The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 6 January 2023, 08:45 AM   #1
friesframe
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: rolex batman!
Possible scammer

I saw two almost identical listings for a GMT II blue and black. Same killer price
$14,800

I reached out to both and one got back but would not send a phone number to FaceTime or even talk. I suspect that when I said I would not deal with anyone unless I saw the watch and the seller via FaceTime or WhatsApp. They said they only deal with people with solid references. Very odd.

They go by the name of Swegin and BMiller.

Not sure how to report someone as suspicious. The price seemed under market by several thousand. If I am wrong then I owe them both an apology. Just that there are so many scammers…..
friesframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 09:02 AM   #2
ZOOK
2024 Pledge Member

Go back to the sale ads and click on the red triangle with the exclamation point on the left side of the post below the user info. This will alert the admin and all of the moderators for quickest investigation.

I think the accounts have been hacked/phished.
ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 09:32 AM   #3
Swegin
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD
It's really funny how some people make some comments without facts! Don't you think that's very unfair? Before you give negative comments about someone, please do well to investigate and let your reason be valid.
Swegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 11:48 AM   #4
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Well, what's the other side of the story, then?
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 03:07 PM   #5
bmiller
"TRF" Member

This is sad to read. I just went through my email and I noticed your message came in as spam(I don't reply to spam messages). You said "They said they only deal with people with solid references.". I never replied to your message, how come I said that? I feel so bad reading your message here thou. Good luck
bmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 03:15 PM   #6
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by friesframe View Post
I saw two almost identical listings for a GMT II blue and black. Same killer price
$14,800

I reached out to both and one got back but would not send a phone number to FaceTime or even talk. I suspect that when I said I would not deal with anyone unless I saw the watch and the seller via FaceTime or WhatsApp. They said they only deal with people with solid references. Very odd.

They go by the name of Swegin and BMiller.

Not sure how to report someone as suspicious. The price seemed under market by several thousand. If I am wrong then I owe them both an apology. Just that there are so many scammers…..

Did you only join TRF to sell watches?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 06:18 AM   #7
bmiller
"TRF" Member

Thanks for flagging. I'm the original account owner of "bmiller" - as OP noted, my account "bmiller" was hacked, but I have since changed the password. Sucks nobody is going to no longer trust this account...always be alert...
bmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 02:28 PM   #8
mat355
"TRF" Member

I have been dealing with this same seller definitely something fishy going on. He told me as well only deals with buyers with good feedback and is adamant about not taking PayPal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mat355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 08:23 PM   #9
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swegin View Post
It's really funny how some people make some comments without facts! Don't you think that's very unfair? Before you give negative comments about someone, please do well to investigate and let your reason be valid.

Good obfuscation

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 04:27 AM   #10
tike71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swegin View Post
Your for sale listing:

Same photo posted by Time Solution on facebook, you just edited out the background.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...520000.&type=3

You've got some explaining to do
Old 8 January 2023, 04:33 AM   #11
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Ohhh I love this!

"Please see the pictures for a good representation of the condition of the watch"

Well... technically accurate but a slimy way to phrase it.
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 04:49 AM   #12
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Why is that watch still for sale with these evident issues?
Has that post and this one been reported?
Old 8 January 2023, 06:44 AM   #13
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Well, this got interesting. Swegin, care to explain?
Old 8 January 2023, 07:49 AM   #14
viswak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega, GS
Looks like a hacked account. Another BLNR was sold by the same person in April (probably by the original owner of the account).

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
viswak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 08:07 AM   #15
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Well, this got interesting. Swegin, care to explain?

What to explain? We all see it. It’s a scam using somebody else’s pictures

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 08:30 AM   #16
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
What to explain? We all see it. It’s a scam using somebody else’s pictures

Well, this post has been active since 1/5, the listing is still active from 12/28, pictures appear pirated, and the seller is not banned.
Looks like plenty to be explained.
Someone is going to get screwed.
Old 8 January 2023, 08:40 AM   #17
ZOOK
2024 Pledge Member

Swegin now banned.
Old 10 January 2023, 08:13 AM   #18
danicycle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk
Very glad you posted this! I also reached out to Swegin about the watch. Very cagey about having a FaceTime call to see the watch. He did provide me a phone number and when I called it was a very awkward discussion - very low tone and quiet voice without expanding on details on the watch. I could tell he wanted to hang up quickly. Red Flag, pass.
danicycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 08:55 AM   #19
ZOOK
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicycle View Post
Very glad you posted this! I also reached out to Swegin about the watch. Very cagey about having a FaceTime call to see the watch. He did provide me a phone number and when I called it was a very awkward discussion - very low tone and quiet voice without expanding on details on the watch. I could tell he wanted to hang up quickly. Red Flag, pass.

You should post any contact info you have on the scammer, alias, email address, phone number, etc. So if his next victim does a due diligence search, he/she will see this thread.
Old 10 January 2023, 11:42 AM   #20
danicycle
"TRF" Member

Email address is: swegin105@gmail.com

Phone number provided: (541) 304-2453
Old 11 January 2023, 12:11 AM   #21
Hawkeye98
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicycle View Post
Email address is: swegin105@gmail.com

Phone number provided: (541) 304-2453

I can vouch for the REAL Swegin as I'm the one who purchased his Batman posted for sale back in April 2022. I can also confirm that the contact info above is not his contact info. His email address uses his real name, not the TRF handle. Swegin is in contact with Steve to figure out how to resolve the compromised account. My friend, also a TRF member, purchased a Kermit from Swegin shortly after I purchased my Batman, per my referral. Both transactions were smooth and we spoke on the phone with Swegin. His account was hacked and it's a shame his years of credibility are compromised as a result - certainly understandable as someone undeniably took control of his account and is obviously up to shenanigans. It's good that TRF members flagged the posting and action was taken to remove the scammer and protect buyers - the flipside is figuring out how to help the REAL Swegin out. He truly is a good guy.
Hawkeye98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 03:10 AM   #22
danicycle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye98 View Post
I can vouch for the REAL Swegin as I'm the one who purchased his Batman posted for sale back in April 2022. I can also confirm that the contact info above is not his contact info. His email address uses his real name, not the TRF handle. Swegin is in contact with Steve to figure out how to resolve the compromised account. My friend, also a TRF member, purchased a Kermit from Swegin shortly after I purchased my Batman, per my referral. Both transactions were smooth and we spoke on the phone with Swegin. His account was hacked and it's a shame his years of credibility are compromised as a result - certainly understandable as someone undeniably took control of his account and is obviously up to shenanigans. It's good that TRF members flagged the posting and action was taken to remove the scammer and protect buyers - the flipside is figuring out how to help the REAL Swegin out. He truly is a good guy.
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to call out the real Swegin with my post above - just to warn others in case they exchange calls or emails with the above contact details. Hope this gets resolved!
Old 11 January 2023, 03:11 AM   #23
DaytonaNYC99
Banned

I'm going to weigh in here with another potential SCAM by Swegin. I posted a WTB post for a AP 15450st. He contacted me with the "swegin105@gmail.com" email, some photos and a price a few thousands below market. I'm glad I gave it more thoughts before proceeding. I was trying to figure out if he's legit/has any solid references, then I saw he wrote a review about someone called Hawkeye98, and clearly there's more scammers replied in that post. Now, I'm seeing this post and his account banned. So thanks TRF for investigating and banning his account which saved me from a big rip.
DaytonaNYC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 07:34 AM   #24
milov
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaNYC99 View Post
I'm going to weigh in here with another potential SCAM by Swegin. I posted a WTB post for a AP 15450st. He contacted me with the "swegin105@gmail.com" email, some photos and a price a few thousands below market. I'm glad I gave it more thoughts before proceeding. I was trying to figure out if he's legit/has any solid references, then I saw he wrote a review about someone called Hawkeye98, and clearly there's more scammers replied in that post. Now, I'm seeing this post and his account banned. So thanks TRF for investigating and banning his account which saved me from a big rip.
It should probably be pointed out the the person you were dealing with was not the long time forum member swegin, but a scammer who had gained access to his account.
milov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 12:43 AM   #25
friesframe
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: rolex batman!
Quote:
When I posted I felt like I was going out on a limb but damn…. I love this forum and just hate to see people taken.
friesframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2023, 05:29 AM   #26
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Funny thing. I saw your ad for a new Batgirl on TRF; it was supplosedly purchased Jan 23 from an AD.

How come it's using the same pics as this watch sold at auction in 2022?

Sounds like we have scammers hiding in plain sight.

Archived at this link for posterity
T3rmina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2023, 05:32 AM   #27
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

Duplicate

Last edited by T3rmina1; 25 January 2023 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: Duplicate
Old 25 January 2023, 07:08 AM   #28
tike71
"TRF" Member

Nice work. Looks like his account got phished and taken over. You can see his style of writing changed after the 23rd, going from detailed posts to one word posts to boost post count.
Old 25 January 2023, 03:11 PM   #29
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tike71 View Post
Nice work. Looks like his account got phished and taken over. You can see his style of writing changed after the 23rd, going from detailed posts to one word posts to boost post count.
Poor dude. The welcome message for the forums should probably be changed to warnings of these phishing scams because this is getting out of hand.
Or the mods might have to run regular phishing education like my IT department
Old 25 January 2023, 03:53 PM   #30
77T
2024 Pledge Member

The way people get phished, or hacked, or hijacked are fairly simple to thwart.

TRF has 2FA enabled - it’s the best way to secure your account here.

Even if a member fell victim to a password theft, the scammer wouldn’t be able to log in from a different IP addy because of the 2FA challenge (which wouldn’t be available to him or her).

Just a message in the spirit of communication for those who read this thread and wonder how to keep from being the next hijacked account holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote