The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 January 2021, 02:25 AM   #1
PekWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Black Bay Chrono

Hi.

Does anybody have Black Bay Chrono?

Need feedback related Calibre MT5813. Any issues?

Please post picture.
PekWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 03:06 AM   #2
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
I have one, it’s a great watch and looks great on leather, Nato or rubber.

I had two issues with the watch that were both addressed by Tudor under warranty.

Firstly the rota didn’t appear to be turning during normal daily wear / operation and I would often put the watch on in the morning to find it had run out of power, I could hand wind no problem but no rota noise could be heard so I sent it back to Tudor who corrected the fault and it’s no longer an issue.

Secondly, the chronograph second hand wouldn’t align with the 12 o'clock position after resetting and eventually was free spinning on its axis around the dial. Again, Tudor fixed the issue and I was given a free service voucher to use when the time came.

Normally, this would have been enough for me to want to 'get out' if this watch and move it along, at one point I had no confidence in the watch whatsoever and this would normally be the beginning of the end for any of my watches. The watchmaker at the AD explained to me the chrono issue was a very simple fix and Tudor would have given the watch a full inspection, ensuring it would be in full working order before signing off the work and it has been great ever since.

The issues I've mentioned aside, the movement has been great. It keep wonderfully accurate time, has an impressive power reserve and I must say that the overall feel of the watch (the winding is a little stiffer than your typical Rolex or Tudor movement but this is a characteristic of the B01 movement) is very good. The chrono function is great and the pushers feel solid and smooth to operate.

I also think this watch will balloon in popularity in the coming years, especially when/if it is discontinued.

Lots of info and pictures online about this reference and some great YouTube vids – The urban Gentry channel has a great video which highlights all of the good and bad points.
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 04:04 AM   #3
holdingon
"TRF" Member

i have the SG version of this watch. It has performed great and honesty its an incredible value given the B01 moment. Rumors are they will be discontinuing this watch soon again given the B01 connection. Strongly recommend this watch for collectors looking into an auto chrono.
holdingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 04:39 AM   #4
PekWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
I have one, it’s a great watch and looks great on leather, Nato or rubber.

I had two issues with the watch that were both addressed by Tudor under warranty.

Firstly the rota didn’t appear to be turning during normal daily wear / operation and I would often put the watch on in the morning to find it had run out of power, I could hand wind no problem but no rota noise could be heard so I sent it back to Tudor who corrected the fault and it’s no longer an issue.

Secondly, the chronograph second hand wouldn’t align with the 12 o'clock position after resetting and eventually was free spinning on its axis around the dial. Again, Tudor fixed the issue and I was given a free service voucher to use when the time came.

Normally, this would have been enough for me to want to 'get out' if this watch and move it along, at one point I had no confidence in the watch whatsoever and this would normally be the beginning of the end for any of my watches. The watchmaker at the AD explained to me the chrono issue was a very simple fix and Tudor would have given the watch a full inspection, ensuring it would be in full working order before signing off the work and it has been great ever since.

The issues I've mentioned aside, the movement has been great. It keep wonderfully accurate time, has an impressive power reserve and I must say that the overall feel of the watch (the winding is a little stiffer than your typical Rolex or Tudor movement but this is a characteristic of the B01 movement) is very good. The chrono function is great and the pushers feel solid and smooth to operate.

I also think this watch will balloon in popularity in the coming years, especially when/if it is discontinued.

Lots of info and pictures online about this reference and some great YouTube vids – The urban Gentry channel has a great video which highlights all of the good and bad points.
Thanks for reply.

How long have you owned this?
Old 19 January 2021, 06:00 AM   #5
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Quote:
Originally Posted by PekWatchGuy View Post
Thanks for reply.

How long have you owned this?
I bought it in October 2019.
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 06:05 AM   #6
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by PekWatchGuy View Post
Hi.

Does anybody have Black Bay Chrono?

Need feedback related Calibre MT5813. Any issues?

Please post picture.
i havent heard of any major issues.

i dont own one as it is a tad thick. i hope they do a 39 MM bb chrono that is 13 MM or less slim. boy would i buy it.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 09:39 AM   #7
holdingon
"TRF" Member

its not really that thick... its 14.5mm for an auto chrono. This is not a simple 3 hander diver.
holdingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 10:09 AM   #8
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdingon View Post
its not really that thick... its 14.5mm for an auto chrono. This is not a simple 3 hander diver.
i hear you but just not a fan of thicker watches unless they are divers. i think they could make it under 13 in 39 mm.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 12:50 PM   #9
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
i have this one. runs great, no issues.

Old 19 January 2021, 03:00 PM   #10
PekWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atone View Post
i have this one. runs great, no issues.

Thanks for foto. You have black model? Nice!
Old 20 January 2021, 01:11 AM   #11
Debonar Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 1016
had it and no issues at all
Old 20 January 2021, 02:52 AM   #12
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
It's a very solid performer, and an excellent chrono, IMO.

As someone said, the winding is unusually stiff, and this baffles me, but, once you get it going, it keeps excellent time with great power reserve.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 02:54 AM   #13
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
That is a stunner. I have never considered one but when I saw a TT with the gold and black combination I almost bought it on the spot. Just gorgeous.