The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 May 2021, 03:50 PM   #31
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
If I was in your situation, I personally would find it hard to say goodbye to the Sub, as I like how casual the SubC is, how it matches any outfit for any occasion of any level of formality, and how it uses materials and a finish that allow you to bang the crap out of it without much concern. I was wearing mine during a videoconference yesterday morning while wearing a tie and washing fish slime off of it in the afternoon with the Glidelock clasp increased a notch to account for my swelling wrist. It's such a great everyday watch.

The CHNR is absolutely beautiful but a dressier watch and I'm not sure if I could bring myself to use it in such a fashion that I use my Sub.

So it would be hard for me to let the Sub go. But that's just me.
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 03:50 PM   #32
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Entirely up to you.

If having a 3 GMT Master collection suits you best, then buy accordingly. I would caution against the possibility of selling the NR, then wanting to balance your collection with a diver in the future. Better not to go round in circles. it tends to cost more for the same result.

Me? I'd own the TT CHNR and SS BLRO. I would happily lose the BLNR to let either into my collection. Can't speak for you though.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 05:12 PM   #33
thesharpe
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060, 126711
I have the 114060 and 126711. If one had to go it would be the CHNR. The CHNR is wonderful, but I tend to wear it in certain situations, as it is more dressier. The Sub fits every situation, from gardening to the office, to the sea.

As a pair they are perfect.
thesharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 06:22 PM   #34
Vigilante24
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaleem View Post
That's a really tough call.

I picked up my 126711 CHNR about three weeks ago and it joins a SS Submariner Date and a Bluesy.

Maybe I would've gotten rid of one of the Submariners for the GMT (but only because I have to two).
Congrats! Great collection. I think the bluesy and sub date are completely different and can coexist in a small collection.
Vigilante24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 08:36 PM   #35
roadie1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Divers, GMT
Sell 126610ln for 126711Chnr?

I’ve worn my CHNR snorkeling in the Turks and Caicos, hiking 14’rs in Colorado, camping in my van, dining with my family and dare I say it…..work! Yuck! It’s a great piece for any occasion and dresses up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 08:57 PM   #36
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I am a huge Submariner fan and if one had to go it would be the Submariner. Doesn't make sense but the Submariner is easily obtainable again. I would get the Root Beer, sit tight and enjoy for a few minutes and decide if you want another Submariner or another diver.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 09:03 PM   #37
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
Nice collection of very recent watches. If you acquired them all through your AD, you are well loved! :)

You have two GMTs already (BLRO and BLNR), and you are getting a third, and contemplating getting rid of your Sub?

If you like the two tone (I am a fan), then I suggest deciding between BLNR and BLRO as the one to get rid of, not the Sub.
I like how you think my friend
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 12:48 AM   #38
Vigilante24
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie1 View Post
I’ve worn my CHNR snorkeling in the Turks and Caicos, hiking 14’rs in Colorado, camping in my van, dining with my family and dare I say it…..work! Yuck! It’s a great piece for any occasion and dresses up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha. Great to see that watch being used in so many different settings. Great pic.
Old 5 May 2021, 12:55 AM   #39
Vigilante24
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I am a huge Submariner fan and if one had to go it would be the Submariner. Doesn't make sense but the Submariner is easily obtainable again. I would get the Root Beer, sit tight and enjoy for a few minutes and decide if you want another Submariner or another diver.
Honestly this is what I’m leaning towards right now. The sub is fantastic and I love how robust it is but at the end of the day availability is a big factor when trying to obtain later.