’t.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 03:30 PM   #7
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
There's nothing like it.... IMG_20200225_173408.jpg

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
Old 6 September 2021, 08:30 PM   #8
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
My Ti is from the first launch batch in the EU. Been wearing it in rotation. Classic piece for sure.

When I got it I was concerned about the top crystal fragility, potential stretch of the bracelet with the lack of micro adjust and the lower end WR.

And must say it has been holding up very well the past few years.

I believe the steel version should be more durable especially with the higher WR.

Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 09:03 PM   #9
alllexandru
2024 Pledge Member

Bulgari did a nice job with this line, different, nice design, thin, nice movements, I would say they will be long lasting models in the next years.
I would prefer to be a have smaller case but this is a personal opinion.

Congrats to all owners, nice watches.
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 10:41 PM   #10
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
I’m not an owner. Apologies to those who are and to those who love it, but all I see is a hideous looking watch when I see pics of this timepiece. Maybe seeing it in person will change my opinion. I’m in no hurry to test this theory though.

I just can’t see anything flattering at all, the angles, the flatness, the proportions … I don’t get it.

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 10:47 PM   #11
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
I’m not an owner. Apologies to those who are and to those who love it, but all I see is a hideous looking watch when I see pics of this timepiece. Maybe seeing it in person will change my opinion. I’m in no hurry to test this theory though.

I just can’t see anything flattering at all, the angles, the flatness, the proportions … I don’t get it.

I have a more tempered response.

I can APPRECIATE it for what it is and the tech involved to make it so thin. It’s just not my taste, and that’s okay. Bulgari does a nice blue dial though.

My main concern is durability. Which would probably be not someone else’s.

But if you like it, go for it. They always seem to be very wearable on the wrist pics I’ve seen.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 11:29 PM   #12
JMac6
"TRF" Member

I appreciate all the thoughts so far!

I tried it on and it works very, very well on my wrist. Really felt great. I had not thought about the no half link/micro adjustment issue… that is someone unfortunate, but I’m not too persnickety about such things!

I’m looking at one of the 100m WR models.
Old 6 September 2021, 11:32 PM   #13
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herts9 View Post
My main concern is durability.
That's why I torture-test timepieces when I first get them. If they're going to break, the first month is usually the best time for it to happen. So I take 'em off-road bicycling, ocean swims, etc. Basically, just wear it.

So far, so good, plus it comes with a very nice five-year warranty too, unlike muuuuch more expensive brands that are not as good as they once were (Patek comes to mind here) that only provide a laughably small two-year warranty.

Agree the shape and size is not for everyone and every writst type, yet the same can be said of virtually any timepiece. What I love is that the new OCTO FS is so different from the very old-style PP Nautilus and AP that seems to find the wrists of older guys.

The Bvlgari is more for the young, and young at heart, wearer
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 6 September 2021, 11:38 PM   #14
JMac6
"TRF" Member

Question - has anyone tried to switch the bracelet for a strap? Found any third party options? I’d love to see a rubber option one day (a well executed rubber option, that is).
Old 7 September 2021, 02:12 AM   #15
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I wore a Ti chrono GmT regularly for about a year. Very comfortable, legible and durable.

My wife called it the garbage can lol she thought it resembled one. I thought it was avant-garde and beautiful. A more interesting dial and some WR might have led me to keep but I moved on more out of chasing other stuff than disliking the watch.
Old 7 September 2021, 02:13 AM   #16
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Old 7 September 2021, 02:55 AM   #17
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac6 View Post
Question - has anyone tried to switch the bracelet for a strap? Found any third party options? I’d love to see a rubber option one day (a well executed rubber option, that is).

I got the standard leather strap for the Ti version. Works well. Don’t have a pic at hand. But the key thing with this piece apart from the thinness is the lovely integrated bracelet. So switched back.

alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 03:14 AM   #18
Exiztence
"TRF" Member

I bought Black dial brushed SS Finissimo back in December and sold it this month, I was very happy with it but had projects that needed money and I am more of OWG with Sub filling that role. For what they can be had, they are a bargain, but you will have narrow minded people on forums whining BUT BVLGARI IS FASHION BRAND, which is reason you can get this for less than datejust :)
Exiztence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 03:41 AM   #19
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

I think it’s a nice watch and fits nicely on most wrist shots I’ve seen. Just not for me.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 10:25 PM   #20
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

Several months with a Titanium version. No issues to report. I would add that the lack of a half link or micro adjustment is less relevant on the titanium watches / bracelets as given how light the whole package is one doesn’t need the perfect fit like might be required for a heavier (steel) watch. Something you might want to think about if you are going steel and you can’t get the perfect fit.

The Octo Finissimo has been for me the most interesting mass market release of the last several years. I’d wanted one since first released, it just took me a few years to find the right one (or for Bulgari to release the right one).
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 12:34 AM   #21
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac6 View Post
Third-party options are not around as the lugs are 'further out' if you also want to cover the small square open bits on the case. Here's a blue leather strap I got off Amazon for $30 (30mm strap https://amzn.to/2WZPKih ).

YES the photo below is Pshopped to have the leather cover the case openings bits. Visually, casually, you really don't 'see' the openings much during wearing imho.

Bvlgari_Octo_Finissimo_S_blue_leather.jpg

Old 8 September 2021, 01:03 AM   #22
arnage
"TRF" Member

I've had a ceramic octo finissimo (ref 103077) for several months. it has lived up to its promise; sleek, scratchproof, and a bit avant-garde. what attracted me to the ceramic one was its understated stealthiness.

parts of it really remind me of the F-117 stealth fighter. the facets / angles of the case.. etc.

Of course, the 100m water resistance would be nice, over the 30m.. but i'm not in the habit of swimming with mechanical watches anyway. (say what you will - unless the watch is fresh from service and has had its gaskets recently replaced, i see no reason to put it at risk.. a g-shock is less worrisome in the water)
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 09:49 AM   #23
pp3355
"TRF" Member

I have an incoming Ultranero ref 102714 + aftermarket titanium bracelet

I was tempted by the Tourbillon but no minute/hour marks are a deal breaker for me
pp3355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 05:50 PM   #24
Hawaiian Timer
"TRF" Member

It's the truff (truth)!

OF Ceramic skeleton is really nice...

Hawaiian Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 05:51 PM   #25
Hawaiian Timer
"TRF" Member

Hawaiian Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 03:03 PM   #26
Bbp
"TRF" Member

Its my favorite.

Bbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 03:21 AM   #27
mazizata
"TRF" Member

mazizata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 07:13 PM   #28
wigdog63
"TRF" Member

Watch: me prevaricate.
Does this help?[]

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
wigdog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2021, 12:17 AM   #29
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

First saw those pics on WatchProSite, they are indeed incredible!

Old 12 October 2021, 12:43 AM   #30
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Do it- so good…

Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote