Watch: 216570, 126600

I’m just here to be a bad influence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
patrickjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2021, 02:33 AM   #92
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Middle is a 36mm (my moms)

RG Olive is the classic DD40. Had to have it.

Platinum stick dial I purchased when my son was born.

Would get a YG 40 also but not sure which dial I’d go for at this point.

Happy hunting!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DE873773-37B1-46BF-9E40-8584C3BD3829.jpeg (270.7 KB, 659 views)

ig: therolexgram
dmitrii_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 07:01 AM   #93
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: TV
I’ve made a decision. I’ll let everyone know once I pick up the piece likely this coming weekend. This is a big decision for me because I’m not a watch flipper... I can always sell a day date but I don’t want to ruin my relationship with my AD So I tend to keep my watches long term. My concern is well I wear it more than my sea dwelller. Not likely. Then I say, “why do I need this..” I have a large collection already but I think I’d wear a white gold model frequently and still wear my patek for dressier occasions.
MeepHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 08:56 AM   #94
Binky1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 16610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrii_ View Post
Middle is a 36mm (my moms)

RG Olive is the classic DD40. Had to have it.

Platinum stick dial I purchased when my son was born.

Would get a YG 40 also but not sure which dial I’d go for at this point.

Happy hunting!

Dimitri...it was one of your posts a while back that inspired me to set off on my mission to get a RG DD. Don’t know if you remember...but I thank you, Sir! Now how the hell can I afford The platinum!!
Old 19 February 2021, 08:57 AM   #95
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepHead View Post
I’ve made a decision. I’ll let everyone know once I pick up the piece likely this coming weekend. This is a big decision for me because I’m not a watch flipper... I can always sell a day date but I don’t want to ruin my relationship with my AD So I tend to keep my watches long term. My concern is well I wear it more than my sea dwelller. Not likely. Then I say, “why do I need this..” I have a large collection already but I think I’d wear a white gold model frequently and still wear my patek for dressier occasions.
I think you made a great decision, look forward to photos!
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 08:58 AM   #96
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
i think its almost safe to say you will wear it more than your sea dweller
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2021, 08:50 AM   #97
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Grabbed this today,.. simple.. flashy but not flashy.
Attached Images
File Type: png 23872EB9-625A-467A-B211-995DE1E9D068.png (289.3 KB, 585 views)
File Type: png 486834E0-A7A1-4D77-9267-A88019DCE05D.png (283.0 KB, 588 views)
Old 21 February 2021, 08:54 AM   #98
downtorock
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Very nice, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
downtorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2021, 01:45 PM   #99
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

I can’t stop checking the craftsmanship of this piece. The meteorite is so odd that it casts different reflections in the light. As I drove in car, the vehicle sunlight ceiling had disco ball lighting reflections off the fluted bezel. This is my first day date. I appreciate the feedback. I’m not sure this was worth the money but I do believe it Will become a worthy investment a few years from now. I don’t plan on selling it but I presume if I must, ever.... I’ll at least break even, at least.
Old 21 February 2021, 11:36 PM   #100
anuradha
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16234,116613LN
Congrats and wear in good health. That's my grail too but I don't think it will be on my wrist ever.
anuradha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2021, 12:00 AM   #101
JP.
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16610
REVIEW OF ROLEX DAY-DATE 40MM REF.228238
Old 22 February 2021, 12:39 AM   #102
Jpccarguy
2024 Pledge Member

That’s my grail watch- I will wear it in heaven! Fantastic combination of PM & meteorite.
Jpccarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2021, 04:41 AM   #103
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Quote:
fantastic the most beautiful rolex ever made in my humble opinion!
Old 22 February 2021, 06:14 AM   #104
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

I’m amazed at how sporty this piece is. I have no idea why I waited so long to get this. Any of this model. I believe the white gold is very sporty. It’s modern but retro. The meteorite dial comes off as white, but Mop... I like that it has diamonds as well because there nothing about them that’s flashy. This is a watch I can wear without embarrassment or guilt.. I tend to cover my yellow or rose gold pieces.. for fear of robbery, perception, just to avoid “advertising “ anything. With the white gold, I’ve no worries. No one wil know what this piece is. And the few that do will likely think it’s fake anyway. That’s fine by me.
Old 22 February 2021, 06:21 AM   #105
Razorsedge1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m amazed at how sporty this piece is. I have no idea why I waited so long to get this. Any of this model. I believe the white gold is very sporty. It’s modern but retro. The meteorite dial comes off as white, but Mop... I like that it has diamonds as well because there nothing about them that’s flashy. This is a watch I can wear without embarrassment or guilt.. I tend to cover my yellow or rose gold pieces.. for fear of robbery, perception, just to avoid “advertising “ anything. With the white gold, I’ve no worries. No one wil know what this piece is. And the few that do will likely think it’s fake anyway. That’s fine by me.
Great choice! Thanks for sharing the epilogue.
Razorsedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2021, 06:33 AM   #106
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
that's the beauty of a day date, even in yellow gold it can be worn with a tshirt and shorts
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2021, 06:55 AM   #107
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
That’s a beautiful watch! Congrats.
Old 22 February 2021, 07:40 AM   #108
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
that's the beauty of a day date, even in yellow gold it can be worn with a tshirt and shorts
I am now quite tempted to trade an AP against a second day date 5-10 years from now. I can see the day date being worn more than my sea dweller and for the same occasions.
Old 22 February 2021, 07:45 AM   #109
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am now quite tempted to trade an AP against a second day date 5-10 years from now. I can see the day date being worn more than my sea dweller and for the same occasions.
i bought a second almost immediately after aswell, the meteorite was actually my second :)
Old 22 February 2021, 07:46 AM   #110
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky1 View Post
Dimitri...it was one of your posts a while back that inspired me to set off on my mission to get a RG DD. Don’t know if you remember...but I thank you, Sir! Now how the hell can I afford The platinum!!
You made the best possible choice my friend.

I can tell you now that the RG Olive DD40 will be the "quintessential" DD40 when it's looked back upon historically. Similar to how the YG Champagne DD36 is the classic Day Date 36.

ig: therolexgram
dmitrii_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2021, 08:15 AM   #111
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay89 View Post
The wg blue Roman is my grail.
I love mine! Can’t get over the quiet elegance of it.
Old 23 February 2021, 12:28 PM   #112
arosado
Banned

Watch: Rolex, AP & Omega
What a beautiful combination! I'm sold, congrats!
arosado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2021, 10:31 PM   #113
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Some time later.l. Still love the day date 40. In public everybody probably thinks it’s stainless steel which is good... I had a link removed... I wish the bracelet had some sort of easy extension.. I bet Rolex addressed this someday. For me, the meteorite dial is on par with any patek dress watches or sports models. This is a very mature piece but it’s not stuffy. I wear it all the time. I don’t think the d d 40 gets enough credit for its sportiness or versatility. It’s a sports model to me. Especially in white gold. I’ve worn this to restaurants, grocery shopping, and while walking... I have never felt overdressed with it. Above that the a d has told me anytime I want to sell it, give them first shot.. which leads me to believe this watch is in pretty high demand.. I’ll never sell it but it makes feel good to know I won’t lose money if I do.
Old 3 May 2021, 12:28 AM   #114
RedGlasses
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Some time later.l. Still love the day date 40. In public everybody probably thinks it’s stainless steel which is good... I had a link removed... I wish the bracelet had some sort of easy extension.. I bet Rolex addressed this someday. For me, the meteorite dial is on par with any patek dress watches or sports models. This is a very mature piece but it’s not stuffy. I wear it all the time. I don’t think the d d 40 gets enough credit for its sportiness or versatility. It’s a sports model to me. Especially in white gold. I’ve worn this to restaurants, grocery shopping, and while walking... I have never felt overdressed with it. Above that the a d has told me anytime I want to sell it, give them first shot.. which leads me to believe this watch is in pretty high demand.. I’ll never sell it but it makes feel good to know I won’t lose money if I do.
Thanks for sharing your story, i'm myself having hard time choosing which dial to pick up on a WG DD.
The Olive dial is picking up on me
The blue dial is more "modern" looking
The meteorite dial looks amazing, classy though

I was advised that the blue dial legibility is difficult. But its shades are amazing too...
I find the Olive dial interesting and a bit unique
I find the Meteorite dial mesmerizing, but on some pictures it looks a bit too white to my taste. Maybe in real, it looks darker?

I want my first DD to be WG because RG would probably not fit me and YG is growing but not as much as WG. Maybe YG/champagne dial would be my 2nd pick!

So blue, olive or meteorite dial???
RedGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 12:50 AM   #115
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGlasses View Post
Thanks for sharing your story, i'm myself having hard time choosing which dial to pick up on a WG DD.
The Olive dial is picking up on me
The blue dial is more "modern" looking
The meteorite dial looks amazing, classy though

I was advised that the blue dial legibility is difficult. But its shades are amazing too...
I find the Olive dial interesting and a bit unique
I find the Meteorite dial mesmerizing, but on some pictures it looks a bit too white to my taste. Maybe in real, it looks darker?

I want my first DD to be WG because RG would probably not fit me and YG is growing but not as much as WG. Maybe YG/champagne dial would be my 2nd pick!

So blue, olive or meteorite dial???
I loved blue and olive. Olive will be in high demand. Meteorite is easily most legible. The blue looked the most ostentatious to me of the three. I was very tempted to buy the blue because it’s white gold but yet screams Rolex day date.. it’s very blingy. I had the opportunity to buy any of those three in white gold and I chose the meteorite dial for many many many different reasons. The diamonds don’t look like diamonds on my model. Also I’m not really into the Roman numerals so much. I find them extremely hard to read whether yellow white or rose gold.. The truth is I chose the meteorite because the dealer likely won’t ever get another one again. He guarantees me he will get olive and blue easily. Also he discounted the meteorite dial by 20% for me and that’s no joke but I still had to pay salestax.. at end of deal, it wasn’t much more than the blue dial or olive... you will never likely see the meteorite dial in public. And if you do it’s not dressy at all.. it takes a lot of secure posture to buy a white gold watch. At least for Me... you’re spending all that money and possibly thinking , “I should have a yellow gold which everybody will know.!!!! I want my watch to be seen!” . but I cover up my two tone subs when people stare. So I also know if I ever buy any yellow gold day date I will likely feel it attracts too much attention.

