The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 31 December 2022, 11:14 AM   #61
Narbeh
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP
Code 1159 has grown on me big time. I hear there will be new versions come March 23. Eagerly waiting to see AP's new offerings. Likely my next AP purchase and will fill the dress watch void currently in my collection. This particular Starwheel variant is quite interesting. I just watched some videos on it. Really fantastic dial.
Narbeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2023, 09:08 PM   #62
metzgergt1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narbeh View Post
Code 1159 has grown on me big time. I hear there will be new versions come March 23. Eagerly waiting to see AP's new offerings. Likely my next AP purchase and will fill the dress watch void currently in my collection. This particular Starwheel variant is quite interesting. I just watched some videos on it. Really fantastic dial.
What is in March 23?
metzgergt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2023, 11:07 PM   #63
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzgergt1 View Post
What is in March 23?

Womens version and some more complications. But i suspect a lot of guys will like the “women’s” size as it wears like a perfect dress watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrunoMalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2023, 01:56 PM   #64
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post
Womens version and some more complications. But i suspect a lot of guys will like the “women’s” size as it wears like a perfect dress watch.

Does AP do timed releases? It seems that we wake up randomly some days and see that new releases have appeared. Is March when new ROOs will start being presented too?
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2023, 02:45 PM   #65
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC / AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post

Heard it will be steel and will be slightly smaller.
fatcows7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 09:59 AM   #66
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Checked it out yesterday. They put me in the list, seems I have a good chance to get it. Let's see... AP HK will receive single digit Starwheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_img-5105.jpg (171.5 KB, 736 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_img-5107.jpg (92.9 KB, 726 views)
NTCP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 01:01 PM   #67
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
Checked it out yesterday. They put me in the list, seems I have a good chance to get it. Let's see... AP HK will receive single digit Starwheels.
Looks good, looking forward to seeing one in person (and your incoming).
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 01:22 PM   #68
Narbeh
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by metzgergt1 View Post
What is in March 23?
I was told March 2023 new code 1159 models will be announced. Possibly new case size and new dials.
Narbeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 01:48 PM   #69
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narbeh View Post
I was told March 2023 new code 1159 models will be announced. Possibly new case size and new dials.
So, if March is for CODEs, February will kick off the 30th anniversary ROOs, one assumes.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 10 January 2023, 01:49 PM   #70
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Looks good, looking forward to seeing one in person (and your incoming).
Not sure if I will take one... I'm on the list for one RO, and one ROO (although not 100% convinced yet).

For me personally, the CODE 11.59 is a much more impressive watch than the RO. I also have to think a bit of investment aspect, which is usually don't do. Most of my watches are quite beaten up. The last 2-3 years were crazy, and quite annoying for real watch enthusiasts. Unfortunately, buying an "investment" watch is now also on my mind. Although I will still wear it, and not put it in a safe.
Old 10 January 2023, 04:58 PM   #71
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This looks absolutely stunning. Much rather have this than a standard RO or RO chrono tbh. Is this going to require approval from Le Brassus like a QP?
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 05:39 PM   #72
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
AP HK will receive single digit Starwheels.
Looks amazing... hopefully it's more like 8-9 and not 1-2
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 06:44 PM   #73
namelesswatchguy
"TRF" Member

I mostly love the release. I agree with several commenters that 41mm is too big, but that's a problem with the entire CODE line (and, frankly, most ROs as well). My biggest issue is the opaque discs. The original was FAR more legible since you only really noticed the current hour. In the new version, you always see twelve hours so it takes a minute to figure out what time it is. Less elegant IMO. The John Shaeffer pieces are the ultimate grails of course...
namelesswatchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 11:27 PM   #74
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Someone in Singapore received the starwheel today
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 02:35 AM   #75
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackingtime View Post
Someone in Singapore received the starwheel today

Awesome to know, hopefully they start trickling in across the globe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 12:05 PM   #76
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Regarding the new CODEs. My AP contacts told their will be a new case material and new dial structure... He couldn't say more, obviously. He probably already told me too much.
Old 11 January 2023, 04:48 PM   #77
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelesswatchguy View Post
I mostly love the release. I agree with several commenters that 41mm is too big, but that's a problem with the entire CODE line (and, frankly, most ROs as well). My biggest issue is the opaque discs. The original was FAR more legible since you only really noticed the current hour. In the new version, you always see twelve hours so it takes a minute to figure out what time it is. Less elegant IMO. The John Shaeffer pieces are the ultimate grails of course...
i agree with the size part. it's just too big for me.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 03:55 AM   #78
AHG
"TRF" Member

I'd be curious how they price the Code if it's smaller and in steel given it will have a strap. But Code's have in steel definitely make sense to me.
AHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 04:53 AM   #79
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
Respectfully, I completely disagree with your views. I think AP did a great job with this version and I liked the fact that they used this for the Code. I love the color scheme. I may have to get one.

Agree entirely

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 08:48 AM   #80
djnick
"TRF" Member

Funny codes used to sell under retail because people only bought them to dump to get RO, times have changed
djnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2023, 05:50 AM   #81
Palex
"TRF" Member

In Dusseldorf a grey dial chrono 26393CR.00.A002CR.01 2021 EURO 30.889

That is very, very cheap!
Palex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2023, 06:50 AM   #82
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
So, if March is for CODEs, February will kick off the 30th anniversary ROOs, one assumes.
My information is that we might see the 30th anniversary ROO’s at the end of January/beginning of February
GW44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2023, 06:52 AM   #83
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnick View Post
Funny codes used to sell under retail because people only bought them to dump to get RO, times have changed
It’s good that it’s getting better for the CODE. It shows AP is trying to evolve itself and be less reliant on the RO. I hope it will only get better from here and that AP will have a strong 3 watch line-up.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2023, 06:42 AM   #84
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

I like it. I wish it was smaller and thinner but really like the execution. Oh yeah, and in steel or some other exotic metal - tantalum with white ceramic inserts.
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 07:04 AM   #85
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
My information is that we might see the 30th anniversary ROO’s at the end of January/beginning of February
It’s end of January now…

Anyway, has anyone else seen or heard when they will ship out these starwheels?
Old 29 January 2023, 07:56 AM   #86
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

I wish they would be able to make thinner Codes... I just don't like the proportions of these things. They are way too damn thick and end-up being too dressy for a sports watch and too sporty for a dress watch. I thought the Starwheel would fix it a bit but seen one today at a boutique and the magic didn't work...
For me it's (i) too thick, (ii) the second hand feels weird on this watch, they shouldn't have put one (like on the previous old model or other similar watches using this method telling time - like Urwerk or Moser), (iii) the 3 hour rings are way too big and completely swallow the dial, the aventurine background is therefore just anecdotal.
Shame, could have been great - as always, just my humble opinion...
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 08:20 AM   #87
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AperolSpritz View Post
(iii) the 3 hour rings are way too big and completely swallow the dial, the aventurine background is therefore just anecdotal.
Shame, could have been great - as always, just my humble opinion...
Thank you for sharing these details. I have been particularly curious how the ratio of wheels to dial looks in person, and whether the aventurine dial sufficiently shows, because it seems minimal in pictures. I still want to see it myself, but I expect it will look the same to me as to you. It’s not necessarily a deal breaker for a clearly impressive watch, but the devil is in the details.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 01:18 PM   #88
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by AperolSpritz View Post
I wish they would be able to make thinner Codes... I just don't like the proportions of these things. They are way too damn thick and end-up being too dressy for a sports watch and too sporty for a dress watch.
I personally think that's what makes the code special. It's neither a dress or a sports watch. AP can make thin watches but i don't think that's the point of this watch. I don't know if the curved case and crystal would be possible if they were to make it much thinner. A 10.7mm watch while not slim is hardly a thick watch. I would love for them to make smaller 38-39mm models as 41 is on the larger side for m although I still love wearing mine.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 03:28 PM   #89
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
I personally think that's what makes the code special. It's neither a dress or a sports watch. AP can make thin watches but i don't think that's the point of this watch. I don't know if the curved case and crystal would be possible if they were to make it much thinner. A 10.7mm watch while not slim is hardly a thick watch. I would love for them to make smaller 38-39mm models as 41 is on the larger side for m although I still love wearing mine.
I agree - I have no use for a pure dress watch, but will probably get a CODE at some point. 10.7mm is basically the same thickness as a 15510, so hardly excessive. Maybe they'll give a bit of a nip-and-tuck, but I think the basic proportions are fine. Looking forward to the upcoming releases.
Old 29 January 2023, 05:46 PM   #90
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

The 3 main issues with the code were always:

1) boring and uninspiring dials
2) too big
3) only PM

They are addressing the size and material concerns by releasing smaller SS models. We still know nothing about the dials. Hopefully they are amazing.

They would never do this, but how would you guys react if they release RO-like Tapisserie dials? Perhaps some variation of it, and perhaps different size (not petite mega or grande)