The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 February 2020, 11:54 AM   #1
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Current Inventory in Aruba???

Hi all,

I’m going to be traveling to Aruba in the next couple of weeks. Just wondering if anyone on TRF has been to Gandelman’s lately and if so what the state of the union is with inventory. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 11:55 AM   #2
SushiSean
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcampado View Post
Hi all,

I’m going to be traveling to Aruba in the next couple of weeks. Just wondering if anyone on TRF has been to Gandelman’s lately and if so what the state of the union is with inventory. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

They had the best inventory I’ve seen in years when I was there mid January. They had a bunch of PM pieces in other cases too this was just the SS case for the most part.

Good experience, bought this YM they had in the safe.

SushiSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 12:19 PM   #3
DCB
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
I was there January 17th for 5 days and picked a Sea Dweller 43. We stayed at the Hyatt which has a Gandelman's but I think there are two others.
16710 Pepsi (Z-Series)
16610 LV (V-Series)
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 01:26 PM   #4
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Thanks so much and nice pickup! Any other indication of what other SS pieces were in the safe? I’m thinking of doing a bundled purchase and pair a PM (Bluesy) with a SS model (Sub Date, Hulk, etc). Thoughts?
Old 26 February 2020, 01:18 AM   #5
SushiSean
"TRF" Member

No I didn’t really ask what else they had. I of course said I wanted all the hot SS pieces but they didn’t have a Pepsi, Hulk, SS Daytona, etc to offer. There was no discount on what I bought and the price out the door is about 1% higher than the no-tax US price.

I’d say besides my photo they had 80+ PM and DJ pieces on display
SushiSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 01:45 AM   #6
Flintstone
"TRF" Member

If you want to expand your collection and are not limited to just Rolex, then I suggest you visit Time Square Jewelers in the High Rise area. They have Ulysses Nardin, Glashutte Original, Franc Muller, Ball and Oris amongst others. Ask for Ronnie. He's honest. Professional and fun to negotiate with.
Flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 02:18 AM   #7
joegusmano
"TRF" Member

I was just at Gandelman's in the Hyatt last week.

Stock included a Full gold root beer, rose gold Daytona, couple Datejusts (one Wimbledon), rose gold yacht-master oyster-flex, two-tone rose YMII, couple DDs.

No steel sports, although they did seem more willing to work with me considering I will be back in Aruba next week.
joegusmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 11:39 AM   #8
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegusmano View Post
I was just at Gandelman's in the Hyatt last week.

Stock included a Full gold root beer, rose gold Daytona, couple Datejusts (one Wimbledon), rose gold yacht-master oyster-flex, two-tone rose YMII, couple DDs.

No steel sports, although they did seem more willing to work with me considering I will be back in Aruba next week.
Thanks! Let me know if inventory improves when you’re there next week. I’ll be going the week after you!
Old 26 February 2020, 11:44 AM   #9
CK19
"TRF" Member

there is actually a post on reddit r/rolex today. Walked into Gandelman's and left with a sub. had a Milgauss and 42 yacht in WG
CK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 12:02 PM   #10
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK19 View Post
there is actually a post on reddit r/rolex today. Walked into Gandelman's and left with a sub. had a Milgauss and 42 yacht in WG
I just saw that myself. I can only hope to get that lucky myself in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!
Old 1 March 2020, 11:58 PM   #11
Frakis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I just saw that myself. I can only hope to get that lucky myself in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!

I would call the AD, and let him know what you are looking for prior to your visit. Give him a few weeks to try and procure the watch you are looking for.

Congrats on your new Bluesy!
Old 2 March 2020, 03:29 AM   #12
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakis View Post
I would call the AD, and let him know what you are looking for prior to your visit. Give him a few weeks to try and procure the watch you are looking for.

Congrats on your new Bluesy!
Thanks!!! I did end up emailing them a few weeks ago asking about availability of several SS models. Here was their reply:

Dear Mr. C,

Thank you for your rapid response.

All the references you are interested in, are incredibly hard to obtain models. They are also not available in our inventory, neither do we have a wish/or a waiting list for these.

We look forward to welcome you in one of our stores when you are on the island and hopefully you will be able to personally enjoy the available collections.

Kindest,

Customer Care
GANDELMAN
P.O. Box 108
Oranjestad, ARUBA (GMT-04:00)
Dutch Caribbean

Oh well! I’ll keep everyone on TRF posted on what the current inventory status is. I leave this Friday (can’t wait)!!!
Old 2 March 2020, 03:41 PM   #13
Frakis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks!!! I did end up emailing them a few weeks ago asking about availability of several SS models. Here was their reply:

Dear Mr. C,

Thank you for your rapid response.

All the references you are interested in, are incredibly hard to obtain models. They are also not available in our inventory, neither do we have a wish/or a waiting list for these.

We look forward to welcome you in one of our stores when you are on the island and hopefully you will be able to personally enjoy the available collections.

Kindest,

Customer Care

GANDELMAN

P.O. Box 108

Oranjestad, ARUBA (GMT-04:00)

Dutch Caribbean

Oh well! I’ll keep everyone on TRF posted on what the current inventory status is. I leave this Friday (can’t wait)!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you find there. Remember to inquire about “what’s in the back?”

Enjoy your vacation!
Old 4 March 2020, 12:17 PM   #14
Frederick
"TRF" Member

Was just downtown. Case was filled. Many date just, day date, pm galore. I haven’t seen this many Rolex in one store in many years.
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2020, 01:05 PM   #15
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
Was just downtown. Case was filled. Many date just, day date, pm galore. I haven’t seen this many Rolex in one store in many years.
Any SS on display or “in the safe”?
Old 4 March 2020, 02:21 PM   #16
joegusmano
"TRF" Member

Was just at the Hyatt. Only semi-interesting stock was a two-tone black sub
Old 13 March 2020, 01:14 PM   #17
arcampado
"TRF" Member

No SS on display at the Hyatt or in Renaissance mall except a Milgauss and I made multiple visits during my week stay. I tried to find out what was in the safe but they didn’t take the bait. They were very unwilling to discuss anything but PM. They said they “don’t have any SS” and that was that. One lady at the Hyatt took my contact info and said she would call if “anything came in” but then proceeded to ask me 50 questions to try and figure out if I was a grey LOL. I told her I was just a watch enthusiast looking for a SS Rolex and if she could get me a SS piece I would be thrilled. Oh well, no such luck this trip! Please keep me posted if anyone else is able to score a SS piece in Aruba in the coming weeks. I would think that if COVID-19 forces Aruba to restrict cruise ships to Oranjestad then anyone staying in Palm and Eagle Beach should stand a chance to pick something up from Gandelmans at Renaissance mall. Just my 2 cents...
Old 13 March 2020, 04:07 PM   #18
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
No SS on display at the Hyatt or in Renaissance mall except a Milgauss and I made multiple visits during my week stay. I tried to find out what was in the safe but they didn’t take the bait. They were very unwilling to discuss anything but PM. They said they “don’t have any SS” and that was that. One lady at the Hyatt took my contact info and said she would call if “anything came in” but then proceeded to ask me 50 questions to try and figure out if I was a grey LOL. I told her I was just a watch enthusiast looking for a SS Rolex and if she could get me a SS piece I would be thrilled. Oh well, no such luck this trip! Please keep me posted if anyone else is able to score a SS piece in Aruba in the coming weeks. I would think that if COVID-19 forces Aruba to restrict cruise ships to Oranjestad then anyone staying in Palm and Eagle Beach should stand a chance to pick something up from Gandelmans at Renaissance mall. Just my 2 cents...
Asking for “SS pieces” make you sound like a grey dealer or flipper.

You need to have a piece or 2 in mind and focus on these. Seeming desperate for anything SS just screams both desperation and flipper sadly
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2020, 05:30 PM   #19
Ihatecheese
Banned

You and every other US tourist trying to buy the exact same watch, that week in Aruba. I think it may be qualification for entry to that country as a mature gentlemen. ��
Ihatecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2020, 08:28 PM   #20
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Asking for “SS pieces” make you sound like a grey dealer or flipper.

You need to have a piece or 2 in mind and focus on these. Seeming desperate for anything SS just screams both desperation and flipper sadly
To be clear, I specifically asked for a date or no date Sub. I was wearing my two-tone Bluesy and was with my wife. Kind of sad I was profiled as a grey but I guess these are the times we live in!
Old 13 March 2020, 11:30 PM   #21
joegusmano
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was offered a date Sub at the Hyatt location last week. Turned it down. SA was very upset I when I told her I wasn't in love and would rather wait for something that wows me. She said "it's not about what you want it's about what's available" and "you can either get it now or pay $5k more on the grey market when you get home."
Old 14 March 2020, 12:50 AM   #22
blreynolds
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126603 Sea Dweller
I was in Aruba 10 days ago and left Gandelman's with a SD 126603. Jean Paul was great and they did have a pretty good inventory. The TT Sea Dweller is my first Rolex and I'm loving it. Also, when I went through customs in Aruba I declared it and the agent wived me by and just said "thanks". Great trip, great experience!

Blake - Atlanta
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6609 (1).jpg (118.9 KB, 428 views)
blreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2020, 12:51 AM   #23
rmblnboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Batman
Aruba

I go to Aruba for Xmas. Looking for a OP41 in blue or Tiffany. Ha yeah wishful thinking. But thanks for the tips...
rmblnboy is offline   Reply With Quote