You can’t go wrong with any day date white or rose gold model. My fav was the blue until I saw the meteorite. It’s a chameleon watch... completely changes in sunlight... it looks white. Grey, beige, icy, but has such texture which somehow makes the markers and hands. more prouncnced ... The blue in direct sunlight would be very easy to read. I was not really a fan of the olive dial in person to be honest with you but I know I’m in the minority. I’d say if you’re going to spend 40,000+ for a watch just get whatever you want. I also firmly believe you’re not going to know if you made the right choice until wearing a watch for 6 to 12 months.. before I bought my day date, the sales guy made me go outside in the sunlight and I wore the blue olive and meteorite dials separately and took pictures. Each one looks so different in direct sunlight. The meteorite dial by far looked the best inside , indoors. The blue looked the best in direct sunlight.. I foresee grabbing a blue dd one day and wearing it for fun... but at some point I’ll have to sell a few pieces too.
Old 3 May 2021, 02:28 AM   #116
RedGlasses
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I loved blue and olive. Olive will be in high demand. Meteorite is easily most legible. The blue looked the most ostentatious to me of the three. I was very tempted to buy the blue because it’s white gold but yet screams Rolex day date.. it’s very blingy. I had the opportunity to buy any of those three in white gold and I chose the meteorite dial for many many many different reasons. The diamonds don’t look like diamonds on my model. Also I’m not really into the Roman numerals so much. I find them extremely hard to read whether yellow white or rose gold.. The truth is I chose the meteorite because the dealer likely won’t ever get another one again. He guarantees me he will get olive and blue easily. Also he discounted the meteorite dial by 20% for me and that’s no joke but I still had to pay salestax.. at end of deal, it wasn’t much more than the blue dial or olive... you will never likely see the meteorite dial in public. And if you do it’s not dressy at all.. it takes a lot of secure posture to buy a white gold watch. At least for Me... you’re spending all that money and possibly thinking , “I should have a yellow gold which everybody will know.!!!! I want my watch to be seen!” . but I cover up my two tone subs when people stare. So I also know if I ever buy any yellow gold day date I will likely feel it attracts too much attention.

You can’t go wrong with any day date white or rose gold model. My fav was the blue until I saw the meteorite. It’s a chameleon watch... completely changes in sunlight... it looks white. Grey, beige, icy, but has such texture which somehow makes the markers and hands. more prouncnced ... The blue in direct sunlight would be very easy to read. I was not really a fan of the olive dial in person to be honest with you but I know I’m in the minority. I’d say if you’re going to spend 40,000+ for a watch just get whatever you want. I also firmly believe you’re not going to know if you made the right choice until wearing a watch for 6 to 12 months.. before I bought my day date, the sales guy made me go outside in the sunlight and I wore the blue olive and meteorite dials separately and took pictures. Each one looks so different in direct sunlight. The meteorite dial by far looked the best inside , indoors. The blue looked the best in direct sunlight.. I foresee grabbing a blue dd one day and wearing it for fun... but at some point I’ll have to sell a few pieces too.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience on how you ended up getting the meteorite!!
I find it great to have a watch people don't necessary know it's a pm! I don't like attention however I love everything about a DD40! For me it stands the test of time and generations! I have a daytona from 2008 and not wearing it as much as I used to. I'm still hunting for a Pepsi GMT but hate the list BS from ADs. So I walked in this AD i didn't know from a vacation place not so far from me and inquired for a meteorite or Blue dial DD. Got the answer I could get one or the other by August. I didn't ask for a discount because PM scarcity made me think they wouldn't care, but asking never hurts... who knows...

I just need to find the best pics/videos of each dial in order to confirm my choice!

Meteorite seems to get my favors
Thanks for your insight!!
And congrats for getting that beautiful piece!
RedGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 03:14 AM   #117
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Can’t say enough about mine...IMO the Romans really make the watch
Old 3 May 2021, 03:53 AM   #118
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Take your time in person and see as many as you can in the metal.

I would say this. The White gold blue dial is beautiful in person but basically a DJ41 when viewed from 6 ft away.
If you are simply looking at colours, perhaps you’re right. I can tell the difference between a Presidential bracelet to any other Rolex bracelet at much further than 6 ft.
Old 3 May 2021, 08:26 AM   #119
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
A DJ41 with a Presidential bracelet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
If you are simply looking at colours, perhaps you’re right. I can tell the difference between a Presidential bracelet to any other Rolex bracelet at much further than 6 ft.

I know, you mentioned that in January

Glad you are enjoying it
Old 3 May 2021, 09:33 PM   #120
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I know, you mentioned that in January

Glad you are enjoying it
My mind is gone....never again off my iphone