The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 January 2021, 01:50 PM   #31
GCFA
"TRF" Member

Watch: 50535 Moonface
One of the hottest models Tudor currently offers. It is a beautiful workday beater! My only complain is the case too big for shirts.
GCFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 02:09 PM   #32
mcch2233
"TRF" Member

Wearing my Tudor GMT as I type! I have a 6.5" wrist, but do not find it to be too heavy/thick, although I may have just gotten used to it over time. The bracelet somehow works extremely well on my wrist as well, as I don't have any of the comfort issues described here. Its fit does seem to be rather hit or miss with people though.
mcch2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 06:04 PM   #33
Lukebennett21
"TRF" Member

It is a fantastic looking watch with great build quality (date wheel issue aside). I just couldn’t get past the thickness ultimately and recently sold it.
Lukebennett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 06:54 PM   #34
c17r15
"TRF" Member

Previous owner of 116719BLRO, 116715CHNR, 16710, and have eyed many 4-digit GMTs but could never pull the trigger due to lack of independent GMT hand adjustment.

To me, the Tudor BB GMT is the better modern interpretation of the 6542 GMT than the current Rolex GMT Master II line. Really love original design points that’ve carried over to the Tudor — large crown with no crown guard, retaining the overall (beefed up across) proportions of the case / bracelet, dial layout and proportions with the chapter ring with no cyclop, chamfered lugs and case edges that visually make the case appear slimmer, pretty effectively I might add, and I even dig the 22mm faux rivet bracelet in context of the 41mm case.

These along with the modern technical specs — 70 hour reserve, independent GMT and hour hand adjustment, quality, the aforementioned freakish accuracy, and not to mention the pricing & availability make this a clear winner for me in our current environment. I’ve found myself on most days reaching for the Tudor GMT over my other watches, incl. my 216570 Exp-II polar that share the same functionalities.

Never experienced the date wheel issue (a hit or miss apparently), and I could do without the triple snowflake hands and wish there was more gold (gilt) on the dial, but those design points I suppose fit the Tudor brand ethos.
c17r15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 09:09 PM   #35
IanV8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
All comments are a great help. Bulkiness seems to get the most criticisim. I also have a new 41mm Sub. I'm very comfortable with the sub: does it wear much larger than that?
IanV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 11:10 PM   #36
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I purchased the first BB GMT from my AD when introduced and really liked it and never experienced any movement issues. I bought a WG BLRO and thought that the Tudor was redundant, so I sold it. Missed it from day one and after a while I bought one back and had the dreaded date issue. My AD took it back and gave me a new one and I have not had any issues with it. The WG BLRO moved on and I now have a SS BLRO and think there is enough difference in the Tudor and the Rolex for both to be in the collection. I wear the Tudor mostly on the OEM leather but have the NATO and the bracelet. I like the retro look of the Tudor. I do not see it going anywhere anytime soon other than on my wrist. Get one, I think you will enjoy it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191013_104224 (002).jpg (235.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 20200401_135920 (002).jpg (229.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg 20200401_120415 (002).jpg (216.8 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg 20200312_093411 (002).jpg (247.1 KB, 123 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 03:16 AM   #37
mk2jag
"TRF" Member

Love mine! Awesome tool watch and the snowflake hands are great. I had a date issue on mine (first production watch) and was sent and returned in then 9 days. Been perfect ever since!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
mk2jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 03:17 AM   #38
IanV8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I purchased the first BB GMT from my AD when introduced and really liked it and never experienced any movement issues. I bought a WG BLRO and thought that the Tudor was redundant, so I sold it. Missed it from day one and after a while I bought one back and had the dreaded date issue. My AD took it back and gave me a new one and I have not had any issues with it. The WG BLRO moved on and I now have a SS BLRO and think there is enough difference in the Tudor and the Rolex for both to be in the collection. I wear the Tudor mostly on the OEM leather but have the NATO and the bracelet. I like the retro look of the Tudor. I do not see it going anywhere anytime soon other than on my wrist. Get one, I think you will enjoy it.
Many thanks for the insight. It looks so good on the leather and the NATO.
Old 19 January 2021, 04:21 AM   #39
moneymike83
Banned

Watch: Sd43

It’s a beautiful piece. However if you have the Rolex blro give it to someone that don’t have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moneymike83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 08:02 AM   #40
Alliy
Banned

I think this color should be reversed.
Alliy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 08:04 AM   #41
JC180
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, BLRO, LV, SD
Have both and guess what, the Tudor gets more wrist time. Can't wear it on the bracelet, it is heavy and uncomfortable, on an Erika Original it is the most comfortable watch I have. Love the box crystal, the bezel colours, matt dial etc its close to perfection. And such good value.

I had the date issue, went off to Bexley, came back (18 months ago now) and its been fine since. Don't think I will ever let this go.

I also have the BB Chrono, whipped off the bracelet and wear it on the woven strap, gorgeous in that combination.

Old 19 January 2021, 10:04 AM   #42
IanV8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
Have both and guess what, the Tudor gets more wrist time. Can't wear it on the bracelet, it is heavy and uncomfortable, on an Erika Original it is the most comfortable watch I have. Love the box crystal, the bezel colours, matt dial etc its close to perfection. And such good value.

I had the date issue, went off to Bexley, came back (18 months ago now) and its been fine since. Don't think I will ever let this go.

I also have the BB Chrono, whipped off the bracelet and wear it on the woven strap, gorgeous in that combination.

Jeepers, they look good!