The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 21 February 2017, 07:47 AM   #31
CenwulF
Banned

Thank you very much, i will definitely fill you all in the coming week ahead. Is there someone out here with a breitling to trade for my HULK?
CenwulF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2017, 02:01 AM   #32
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Pretty good. Used to have chronomat 44 gmt but traded for Panerai.
still regret it!
Solid build , 5 years warranty, in house movement. Most accurate watch ever had.
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2017, 05:42 AM   #33
CenwulF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicoJG View Post
I've never owned a Breitling timepiece, however, I would consider purchasing one in the future. Anyone ever have any issues with Breitling watches? Are they reliable and durable? I don't expect a Breitling watch to be Rolex quality but are they worth buying?

I just pull the trigger in purchasing this beauty right here! A very big thank you to seller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seawolf II.jpg (66.3 KB, 451 views)
File Type: jpg Seawolf iii.jpg (36.4 KB, 445 views)
CenwulF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2017, 02:10 PM   #34
BiggerJon
"TRF" Member

very nice!!!
BiggerJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2017, 07:29 PM   #35
ukflyboy
"TRF" Member

The movement in my superquartz Aerospace died a few years ago (about 7 years into ownership) but to their credit they did replace it for a pretty reasonable price during a full service.
The build quality on my B01 Navitimers is superb and I've not had any issues at all with them, though only had them a year and they don't get regular use. Mind you, their prices have risen too, so I'd expect build quality to be as good as or close to the likes of Rolex!
ukflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2017, 01:49 AM   #36
BiggerJon
"TRF" Member

You have to tell us what you think of the new watch? Aren't the Breitling rubber straps like butter!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, I have the same watch with the black dial.
BiggerJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2017, 05:18 AM   #37
slorollin
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer pints & quarts
My SuperOcean GMT is a beast. You could drive nails or possibly use it as a weapon............or even dive with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160510_122920928.jpg (81.3 KB, 416 views)
Old 17 March 2017, 09:19 AM   #38
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
This is an encouraging thread. I've been considering a Colt for a while now and I've been spoiled by the durability and reliability of Rolex. I'm glad so many have had good experiences with their Brietlings, help my confidence as I want to branch out. Probably go AD on a new model if I can get the price down enough. The Colt is only about $3400 full retail, they're suggesting $2800 before it's even out of the case for a demo. Probably a bit more room. But they ere all great looking watches.
Old 17 March 2017, 09:39 AM   #39
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Go for it. I would easily put it as robust/reliable as Rolex. (Rolex owner for 20+ years) Breitling makes a effort to regulate their watches to extremely high standards well better than COSC. My Breitling Blackbird is more accurate than a quartz at + or - 0 seconds in 4 weeks. I hated to reset it for DST last Saturday. So far still dead on and I have used it while operating a snowblower for 2 hours yesterday and it didnt deviate at all from the excessive vibrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
This is an encouraging thread. I've been considering a Colt for a while now and I've been spoiled by the durability and reliability of Rolex. I'm glad so many have had good experiences with their Brietlings, help my confidence as I want to branch out. Probably go AD on a new model if I can get the price down enough. The Colt is only about $3400 full retail, they're suggesting $2800 before it's even out of the case for a demo. Probably a bit more room. But they ere all great looking watches.
Old 17 March 2017, 10:10 AM   #40
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
That is one rugged looking watch. Love the blue dial, that's my choice in a Colt. Is that a 45mm case?
Old 17 March 2017, 10:23 AM   #41
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Rolex owner.
Navitimer 01 owner.
Soon to own a Chronomat 44.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 10:28 AM   #42
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks. Its actually the AR in the pic. Its a Limited Edition Blackbird in 44mm. I currently have it on the Breitling pro 3 rubber dive strap. Very comfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
That is one rugged looking watch. Love the blue dial, that's my choice in a Colt. Is that a 45mm case?
Better pic. Breitling uses very similar double AR as on my Omega PO. That is to say.."best in the industry". If you have a Rolex and Omega, you will love the Breitling. Quality is outstanding.

On its very comfortable "pilot bracelet"
Old 21 March 2017, 01:00 AM   #43
MrNemo
"TRF" Member

The vast majority of Breitlings floating around use an ETA 2824 or a Valjoux 7750 unless you are buying brand new. Those movements are mostly bulletproof, although I did drop a Super Avenger (with a B13 which is just a 7750) off a second floor balcony and it caused the chronograph seconds hand to misalign when resetting to zero (but still kept excellent time) so avoid dropping them from 20 feet in the air onto concrete, if possible. Breitling in-house service is Rolex-level expensive (the service on my 90s Chronomat was $800), so I'd recommend taking them to any decent local watchmaker for issues and you'll be fine.

As for new ones, I have no experience with the B1. But I'm not sure I'd ever buy a new Breitling again because the depreciation is pretty fierce, even if your watch is mint.

@Jack T
If you are looking at a new Colt, be aware that historically, they depreciate more than any other model because they used to use a quartz ETA 251.262 which is the same movement used in cheap Tag Heuers for the last 20 years. The new Colts, however, have an in-house quartz (whatever that is) so maybe they won't depreciate as badly. All I'm saying is the quartz option has pulled the value of the automatic Colts down, so if I were after a Colt, I'd buy a mint used piece with box/papers from a reputable dealer. One good thing is, I don't think I've seen counterfeit Colts floating around, so you can at least put that worry aside.
MrNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2017, 01:12 AM   #44
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Hold on....there is a story about a second story free fall and the watch was still operational that cant be passed up. Please elaborate on the details how the watch took such a fall. No judgement here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNemo View Post
The vast majority of Breitlings floating around use an ETA 2824 or a Valjoux 7750 unless you are buying brand new. Those movements are mostly bulletproof, although I did drop a Super Avenger (with a B13 which is just a 7750) off a second floor balcony and it caused the chronograph seconds hand to misalign when resetting to zero (but still kept excellent time) so avoid dropping them from 20 feet in the air onto concrete, if possible. .
Old 21 March 2017, 05:07 AM   #45
MrNemo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Hold on....there is a story about a second story free fall and the watch was still operational that cant be passed up. Please elaborate on the details how the watch took such a fall. No judgement here.
I wish it were a better story. While alcohol was involved, it was not the primary factor. A friend of mine asked to try it on when we were outside on his balcony. He put it on and loved it, but when he started to take it off, one of the spring pins jumped out and the watch fell off his wrist. We grabbed at it but it fell. If we hadn't grabbed at it, it would have just fallen by our feet. Oops. It was totally my fault. I had a few straps I'd change out. For swimming I used the generic Pro Diver rubber on tang. But to dress it up I had a caiman strap. I must have not gotten the pin in all the way. The Super Avenger has a ton of space to work with when taking straps off, but putting them back on is awkward because the holes are very far back on those enormous lugs.
Old 5 April 2017, 08:21 PM   #46
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Quality is really good
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2017, 11:14 AM   #47
rahible
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ref. 214270
My Breitlig Transocean GMT is an in house B04 (B01 Based) daily wearer (last 2 months), and I have no issues. I've owned it for over to years.

http://www.breitlingsource.com/details/B04.html

Grainy photo with it on a Hadley Roma Mesh band.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (77.4 KB, 348 views)
rahible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 11:55 PM   #48
Rosco
"TRF" Member

No Issues

Fun two , no issues! -not enough wrist time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3173.jpg (82.3 KB, 318 views)
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2017, 12:30 AM   #49
MrNemo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
Fun two , no issues! -not enough wrist time

What are your thoughts on the Valjoux B13 in your Evo vs the in-house B01 movement? Any noticeable differences? I've never played with the new models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 24 April 2017, 09:03 AM   #50
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona
Get on Facebook and search 'Breitling Owners Club 130' - very friendly and passionate group. Knowledgable too.
GolfPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2017, 05:44 AM   #51
Robertus2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfPunk View Post
Get on Facebook and search 'Breitling Owners Club 130' - very friendly and passionate group. Knowledgable too.
Agreed :)
Robertus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2017, 12:42 AM   #52
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Why

[QUOTE=UnicoJG;7293368]I've never owned a Breitling timepiece, however, I would consider purchasing one in the future. Anyone ever have any issues with Breitling watches? Are they reliable and durable? I don't expect a Breitling watch to be Rolex quality but are they worth buying?[/QUOT

I think they are clearly Rolex quality in their in- house movements, if not better.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2017, 03:57 AM   #53
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona
I'm preferring Breitling over rolex at the moment. I own 3 Breitlings and 1 Rolex and that's not just down to price. Many variations with Breitlings and lots of choice.
GolfPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2017, 04:05 AM   #54
MrNemo
"TRF" Member

Don't swim with a Navitimer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 9 May 2017, 03:02 AM   #55
Ad11wrd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicoJG View Post
I've never owned a Breitling timepiece, however, I would consider purchasing one in the future. Anyone ever have any issues with Breitling watches? Are they reliable and durable? I don't expect a Breitling watch to be Rolex quality but are they worth buying?
Yes I owned two Breitling's and still own one for work, your right it's not a Rolex but it's not the same price as one either. Very good watch it's not as accurate, properly loses a minute a day, but still a good watch. I would put a Breitling in the same band as an Omega. Only my opinion.
Ad11wrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2017, 05:01 AM   #56
Jsanders1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad11wrd View Post
Yes I owned two Breitling's and still own one for work, your right it's not a Rolex but it's not the same price as one either. Very good watch it's not as accurate, properly loses a minute a day, but still a good watch. I would put a Breitling in the same band as an Omega. Only my opinion.
1 Minute a day?? You might want to get it serviced. Mine is about +/- 1 sec per day.
Jsanders1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2017, 12:23 PM   #57
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
I have both a pre-2000 Superocean Professional and an Avenger M1. Both have been serviced by Breitling in Ct. The watches have been as good as my Rolex's and IWC's and I have to say I think Breitlings in house service people in Ct are as good as it gets. Never a problem with either watch. One is an automatic and one (M1) is a digital.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2017, 10:13 PM   #58
MrNemo
"TRF" Member

I have to say, I recently bought two Super Avengers that had both been serviced by Breitling and the chrono hand was 1/4th a second off to the right on both watches - the exact same issue. I know that is a bit OCD but it was really disappointing. Also both had alignment issues with the date wheel. On one, the date was falling too high on the window, and on the other, it was aligned too far to the left. I am a fan of their watches but these last two purchases were disappointments. Both of them were used watches so maybe something happened after they came back from service, but it was odd to buy two watches in a row that had the same issue. Luckily both sellers accepted returns. One is in the box going back today being traded towards a 16610.
Old 18 May 2017, 03:09 AM   #59
JCN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean 44
I bought a Superocean 44 nearly 4 years ago and it has been my daily watch ever since. Great watch, no issues whatsoever. Won't need serviced for a few more years. Very reliable.
JCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 10:19 AM   #60
rseto06
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
My headwind keeps perfect time well within COSC. Great, rugged timepieces imho
rseto06 is offline   Reply With Quote