The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 25 March 2023, 05:45 AM   #31
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

and we have not even talked about Hermes yet

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2023, 06:14 AM   #32
malba2366
"TRF" Member

Demand has cooled, and these morons are still trying playing the same games...Richemont tolerated it as long as everything got sold, but things have changed enough now they want it to stop.
malba2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2023, 06:36 AM   #33
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I was "on the list" for a black dial Overseas dual time. Maybe I need to go back and check.

The thing is that who isn't doing the VIP customer thing? All popular models from all brands are allowed the same way. Money is money, its hard to not leverage when you have the chance. Sad for enthusiasts, good for business.
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2023, 07:00 AM   #34
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
Demand has cooled, and these morons are still trying playing the same games...Richemont tolerated it as long as everything got sold, but things have changed enough now they want it to stop.
good point

Old 25 March 2023, 07:01 AM   #35
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
I was "on the list" for a black dial Overseas dual time. Maybe I need to go back and check.

The thing is that who isn't doing the VIP customer thing? All popular models from all brands are allowed the same way. Money is money, its hard to not leverage when you have the chance. Sad for enthusiasts, good for business.
the dumb thing is why use bribery. Just use the bribery money to buy more things first from the store. 3 code 11.59? sure, if one is going to bribe anyway.

Old 25 March 2023, 08:17 AM   #36
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

This is why I like the boutique model. If employees are playing favorites, mistreating customers, or more or less extorting potential clientele, management have the ability to come in and rectify the situation.

When brands such as PP and Rolex go the authorized dealer route, ADs and their SAs care very little about the long-term brand image. They simply care about their next paycheck or making their bonus. At least that has been my takeaway from many ADs.

To VC in particular, I have always been treated with respect and found the NYC staff to be exceptional. I’ve spoken with Steven multiple times and he’s invited me to one event (I’ve never purchased from VC).

Also, most overseas are selling below MSRP now on the secondary. Maybe those customers that paid “xxx” to get an overseas now see their under the water and complained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2023, 08:23 AM   #37
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
This is why I like the boutique model. If employees are playing favorites, mistreating customers, or more or less extorting potential clientele, management have the ability to come in and rectify the situation.

When brands such as PP and Rolex go the authorized dealer route, ADs and their SAs care very little about the long-term brand image. They simply care about their next paycheck or making their bonus. At least that has been my takeaway from many ADs.

To VC in particular, I have always been treated with respect and found the NYC staff to be exceptional. I’ve spoken with Steven multiple times and he’s invited me to one event (I’ve never purchased from VC).

Also, most overseas are selling below MSRP now on the secondary. Maybe those customers that paid “xxx” to get an overseas now see their under the water and complained

I agree with you. I hated PP AD...wait, are you sure vco is selling under MSRP? even my wife's vco quartz movement remains at MSRP last time I check couple weeks ago online.

Old 25 March 2023, 08:31 AM   #38
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegt View Post
wait, are you sure vco is selling under MSRP? even my wife's vco quartz movement remains at MSRP...

I should say more like MSRP + tax. I’ve seen a number right around there. Im also watching the higher complication overseas more so. European watch co had a 6000v sit for weeks at $99k, below retail. Also, Phillips auctioned a 4300v for 100 chf which is retail as well.

I was nearing buying one and thought to reach out to the boutique to mention I was about to. Wouldn’t have hurt to say, “hey, I’m able to buy this reference right now for roughly retail. If you want the business then sell me one.”

Old 25 March 2023, 08:55 AM   #39
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I should say more like MSRP + tax. I’ve seen a number right around there. Im also watching the higher complication overseas more so. European watch co had a 6000v sit for weeks at $99k, below retail. Also, Phillips auctioned a 4300v for 100 chf which is retail as well.

I was nearing buying one and thought to reach out to the boutique to mention I was about to. Wouldn’t have hurt to say, “hey, I’m able to buy this reference right now for roughly retail. If you want the business then sell me one.”

oh...

Old 25 March 2023, 04:37 PM   #40
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiberoptiks View Post
What happened to Brad? Is he still there?
He's no longer there, I inquired about him when I stopped by the past month.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2023, 08:42 PM   #41
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Vacheron Boutique at SCP - Mgt change?

Quote:
Wouldn’t have hurt to say, “hey, I’m able to buy this reference right now for roughly retail. If you want the business then sell me one.”
It would actually. If you say that to them they're going to tell you to go ahead and do that and maybe write you off. This isn't Rolex, meaning they don't have 10-12 a week rolling in hiding in back. They get single digits of each model per year and they get about 1 month warning from RNA when their units are coming stateside. That's when you "get the call" if you're up.

Also that's just not a very likeable thing to say in my opinion.
Old 26 March 2023, 12:24 AM   #42
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
It would actually. If you say that to them they're going to tell you to go ahead and do that and maybe write you off. This isn't Rolex, meaning they don't have 10-12 a week rolling in hiding in back. They get single digits of each model per year and they get about 1 month warning from RNA when their units are coming stateside. That's when you "get the call" if you're up.

Also that's just not a very likeable thing to say in my opinion.

Why should it hurt one’s chances expressing to a retailer the truth? Obviously, in a polite manner—simply stating the facts that you’re on the fence of buying a particular model on the secondary but would like to give the SA your business. People have been walking on egg shells the last few years. You’re the customer and you’re the one spending the money—many seem to have forgotten that. With that, I’ll leave it there.

Back to the topic on hand, VC service has always been exceptional with me when I’ve visited. So much so that I would like to give the business to the SA I’ve spoken with in the past (even with my interest list being obtainable on the secondary market at a reasonable price)—that is top-notch service.

Old 26 March 2023, 12:33 AM   #43
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Vacheron Boutique at SCP - Mgt change?

Quote:
Why should it hurt one’s chances expressing to a retailer the truth? Obviously, in a polite manner—simply stating the facts that you’re on the fence of buying a particular model on the secondary but would like to give the SA your business. People have been walking on egg shells the last few years. You’re the customer and you’re the one spending the money—many seem to have forgotten that. With that, I’ll leave it there.

Back to the topic on hand, VC service has always been exceptional with me when I’ve visited. So much so that I would like to give the business to the SA I’ve spoken with in the past (even with my interest list being obtainable on the secondary market at a reasonable price)—that is top-notch service.

Don't need a lecture about egg shells and who is the customer.

I suppose how it comes off depends on your delivery. My point is, they can't make it happen for you on any timeline because they don't have the merchandise.

This is different than Rolex where it's a popularity and / or spending contest.

I told my Vacheron SA in home town that the watch I want is available at another boutique (it was at south coast plaza in this case) and she said "you should just buy that because I can't guarantee you anything"... it was not rude or anything but it also isn't helpful since they can't do anything about it.

If it comes off the wrong way then it could hurt I guess. Upside Zero. Downside maybe.
Old 26 March 2023, 01:04 AM   #44
mrs_LA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Yep! And that might make sense that PP and Rolex are both cutting down their AD stores to get a better grasp of their reputation.

Honestly, nobody is shocked anymore that this is the norm.
Old 26 March 2023, 01:47 AM   #45
malba2366
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post

Allocating watches to repeat customers is one thing, but boutique employees straight up asking for bribes to get a watch is another.
Old 26 March 2023, 01:51 AM   #46
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

when I'm selling something and someone tells me they can get it for cheaper elsewhere, I tell them great they should buy it there then that's a fantastic price. not sure that gets me all excited to sell it to you more
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 05:59 AM   #47
CPZorro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
Try the Vangerai straps and call it a day. Quality isn’t bad and they have all different color rubber straps.
Do you have a link? I can’t seem to find Vangerai straps on google.
CPZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 06:48 AM   #48
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPZorro View Post

https://www.vagenari.com
Old 26 March 2023, 11:09 AM   #49
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPZorro View Post
Sorry, I totally butchered the spelling. It’s Vagenari.

https://www.vagenari.com/
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 03:28 PM   #50
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
either she is now working in Tiffany downstairs or she is in Asia. I heard it's the boutique director that fled.

Same individual. She is now the boutique director at Tiffany's downstairs.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 06:51 PM   #51
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
Same individual. She is now the boutique director at Tiffany's downstairs.
so she did not flee? no way! the previous AP boutique director now is the Tiffany boutique director downstairs? I thought the director fled and it is the other staff that now work at Tiffany. Are you sure?

Old 27 March 2023, 12:50 AM   #52
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
so she did not flee? no way! the previous AP boutique director now is the Tiffany boutique director downstairs? I thought the director fled and it is the other staff that now work at Tiffany. Are you sure?

I just looked on Linkedin. It is true she is now the Tiffany Boutique director...d
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 03:50 AM   #53
phiberoptiks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxj86 View Post
I just looked on Linkedin. It is true she is now the Tiffany Boutique director...d
I think vc and ap person are not the same.
phiberoptiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 04:59 AM   #54
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiberoptiks View Post
I think vc and ap person are not the same.
Agree. The AP person starts with an S and shes now at Tiffany. The VC person I think starts with E and I do not know where he is..
Old 27 March 2023, 06:59 AM   #55
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:

Yes, that's what I've been told. I heard she left the country and now is back.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 04:19 PM   #56
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Disgusting. Any lawyer here? was there any law broken in this situation of taking bribe?

Old 28 March 2023, 06:29 AM   #57
malba2366
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Disgusting. Any lawyer here? was there any law broken in this situation of taking bribe?

It is illegal in most states for an employee to accept such payments without the knowledge of their employer, but this exact scenario is somewhat of a grey area. It is doubtful, anyone would try prosecute this. There was probably no written agreement so it would be one persons' word vs another. Also salesperson could just say there was no quid pro quo and their understanding was that it was a gratuity from a grateful customer.

The most likely scenario is that Richemont learned about the bribes, they approached the individuals involved and told them to resign immediately and any investigations would be dropped.

At many of these stores this culture is pervasive throughout the store, with bribes being shared with management who ultimately allocates the goods, and in some cases employees paying bribes to managers just to get the sales job. It is going on at Hermes, Rolex ADs, Luxury car dealers, hot restaurants etc.
Old 28 March 2023, 01:20 PM   #58
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
It is illegal in most states for an employee to accept such payments without the knowledge of their employer, but this exact scenario is somewhat of a grey area. It is doubtful, anyone would try prosecute this. There was probably no written agreement so it would be one persons' word vs another. Also salesperson could just say there was no quid pro quo and their understanding was that it was a gratuity from a grateful customer.

The most likely scenario is that Richemont learned about the bribes, they approached the individuals involved and told them to resign immediately and any investigations would be dropped.

At many of these stores this culture is pervasive throughout the store, with bribes being shared with management who ultimately allocates the goods, and in some cases employees paying bribes to managers just to get the sales job. It is going on at Hermes, Rolex ADs, Luxury car dealers, hot restaurants etc.
Don't forget that pimps also get a cut from the girls.
Old 28 March 2023, 02:45 PM   #59
rand8086
"TRF" Member

I suspect the same is happening at the Rolex boutique in SCP. They had me write down my info on paper for a Sub I was interested in a few years back. Never received a call. On my last visit, asked if they could look up my name on the list to see where I was at, just out of curiosity, and the salesperson uncomfortably said I would need to buy some other pieces like women's watches first and that they no longer honor the wait list.
rand8086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2023, 05:50 PM   #60
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don't forget that pimps also get a cut from the girls.
too good