The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 15 November 2019, 06:53 AM   #1
Runthatbackturbo
"TRF" Member

Omega Speedmaster Racing Coaxial reference 326.30.40.50.04.001

Hello I just got the Omega speedmaster coaxial. about 2 years old former owner purchased from jomashop . I notice when I hit the Chronograph timer (big yellow second hand) it starts timing but it is not a smooth sweeping motion on the second hand. Look's almost as if it is juddering/stuttering and not smooth.

Some people say it's normal for Omega Chronographs . Kinda underwhelming if that's the case since it's a $5k watch.

http://imgur.com/a/oYEkb3h
Runthatbackturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 07:10 AM   #2
akendo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
I’m sure you’ll get other contributors, but this is normal.....depending on the amount of ‘judder’. This is due to the watch being powered by an oscillator. I can’t remember the bpm for this watch, but you’ll generally get smoother running from Zeniths due to the higher beat rate, and absolutely smooth from a Grand Seiko spring drive. The second hand should run the same as any mechanical 3 hand watch.....Omega, Rolex, etc. Worth looking at videos referencing beat rates for watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
akendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 07:12 AM   #3
akendo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by akendo View Post
I’m sure you’ll get other contributors, but this is normal.....depending on the amount of ‘judder’. This is due to the watch being powered by an oscillator. I can’t remember the bpm for this watch, but you’ll generally get smoother running from Zeniths due to the higher beat rate, and absolutely smooth from a Grand Seiko spring drive. The second hand should run the same as any mechanical 3 hand watch.....Omega, Rolex, etc. Worth looking at videos referencing beat rates for watches.

Looking at the video, it is a little lumpy. Take it to an AD and compare to one they have.

akendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 08:19 AM   #4
Runthatbackturbo
"TRF" Member

Compared to others via facebook forums and yes , theirs also has the same juddery second hand. That's horrible if it's normal. $5000 watch should not look like shit movements
Runthatbackturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 01:26 PM   #5
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
I believe this is not normal, and it can be improved by correcting the tension between the wheels that drive the chronograph seconds hand. Contact Omega Customer Service at (800) 766-6342 and request that they send you a shipping label for sending your watch in for repair.

Include the warranty card when you send it, as this repair should be covered by Omega's 5-year warranty. They will send you a link to a web site where you can track the status of your watch throughout the process.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 05:26 PM   #6
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
I believe this is not normal, and it can be improved by correcting the tension between the wheels that drive the chronograph seconds hand. Contact Omega Customer Service at (800) 766-6342 and request that they send you a shipping label for sending your watch in for repair.

Include the warranty card when you send it, as this repair should be covered by Omega's 5-year warranty. They will send you a link to a web site where you can track the status of your watch throughout the process.
It was purchased from grey.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote