The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 May 2021, 05:32 AM   #1
Gmop73
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Rolex Sub Replacement Bezel

I have a Rolex submariner all black that is in need of a bezel replacement. If I’m paying to replace it regardless I was wondering if a RSC/AD would put the blue bezel on it like the one that is on the rolex smurf black dial w/ blue bezel. My guess is they would only replace the black bezel that is comes with but worth asking. Any input is appreciated.
Gmop73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 05:35 AM   #2
Lloydas1
Banned

No
Lloydas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 06:32 AM   #3
Soarer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LV
RSC will only put in what was originally on your watch. That is their rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 May 2021, 07:00 AM   #4
drrd
"TRF" Member

The answer is predictably a big NO from an RSC.

Having said that these bits and bobs do sometimes find their way out there sometimes.

There was someone a while back who got a platinum bezel from a 116689 YMII and put it onto a 116680 steel YMII.

Of course white gold doesnt have the same appearance as steel (plus the two YMII dials arent the same) so the result looked fake and naff even though it was all genuine Rolex parts.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 07:32 AM   #5
turkeysub93
"TRF" Member

I'd offer my future first born for a blue bezel on my SS Sub.
turkeysub93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 11:27 AM   #6
rod727
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 116610
Oh man a blue bezel on my sub.......Im in
rod727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 12:21 PM   #7
TimeLord2
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Yea, no. Your only option is that which originally came on the watch or was an option. In addition, depending on the condition of your watch, they may insist on a service before they would sell you anything, even a bezel insert.
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 12:23 PM   #8
Haveapair
Banned

The local pawn shop will do it for you
Haveapair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 01:49 PM   #9
Ricky Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Couldn’t a coloured official Rolex cerechrome bezel be bought somewhere?

I don’t see an issue as long as the buyer isn’t trying to sell the watch on as something it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♛GMT II Coke 16710♛ ♛DateJust 16030♛ ♛Explorer 214270 mk2♛ Submariner 116610LN♛ 126711CHNR ♛
Ricky Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 05:17 PM   #10
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
No. They wouldn’t even consider replacing my damaged blue bezel as it didn’t originally come from the watch. I love the product but dealing with the company can be a challenge. Let’s call them ‘old school’!
Number3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 05:20 PM   #11
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rolex View Post
Couldn’t a coloured official Rolex cerechrome bezel be bought somewhere?
Yes - RSC. Damage the bezel on your matching watch and hand it in with your credit card.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 05:56 PM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmop73 View Post
I have a Rolex submariner all black that is in need of a bezel replacement. If I’m paying to replace it regardless I was wondering if a RSC/AD would put the blue bezel on it like the one that is on the rolex smurf black dial w/ blue bezel. My guess is they would only replace the black bezel that is comes with but worth asking. Any input is appreciated.
If you mean the aluminium bezel insert they are around $70 from Rolex if you mean ceramic well they are crazy money for what they are, and Rolex will only replace with the original black insert thats correct for your watch. And there is no such watch as a Rolex smurf, I believe smurfs are comic book character's. I know a Smurf was a Belgian comic and television franchise centred on a fictional colony of small blue creatures who live in mushroom-shaped houses in the forest. The Smurfs was first created and introduced as a series of comic characters by the Belgian comics artist Peyo (pen name of Pierre Culliford) in 1958, where they were known as Les Schtroumpfs. There are more than one hundred Smurf characters, and their names are based on adjectives that emphasise their characteristics, such as "Jokey Smurf", who likes to play practical jokes on his fellow smurfs. "Smurfette" was the first female Smurf to be introduced in the series. The Smurfs wear Phrygian caps, which came to represent freedom during the modern era.

The word “Smurf” is the original Dutch translation of the French "Schtroumpf", which, according to Peyo, is a word invented during a meal with fellow cartoonist André Franquin, when he could not remember the word salt.[3]

The Smurfs franchise began as a comic and expanded into advertising, films, TV series, ice cascades, video games, theme parks, and dolls.The Smurfs fulfil simple archetypes of everyday people: "Lazy Smurf", "Grouchy Smurf", "Brainy Smurf", and so on. All Smurfs, with the exception of Papa, Baby, Smurfette, Nanny and Grandpa, are said to be 100 years old. There were originally 99 Smurfs, but this number increased as new Smurf characters appeared, such as Sassette and Nanny. All of the original Smurfs were male; later female additions are Smurfette and Sassette—Smurfette being Gargamel's creation, while Sassette was created by the but as far as I know none wear Smurf Rolex watches.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 06:28 PM   #13
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
If you mean the aluminium bezel insert they are around $70 from Rolex if you mean ceramic well they are crazy money for what they are, and Rolex will only replace with the original black insert thats correct for your watch. And there is no such watch as a Rolex smurf, I believe smurfs are comic book character's. I know a Smurf was a Belgian comic and television franchise centred on a fictional colony of small blue creatures who live in mushroom-shaped houses in the forest. The Smurfs was first created and introduced as a series of comic characters by the Belgian comics artist Peyo (pen name of Pierre Culliford) in 1958, where they were known as Les Schtroumpfs. There are more than one hundred Smurf characters, and their names are based on adjectives that emphasise their characteristics, such as "Jokey Smurf", who likes to play practical jokes on his fellow smurfs. "Smurfette" was the first female Smurf to be introduced in the series. The Smurfs wear Phrygian caps, which came to represent freedom during the modern era.

The word “Smurf” is the original Dutch translation of the French "Schtroumpf", which, according to Peyo, is a word invented during a meal with fellow cartoonist André Franquin, when he could not remember the word salt.[3]

The Smurfs franchise began as a comic and expanded into advertising, films, TV series, ice cascades, video games, theme parks, and dolls.The Smurfs fulfil simple archetypes of everyday people: "Lazy Smurf", "Grouchy Smurf", "Brainy Smurf", and so on. All Smurfs, with the exception of Papa, Baby, Smurfette, Nanny and Grandpa, are said to be 100 years old. There were originally 99 Smurfs, but this number increased as new Smurf characters appeared, such as Sassette and Nanny. All of the original Smurfs were male; later female additions are Smurfette and Sassette—Smurfette being Gargamel's creation, while Sassette was created by the but as far as I know none wear Smurf Rolex watches.
Been a while since we’ve seen this Padi.
Number3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 01:29 AM   #14
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

Also, Batman is a fictitious character, as well as Hulk. Kermit is a puppet.

Some of these terms result in actual watches on Rolex.com search function, and some don't.

Batman, Pepsi, and Kermit show GMTs and Subs. Batman shows 1 result, Pepsi shows 4 variations, and Kermit shows all Subs.

Hulk and Smurf "No results found" when searching Rolex.com
WatchGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 01:36 AM   #15
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Please guys, have some respect for the true Smurf watch

Old 6 May 2021, 02:11 AM   #16
Computantis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haveapair View Post