The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 March 2023, 11:06 AM   #31
CV997
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=messikens;12672710]I honestly would have thought with your purchases (assuming all done via boutique and not grey and none of them sold/flipped) you'd be good to even ask for a LE / QP / Tourbillon... it's pretty extensive

All pieces purchase through Ap house in Thailand, all still in my watch box.
Their allocation way may be hard to predict or my 3 years history with them
still too early.
CV997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 11:48 AM   #32
chows99
"TRF" Member

To be honest, you are already a very blessed person to have 15510 RO as your first watch.

May I know if you are in some glam employment?
chows99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 02:49 PM   #33
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Would a 16202BA (yellow gold) be more realistic as it is precious metal and perhaps not as popular? Not to mention more than double the price of steel.
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 06:31 PM   #34
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
Would a 16202BA (yellow gold) be more realistic as it is precious metal and perhaps not as popular? Not to mention more than double the price of steel.
The BA is extremely rare and much more difficult to get. I was told in 2022 they produced only 75 of them.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 10:32 PM   #35
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Patek
Not happening at this point. Own 5 APs, ROs, Diver, Code and was told need to spend in the millions to get one. Also adding more offshores and codes, which I am not about to do. Really after that call I had with my SA the other day I am about to drop off AP till things come back to earth which are going to be sooner then later.
Mainewatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 12:08 AM   #36
impactplayer
"TRF" Member

Yeesh, didn't realize the production run was that limited.
impactplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 12:41 AM   #37
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainewatchman View Post
Not happening at this point. Own 5 APs, ROs, Diver, Code and was told need to spend in the millions to get one. Also adding more offshores and codes, which I am not about to do. Really after that call I had with my SA the other day I am about to drop off AP till things come back to earth which are going to be sooner then later.
Spend millions to get what? Any 16202? Or 16202BA?
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 01:06 AM   #38
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Spend millions to get what? Any 16202? Or 16202BA?
that's what I was told. really bad experience with the SA over the phone, pretty much got the vibe not interested in dealing with me because at this point I only want "really popular" pieces. As a whole the AP brand seems comical at this point.
Old 22 March 2023, 04:15 AM   #39
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
that's what I was told. really bad experience with the SA over the phone, pretty much got the vibe not interested in dealing with me because at this point I only want "really popular" pieces. As a whole the AP brand seems comical at this point.
That is weird. Maybe speak to a boutique manager or the central team / Service Center... you're good enough of a client

That said - I would love for AP to limit the amount of new and extremely limited models they roll out with continuously. Not saying "make it democratic" but to continuously release model that go for six figures (new CE models, the new concept & ROO avocado for example) is almost laughably, especially if you cannot get an "entry" model anyways or the reachable ones are 60% models most people dont want
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 06:20 AM   #40
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
The BA is extremely rare and much more difficult to get. I was told in 2022 they produced only 75 of them.

Oh wooooow!I did not expect this at all. Assumed yellow gold was not so hip and just too costly. I am kind of shocked. For me, it is my fav Jumbo right now - damn thing is just delicious.
Old 22 March 2023, 06:26 AM   #41
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It seems that you have excellent buying history with a great diverse collection. What watch are you trying to get? A 16202BA or something even more exotic?

Recently, I was quoted 24 years wait time for steel Jumbo which can be politely interpreted as getting the next Jumbo 17202 with a 75 year gold rotor.

Wish you success in trying to get your wishlist piece.
Old 22 March 2023, 06:51 AM   #42
AHG
"TRF" Member

If you have to spend millions, then just go grey and get the watch you want.
AHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 08:00 AM   #43
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
Standard response from my boutique contact to ambitious requests is "I will do my best". When I asked for the 16202BA last year, it was just no-can-do. I don't think there's a lot of price-sensitivity among that segment of AP clients.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 08:09 AM   #44
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Optimistic estimate is two 16202BA/boutique/year. Each AP boutique certainly has more than a few clients with multi-million total spent. Not easy to make an argument why they should skip over their top clients to hand the hottest pieces to someone with a mere handful of watches (like me, btw).

Whether your SA should have been more diplomatic I can't tell.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 22 March 2023, 08:14 AM   #45
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHG View Post
If you have to spend millions, then just go grey and get the watch you want.
I don't have the transcript of OP's conversation, but I doubt the SA (unless he/she is pretty bad at their job) asked OP to spend millions on random stuff to get the 16202. The more reasonable (and not identical) statement is that these watches are going to clients who already have spent millions in the past - making it difficult to allocate one to middle-of-the-road clients like OP or me.
Old 22 March 2023, 08:49 AM   #46
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I don't have the transcript of OP's conversation, but I doubt the SA (unless he/she is pretty bad at their job) asked OP to spend millions on random stuff to get the 16202. The more reasonable (and not identical) statement is that these watches are going to clients who already have spent millions in the past - making it difficult to allocate one to middle-of-the-road clients like OP or me.
the better response from OP than being offended would have been to ask on what exactly is he supposed to spend this kind of money to get to this level on spending? There is still nothing for sale.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 10:33 AM   #47
messikens
"TRF" Member

To put it in perspective my SA said he received double digit requests for the ultra complication himself and I believe him. They're making less than 20 over two years in total...

Gives you an idea what these guys have to manage when they may receive 1 per boutique a year in total and they get so many requests for clients willing to drop $1m+ sight unseen....

Now extend it down to other pieces that are more in reach for noon uhnw people
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 09:58 PM   #48
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

I mean I get it. As others have said they only get 1 or 2 of each model and there are a lot higher people on the food chain than me. I have been collecting watches for 15 years and enjoy finding the piece I like and buying it. If I buy something and don't enjoy it I want the freedom to trade it towards something else. The idea of not being able to do either of these with AP has really turned me off to the brand. I will be back when the cases have items in them. I told this to my SA and the reaction he gave didn't think this was happening soon but oh well.

BA is top of the jumbo list for most, amazing piece.
Old 22 March 2023, 10:01 PM   #49
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
spot on but also hinted that I should buy anything he offers me to get my collection up to the level to be allocated a Jumbo. Not about to do that.
Old 22 March 2023, 10:39 PM   #50
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Quote:
spot on but also hinted that I should buy anything he offers me to get my collection up to the level to be allocated a Jumbo. Not about to do that.

I Assume you are dealing with the boutique in the New England region?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 12:48 AM   #51
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hm. Sounds like you're stuck for now. I also have gotten the hint that our collection is "RO heavy" from various SAs I talked to in random boutiques - but so far not from the one that actually counts in my home boutique.

I'll be happy to add some more ROOs and a Code or two, but only the ones I picked, not random things looking for a buyer.
Old 23 March 2023, 02:06 AM   #52
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
I mean I get it. As others have said they only get 1 or 2 of each model and there are a lot higher people on the food chain than me. I have been collecting watches for 15 years and enjoy finding the piece I like and buying it. If I buy something and don't enjoy it I want the freedom to trade it towards something else. The idea of not being able to do either of these with AP has really turned me off to the brand. I will be back when the cases have items in them. I told this to my SA and the reaction he gave didn't think this was happening soon but oh well.

BA is top of the jumbo list for most, amazing piece.

As far as I'm aware, a CPO program for AP is coming in the 4th quarter.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote