The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 May 2021, 02:16 AM   #31
justcruisin
"TRF" Member

I think the VF boutique is owned by Licht and Sons (used to be Davidson & Licht). I’ve been to their old location, their temporary location and new location at VF and they have always been super nice. Like another posted above, they actually put down your preferences on a sheet with your contact info in case something does come in. That said, have never bought anything from them but they are super nice. I tend to go in on weekdays, and have 30m chat with the SA about their watches, my watches and it is always fun.
justcruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 02:42 AM   #32
ATLSFO
"TRF" Member

While not in the Bay Area, there is an AD near Palm Springs (Palm Desert) that sells right out of the case. They don't maintain a list - too much administrative hassle. They don't sell over the phone, they don't take phoned-in credit card info. If you're there and the watch you want is available, it's yours.
ATLSFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 02:53 AM   #33
rmags
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15210 & 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcruisin View Post
I think the VF boutique is owned by Licht and Sons (used to be Davidson & Licht). I’ve been to their old location, their temporary location and new location at VF and they have always been super nice. Like another posted above, they actually put down your preferences on a sheet with your contact info in case something does come in. That said, have never bought anything from them but they are super nice. I tend to go in on weekdays, and have 30m chat with the SA about their watches, my watches and it is always fun.
I’ve had pleasant experiences at the VF location as well (purchased my 124060 last November). Although, they do have very limited professional pieces out in display...just like other Bay Area ADs. Very nice personnel.
rmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 02:55 AM   #34
rrags
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP39, SS Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmags View Post
i’ve had pleasant experiences at the vf location as well (purchased my 124060 last november). Although, they do have very limited professional pieces out in display...just like other bay area ads. Very nice personnel.

+1
rrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 03:53 AM   #35
RolexguyinSF
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Best dealer in East Bay is probably in San Francisco...

I live in the East Bay, and would have to recommend Shreve in San Francisco. They've been pretty good about getting me a few watches within the last few years. The local dealer (Davidson & Licht), didn't seem too interested in forming new relationships; it's more like "Rolex is hard to get, have a nice day". Not so welcoming.

Hellers in San Ramon has a new beautiful store, but as with other AD's no inventory. They just say "we'll add you to the list" with no results so far.

No easy answers to getting models in the Bay Area these days.
RolexguyinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 06:28 AM   #36
Aircraftman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Kern's in Burlingame is great
Agreed!

Favorite watch: Seiko Orange Monster cause when I’m wearing it I’m diving in some far flung corner of the planet!
Aircraftman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 09:23 AM   #37
Vigilante24
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcruisin View Post
I had a similar interaction with them a few weeks ago. Interesting if any of the watches listed will home to fruition but hoping for a Chnr and LV from them. What did u end up requesting?
Vigilante24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 09:50 AM   #38
justcruisin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante24 View Post
I had a similar interaction with them a few weeks ago. Interesting if any of the watches listed will home to fruition but hoping for a Chnr and LV from them. What did u end up requesting?
WG OF Daytona (silver dial)
Full WG Daytona (blue dial)
YG OF Daytona (black dial)

Not holding my breath, especially since these are extremely hard to get pieces and I have no prior purchase history. Went in considering a Cellini, ended up with my ALS instead...but I’ll be patient with this local AD and see if I will have more luck with my out of town AD (w/ prior purchase history).
justcruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 02:20 PM   #39
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots2000 View Post
My AD (Julinanna's) is no longer listed as a Rolex AD.
I was on the wait list for a Pepsi GMT.

Is there another good AD in the greater SF Bay area? I only see Shreve and Tournneau listed-
And do I have a chance of getting on their wait list?
Just go to any AD you feel comfortable with and start buying. Get on their radar by spending in their store. If they don't know your spend level, then you aren't on their radar.
Old 5 May 2021, 02:49 AM   #40
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

Good luck getting your SS sport watches here in the Bay Area, there were 3 houses went on sale in the neighbourhood, all of them sold for $200,000+ over the asking price, some paid cash over $2 millions. ADs no longer taking names for waiting list except VIP customers
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 03:26 AM   #41
Vigilante24
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman2005 View Post
Good luck getting your SS sport watches here in the Bay Area, there were 3 houses went on sale in the neighbourhood, all of them sold for $200,000+ over the asking price, some paid cash over $2 millions. ADs no longer taking names for waiting list except VIP customers
Yes the Bay Area is difficult to purchase SS sport models but it’s not impossible. I have been able to get some great watches this year with no purchase history just by talking to the right people and being honest with what you are looking for and why. Persistency and kindness goes a long way. I’ve been able to purchase the 126610ln, 126710BLNR, and about to pick up the 126711CHNR with no purchase history. It’s possible. Good luck!
Vigilante24 is offline   Reply With Quote